University of Mississippi Medical Center

University of Mississippi Medical Center Employee Reviews

Competitive and edge reaching medical facility
Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Medical Provider (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day at this university and medical facility is very exciting. It allowed you to learn the latest medical and evidence based training for saving lives and becoming the number one hospital in Mississippi. The medical treatment is outstanding and can not be compared to other local hospitals. It stands out on it own. The medical as well as the education training. Most employees believes that when you work at the University Medical Center, you are able to work anywhere and be competitive with other physician, licensed clinical social workers, physical therapists and other disciplines.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Retention
really cool place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 16, 2018
My manager and co-workers here were top notch. I wish I didn't have to leave - I enjoyed my hours, the job, and the benefits! If I ever had an issue or needed anything to perform my job, the whole organization was accommodating.
Stressful environment but rewarding.
Critical Care Paramedic I (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 14, 2018
Great culture and cohort support. Management was a little wishy washy in terms of agreement about priorities and goals. plan on being flexable and go with the flow in order to thrive.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
Indecisive management
Fast-paced ER
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 13, 2018
Very busy ER with great learning opportunities in an academic medical center. A typical day as nurse practitioner includes evaluation of 25 to 30 patients.
Not a good place to work
Director of Sterile Processing (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 12, 2018
They are very stuck in time. It is a good old boy system. Stuck in old processes and not welling to change but is always looking for people to blame in lower level positions.
Pros
Poor Upper leadership
Cons
Good benefits
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 12, 2018
Great company to work. You get great experience and there is opportunity for advancement. Very competitive place to work. Definitely room for growth.
Good place to work.
RN Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 11, 2018
I have been at UMMC 12 years. I have enjoyed the experience that I've gotten in both case management and clinical documentation improvement. The benefits are pretty good for health insurance and retirement is fantastic. I have a manager who is not a nurse and that has been difficult at times. I have found it difficult to advance without returning to school. Overall it has been a great place to work.
Pros
Discounts on meals, great retirement, fair paid time off
Cons
Parking in stadium, lots of politics
Great nurses and doctors
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 10, 2018
Answer the phones, direct phone calls. Meet with Director to see if anything was needed for meetings. Great nurses and doctors. Order office supplies
Pros
State retirement
Cons
Short lunches
Good place to work with the right management
CNA (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 8, 2018
You will gain experience but it will be hard and salary will be low. If you work on a good floor and the people work together the work place will be productive.
great place
Anesthesiology Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 5, 2018
this is a great place to work. The only reason that I left was because my husband is in the service. The unit that I worked in was a very friendly environment.
Very good job
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 4, 2018
Was a very good job to work at and the manager was a very good person he was willing to help any one and he wasn't a mean person he always helped me .
Poor management
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Main HospitalJanuary 3, 2018
While employed at The University of Mississippi Medical Center I was under a new manager who was not experienced enough to effectively run the department. This lead to unrealistic goals and work loads which resulted in a tension filled department.
wasn't compensated enough for work load
Lead Housekeeper / Discharge Team (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 20, 2017
i was the lead housekeeper on the discharge team there was limited supplies and limited help. most of the people i started with didn't stay or was let go for poor performance
very productive day at work; long and Hard days
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 7, 2017
Learned team work, patients, confidentiality, and safety. Management well maintained. Very multi cultural. hardest part of job is making sure that all patients care is done with excellence.
Pros
dinning availeble thoughout the day evenning and night shifts
Cons
short breaks
It a great place
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 5, 2017
I organize files, prepare documents, schedule appointments, and support other staff.Communicate with client organizations and build strong, long-term relationships.
Enjoyed working there
Administrative Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 4, 2017
Miss working there and would love to return. I would still be there if I wasn't laid of due to federal cuts. If allowed to return, would love to be a part of a team, able to make a difference.
productive
Supervisor Scheduling Operations (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 2, 2017
shortage of obgyn females providers is hurting the department. We need more female providers with open availability with three to four days of full clinic.
Great Hospital
Physician Schedule II (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 1, 2017
My department is great. I love my managers and senior managers, they give me the ability to work independently. As long as the work gets done, they are happy. This makes my job so enjoyable. The pay is not GREAT, but I love my job, my coworker, and the benefits are very good. This hospital plays such a huge role in our community, and I am proud to be a part of UMMC.
Pros
I feel like I am a part of something "bigger"
Cons
Not the best pay
Ok if you don’t expect much
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 1, 2017
They don’t treat their employees very well. Some days were alright but it’s a stressful environment. Raises and promotions are few. The retirement is the only reason I stayed there.
Pros
State retirement
Cons
Parking, few raises
productive and nice enviroment
CRCST (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 29, 2017
great learning facility. always fast paced. they are always expanding and improving. The pay is not the best but they offer great health benefits for you or the entire family.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Mississippi Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Mississippi Medical Center Reviews by Location