University of Mississippi Employee Reviews

great place to work
Wastewater Operator class 2 (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSApril 12, 2017
Great place to work . There are lots of ways to advance yourself. Great benefit packages. You can also go back to school for free. Great managers and staff
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not a lot of overtime
Wonderful place
Mentor/ Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vandarm hallApril 12, 2017
A really nice campus, with tons of nice people. Though some professors need to reevaluated of their experience and contribution to the school exceptionally in the physics department.
Already reviewed Ole Miss
Sports Information Intern (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSApril 4, 2017
Enjoyed my time there.. Great people.. Great food.. Great time had there.. Great internship! Learned alot! Saw some great events while there and enjoyed them very much
Fun workplace
Student Tele-counselor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 30, 2017
This was a Fun place to work and the managers and supervisors are very good with working your work hours around your class hours if you are a current student.
Great Learning Experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 18, 2017
I'm able to receive hands on experience through completing various duties such as substitute teaching, lead study sessions, assist students with assignments, tutor students, track attendance, supervise online components of class, grade assignments and tests, and assist professor with course preparation. Assisted in ‘History of Ancient Philosophy’, ‘Introduction to Logic’, and ‘Introduction to Philosophy
Great place to work!
Mississippi Teacher Fellowship Program (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 26, 2017
I have enjoyed the experience and work climate. I feel appreciated and valued as an employee. The most enjoyable part of the work experience is the opportunity to network with other professionals.
Pros
The opportunity to network with other professionals.
Cons
Friendly and productive work environment as a student
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  University, MSFebruary 1, 2017
I had the honor of receiving an assistantship based on my GMAT score and my academic achievements in undergrad, and this assistantship provides me with a significant discount for graduate school tuition as well as a $5,000 stipend in exchange for 10-12 hours working in the University of Mississippi's Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Everyone who works in this center is highly motivated, and it has been a wonderful work environment.
Easy and relaxed place to work
Graduate/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 20, 2017
Meeting with students was the highlight of my time at Ole Miss. Being in an office setting directed me towards what I truly want to do in life. Everything was very laid back and flexible around my schedule.
Great place to advance research and teaching skills
GRADUATE RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  University, MSJanuary 9, 2017
I was a graduate student and teaching assistant at the University of Mississippi. As a graduate student I spent 10h or more in lab everyday. Working as a teaching assistant was comparatively less stressful (<20h/wk), it paid relatively well and provided health insurance benefits.
Good life and work balance but low pay
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSDecember 20, 2016
Great life and work balance. The salary is low compared to other companies in the same area. The company is great since it is a huge company and opportunities are plenty.
Pros
Good life and work balance
Cons
Low pay
Great balance of student and work life.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  University, MSDecember 13, 2016
Being a student worker in several positions at the University allowed me to have several different work experiences. All these experiences were wonderful and allowed a great balance of student and work life.
I'm kinda biased
Videographer/Editor (Former Employee) –  University, MSDecember 9, 2016
Great place to work if you want to compete with some of the best in the industry. I took that for granted. You'd be working with hardworking individuals who pour everything they have into everything they do. They've won multiple Emmys and other awards. It's a mid level university in terms of size but the energy is top notch. But, I'm kinda biased because I graduated from the school and it was my first job out of college.
Pros
You'll probably win an Emmy
Cons
Still doesn't have as many resources as some schools but make the best of it.
Productive, learning, and growing.
Administrative Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Univesity, MSNovember 4, 2016
The University of Mississippi has provided me the skills and expertise to work in many multi-faceted positions. My supervisors have always provided the freedom for me to learn and grow, as I continued my educational process.
Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Fun place to work
Senior Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSSeptember 3, 2016
The University change my life. It is a great place to work. The impact that I ahd on several memebrs made my life changed as well.
Pros
Education
Cons
No cons
Excellent place to work
Graduate Teaching/ Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 29, 2016
I worked for about 2 years and is an excellent place to work at.
Beautiful campus and good research opportunities. Worked with people from different countries and diversities
Nice place, it needs to update
Instructor of Spanish (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJuly 18, 2016
Like most of the educational institutions, this university needs some update. It was fun to work there but they are old fashioned and they don't really care about the social interactions and the relations of their employees.
Pros
Small town
Cons
Not a single event for employees
excellent
Billing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 15, 2016
very knowledgeable, enjoy working with co-working, get along with managers, etc. The company as great benefits, and great customer services.
Great Place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Counseling CenterJune 20, 2016
Great place to work. Nice people as well. My supervisor was extremely nice and great to work under. However,I enjoyed my time there.
Rewarding workplace focused on teamwork
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  University, MSJune 12, 2016
Working for the Student Department of Housing at the University of Mississippi is fulfilling to say the least. Working on a team every day to build a community within your residence hall on campus was challenging and enjoyable. I have learned many valuable skills that I will carry with me all my life. While working with students and balancing your time can be frustrating, this job definitely improved my abilities in time management and communication.
Pros
Scholarships, Team work
Cons
Time consuming
Career Building Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 3, 2016
A typical day at work was motivating. The office-like atmosphere encouraged me to put my best foot forward. The customer service skills I had acquired from a previous job, equipped me with the know-how to ensure the best service possible to all students and personnel. There was an open-door policy which made me feel more confident and secure with my job. It was great working with a diverse group of individuals; the older individuals provided wisdom and those who were closer in age were supportive in advancing together. The hardest part of the job having to leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Mississippi. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5