University of Mississippi Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for student work.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 25, 2016
The professors were all willing to work with graduate assistants to help them learn and improve upon their writing, research, and analytical abilities.
Good place of work
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 17, 2016
Lots of great experience here with surgeries, research, etc. The work load was greater than average. I did not like working on the weekends, but that s just my preference. Overall, it was a great place to gain experience in my field.
Great place to learn
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 17, 2016
I consider myself very fortunate for the opportunity of teaching and having the freedom to develop my own syllabi, activities and exams. I also learn a lot from my students.
Fun and Educational
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSApril 30, 2016
I went to school here and worked as a Resident Assistant there. It was pretty great and I figured what I would like to do after I graduated.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great job with great leadership
Community Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  University, MSApril 17, 2016
This job allowed me to continue my customer service education and provide a safe and welcoming atmosphere for many students. The management was great and very flexible with schedules. The job was overall very easy with little challenge or learning curves.
Ole Miss!!
COMMUNITY DESK ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSApril 4, 2016
Working as a community desk assistant was a great way to meet people and help the incoming freshmen adjust to college life. I enjoyed my co-workers and loved the fact that I was able to complete my homework assignments while working.
Great Place to Work
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 15, 2016
They are very flexible with schedules and are invested in the growth of individual employees. The size of the school also guarantees the opportunity for both horizontal and vertical movement within the organization.
good work place
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 12, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job is making sure the students are safe. It is a safe environment, and very important. Working at night can be draining but it is very relaxing and some times peaceful.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 9, 2016
I have gained a lot of skills and knowledge from working with the University of Mississippi. I worked as a Graduate Assistant, and I was involved in research, conducting classes, teaching classes, and assisting with state conferences.
A great place to work
Journalism Student (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 25, 2016
I loved working for North Central. It was a great place to work with a lot of opportunities. I learned so much here and really broadened my computer skills. My overall office work experience was increased by working here.

Want to know more about University of Mississippi?

Ask a question
University of Mississippi
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs OfficeFebruary 23, 2016
Wonderful place to work! Had the opportunity to learn from wonderful student affairs professionals in a supporting and loving environment!
Ole Miss is my alma mater so I loved working in their sports marketing department
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 19, 2016
Ole Miss has an outstanding fan base, you don't have to beg people to come to games. Instead, I was able to focus on making the atmosphere the best possible atmosphere I could. It's a beautiful campus with genuine, intelligent, and passionate people that I learned a lot from.
Great place t work
Social Work Organization President (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSFebruary 12, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at ole miss. I was able to meet the professors and students and assist both with their needs in the office. My co-workers made the job more enjoyable
Awesome workplace
Courtesy Officer (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 11, 2016
Movie Gallery when it was open, was your one stop shop for family fun. a typical day was filled with assisting customers with their Movie and Game rentals and purchases.
Pros
Great, fun work environment
Cons
Company Closing
I had had a good experience in learning some programming language and software.
TA and RA (Former Employee) –  Brevard Hall 49December 21, 2015
I was teaching assistance and researcher. And at the same time, I took graduate advanced courses to develop my knowledge in an engineering area.
Pros
Contact with students
Favorite job in college.
Co-director of Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 4, 2015
I really enjoyed this job because I helped planned activities for the whole university. We held concerts, karaoke nights, talent shows, and other events. My coworkers were fun and easy to set up meetings with. My employer guided us through everything.
Pros
Free food, clothes, and activities.
Cons
Took more time to plan for some events.
Good Job
Community Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford,MSSeptember 26, 2015
This was a very good job, that gave you the time to do anything you want while being a student. I left because of the pay at Walmart which was kind of a mistake.
Pros
Lot of availabe time
Cons
Pay rate
very good place to live
Graduate Research Assistant, Pharmaceutics (Current Employee) –  Oxford, msSeptember 24, 2015
I have got very good experiences. University provides all the all the facilities and good work atmosphere. I have learnt about transdermal/topical delivery of drugs and got experience about cell culture, protein extraction, isolation and purification.
College
Youth Camp Mentor (Former Employee) –  oxford msSeptember 9, 2015
In my five years of college I have seen and been through a lot. Being a college basketball player wasn't the easiest road but it was not the hardest. I have helped feed the poor and got the kids Christmas presents for Christmas before.
Student Organization
Latin American Student Organization (Former Employee) –  OxfordSeptember 4, 2015
Its just a work for a student organization. You don't get paid, its just something to get experience and build your professional career. The University is very nice.
Pros
Flexibility and awesome place to work

4.5