University of Mississippi Medical Center

University of Mississippi Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent resources.
Chairman, Department of General Health Professions (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 8, 2016
Great upper level management. Mediocre mid level management. Faculty input is valued at a very superficial level. Excellent resources. Many well respected physicians and researchers.
Absolutely loved UMC! Teamwork is key!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39216February 16, 2016
Great work environment. Management effective and productive. Teamwork is key at UMC! I absolutely loved it there! A great teaching hospital!
Pros
High morale. Teamwork. Compensation
productive
NURSE ASSISTANT / UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 10, 2016
great company! I enjoyed working there I met a lot of great people. they have great food for lunch breaks. its a very fast pace place. there is never a dull moment at the "U".
Progressive acedemic environment
Dir Facil/Prac Dev - University Physicians, PLLC (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 4, 2016
Great place to work; constant effort to improve services and educational opportunities. Typical day at work involved special improvement and provision of needs for clinic managers, staff and patients.
Good Company
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 24, 2015
Very professional environment. Room for advancement based on experience and education. Able to work with the best technology.
I love the customers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 17, 2015
I love working at UMMC because I meet a lot of people. The doctors and nurses are very loving and caring. I have regular customers who I love and they are very polite.
Productive work place
Telehealth Coordinator Lead (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 10, 2015
Great place to work with really nice people. It is also room to grow and advance. Great place to continue education. Nothing more to day about the company it all depends on the person.
Purchasing at UMMC
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 6, 2015
Your typical day would be coming in and getting coffee, getting ready for another surprising day. Most days are quiet and the buyers are in their office working and I am in my office. I wait after everyone get started and go around and get an update and make sure everything is ok and if anyone needs any help. I might have a meeting which is maybe 2 or 3 times a month. I did invoice discrepancies on a daily basis, working with the accounts/receivable department. I received a recognition letter from a vendor because I cleared their account and no one else would. It was well over a million dollars worth of invoices that had not been resolved. I researched and got them up to date. That is as close to a typical day. An enjoyable day would be when we either have birthday parties which was quarterly and the holidays, always fun.
Pros
Benefits were great.
Cons
no comment
Productive and fun workplace
HIM EHR Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 30, 2015
Indeed has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress. But through strong leadership and a clear mission (I help people get jobs), Indeed has been an amazing place to work. The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
Pros
Weekly lunches, happy hours, management, advancement opportunities
Cons
Parking can be an issue
Great place to work with great benefits!
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 26, 2015
Opportunity for advancements but compensation is on the lower end. Retirement plan is great as well. Major problem with parking for employees.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 18, 2015
a typical work day is very, very irritable and frustrating. Although I enjoy my job and coworkers I feel that the couriers are underappreciated and also underpaid. Everyday there is something new that the couriers are doing wrong.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 9, 2015
I have learned many skills since I have worked here. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients achieve their goals.
Great work environment. Staff eager to teach and help.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 25, 2015
Great work environment. Staff eager to teach and help. Hematology/Oncology floor has an awesome nurse educator and nurse manager.
Pros
Benefits, Teamwork
Cons
Low salary
teaching facility with multiple opportunities for advancement
BCBS Delegated Rev/InterQual/Secondary Rev/UR RN (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 10, 2015
coordinated pt care with insurance companies, case managers, medical staff & families
taught hospital staff how to use InterQual
co-workers were great to work with
Bearable
Administrative Assistant III (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 4, 2015
Large company with many good workers. Some politics and red tape with such a big business. Parking is not easy at all and very crowded. Management is tolerable in most department.
health care
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  jackson, msJuly 28, 2015
typical day with 25 patient is very easy going. Some day can be more busy depending if the floor is already full or not. The staff is very friendly and the families.
Too few employees for the type of care needed to care for the patients
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 22, 2015
I enjoy the educational atmosphere.
More staff needed to support clinic and hospital operations.
NP's are somewhat valued depending on the department they work for.
Some things you can't unsee
Surgical Pathology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 1, 2015
As a beginning tech I was doing mostly accessioning of specimens. I learned a lot about anatomy working in the surgical pathology lab. Management was good as well as co-workers. The hardest part of the job for me was seeing products of conception and extremity amputations. I don't believe I was ready to see that kind of stuff. But the day-to-day work was great. I enjoyed working with the medical staff and doctors and surgeons. They were all great people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working with human body parts and unborn fetal specimens
The Student Union
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 26, 2015
Working at UMMC doing floor care is like a typical job you scribe to do your best to make it through out the night until the next morning its a little tiring due to you working to the next morning. I feel management could do a little better but I'm not bothered. My job has its days when it has it ups and downs but I enjoy it.
Pros
balanced schedules
Cons
short lunches and bad management
A very professional atmosphere with great teamwork and morale among both management and employees.
Patient Access Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 17, 2015
I work with a great team who not only go above and beyond to make sure the customers are satisfied but they all work together well and celebrate each other accomplishments and give support where it is needed whether it is professional or personal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Mississippi Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Mississippi Medical Center Reviews by Location