University of Mississippi Employee Reviews

Abitlity to educate young and young at heart.
Education and Training Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 16, 2018
Work hours both set and flexible. Good benefits. Management within disciplines work well together. Learned how to facilitate webinars for distant learning.
Great peers/team members at Univ. of Mississippi Medical Center
Management (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 14, 2018
Great supervisor team! Staff not held accountable for poor job performance. Cut throat atmosphere...very few people trustworthy. HR personnel and upper level management penalizes supervisors when he/she holds staff accountable for poor job performance...prefer quantity of staff rather than Quality staff members. CEO of the healthcare institution was more focused on budget than staff.
Pros
Nurse Supervisor teams work well together
Cons
workplace culture is very antagonizing
bone marrow transplant
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 8, 2018
Nurses where very nice and helpful, At the time I worked there, needed hospital updating and bad management, very low salary for a bachelors in nursing
I love Ole Miss!
Simulation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 1, 2018
I had several different student positions, and every one of them were well-paid with excellent supervisors! Ole Miss really has a family atmosphere, and nothing beats working at a university.
Good University/Student job
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Grenada, MSJanuary 31, 2018
I really enjoyed working at the University of Mississippi, as a student it gave me unique opportunities; such as, talking one on one with some of my professors, getting to know the students better, and more time with my studies as I worked and got paid.
It is a great place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 24, 2018
Has been a great learning experience and had wonderful memories. Went to graduate school here and would recommend the university to anyone looking for a school.
Productive and positive
PhD (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 24, 2018
Good working culture
Better infrastructure with good resources
Good coordination
Received good cooperation from Mentor
Good support from fellows of different departments
Very busy and very enjoyable
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  The University of Mississippi-Oxford, MSJanuary 11, 2018
I performed assistant tasks ranging in purpose for the Department of Education at the University of Mississippi. I worked under a very helpful and kind supervisor. I learned a lot from her and really enjoyed my job as a Graduate Assistant at The University of Mississippi.
didnt work for them
Assistant to the Goal Keepers Coach (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 11, 2018
Didnt work for the University, I only helped them practice each day. A typical day the coaching staff would begin to do office work while the girls where in class, and then everyone would conviene for practice around 5-6 oclock.
Great place if you are willing to work hard.
Department of Student Housing (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 8, 2018
Love my co-workers. Had a lot of opportunity. Pay was fine for the Job. Most of the students were great. This job was good, but trying at times. Would recommend.
Student perks
STUDENT WORKER ATHLETIC GROUNDS CREW (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 8, 2018
Working for the athletic grounds crew, you get to take care of the fields and surrounding areas. Real fun. They full time workers take care of you. Go rebs
Pros
Receive athletic gear
Cons
Short hours
Good overall culture
Parking Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 6, 2018
Overall work place is good. Our department stays busy and productive. Our group is great to work with. However this is not as intense as a private company. Being a public University, certain rules apply that do not apply to the private industry. It's great to work around the students and aid them when needed.
Pros
Great benifits with time off.
Cons
Salary not great for the position.
Good student job with low pay and flexible hours.
Writing Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  University, MSJanuary 5, 2018
I worked as a lab assistant as well as a writing consultant in separate departments. At the writing center, my communication skills were well-honed, but your experience as a lab assistant depends on the professor you work with.
Pros
fulfilling work, flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Fun work environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 1, 2018
I was a teaching assistant for a field trip. I answered questions for the students about the lithology of the area we were studying. I gave insight to the students throughout the trip
School of Pharmacy an inspiring work environment
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSDecember 28, 2017
Great experience through years of closely working together with encouraging and knowledgeable mentors and co-workers at NCNPR, School of Pharmacy, University of Mississippi.
fun place
Operator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  University, MSNovember 28, 2017
Beautiful campus, fun, and easy to work for. Only left because of a better employment opportunity at the time. Hardest part of the job was shift work and mostly seated.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no breaks
Graduate Assistantship
Department of Legal Studies Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Odom HallNovember 1, 2017
My graduate assistantship required me to be a teacher's assistant and researcher. I worked twenty hours a week. Days were fairly pleasant. The job is based on salary not an hourly rate.
Pros
Stipends and Tuition Wavier
Cons
Based on salary not highly rate
A very good working environment.
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  University, MSNovember 1, 2017
Ole Miss is a very good working environment. You will have an opportunity to learn and work with a great group of people. the experience of working for a state university is very different, but also challenging at the same time. Coming from the private sector, it is much more relaxed at times, but then also stressful at other times.
Great place
HEALTH INFORMATION SERVICE TECH II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 30, 2017
Fast pace. I started as a cashier in the kitchen. I for 6 mos. promoted to Medicals Records. Opened door policy great benefit and vacations, and 410k
Pros
Room to Grow within the hospital
Cons
No Cons
Great part time job while in law school
Legal Research and Writing Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 19, 2017
This was a great part-time job while I was in law school. It allowed me flexible hours to work and to balance this with my classes and assignments in school.