University of Mississippi

University of Mississippi Employer Reviews

The university of Mississippi is a great place to work!
Work-Study (Former Employee), University, MSOctober 19, 2014
Pros: depends on your position
A typical day of work would be in a fun atmosphere. Co-workers are great. Management was helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students.
UM is a great place to work
Graduate Instructor of Spanish (Former Employee), Oxford, MSOctober 10, 2014
I highly enjoyed working at the University of Mississippi.
Great school
Leadership Experience (Intercollegiate Athletics) (Former Employee), Oxford, MSSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great school with great teachers
Cons: foreign teachers
Went to school and learned.
teachers were great and taught alot and helped you when you didnt understand
One of the worst places I've ever worked
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), various departmentsSeptember 4, 2014
I have worked as both a piano accompanist on contract, as well as a piano teacher through the now defunct Community Music School. Poor treatment, poor administration, no referrals, terrible pay, pay often not processed until end of semester. I left for better teaching/performing situations, and on my own (with the use of church facilities) began a piano – more... teaching studio which eventually reached 40 students per semester (which included a waiting list of 16 at one point), and I have continued as a piano performer with many community organizations. I have not worked on payroll with the Music Dept. since 2000, but I have worked for many years with the community oriented symphony orchestra and Shakespeare Festival (also which ended this past year), as well as in several Theater Dept. productions, but overall, have enjoyed the work I did to a great extent, but have not at all enjoyed working at the University. – less
Best of times, not-so-best-of-times
Co-Offensive Coordinator & Quarterbacks Coach (Former Employee), University, MSAugust 19, 2014
Pros: town; university setting; sec football
Cons: losing too many games
Great place to work and live. Didn't last long enough. The offense was 5th best in Mississippi history with respect to points scored
Receptionist (Current Employee), Oxford, MSJuly 30, 2014
Productive, good working environment, good people to work with, good management environment, easy place to work.
good mentor
Research Assistant (Former Employee), University, MSJuly 16, 2014
learnt a lot from mentor
team was highly motivated
coworkers very helpfull
productive research
Diverse with exceptional academics
Senior Secretary (Current Employee), Oxford, MSJuly 10, 2014
Students are top priority and helping them is great. Working for a chairman and my department is unique.
Great
Research Assistant (Current Employee), university, msJuly 9, 2014
Awesome for learning things. It was great. I thought I already reviewed this?
Innovative acoustic research
Research and Development Engineer II (Current Employee), University, MSJune 16, 2014
The job is entirely grant proposal driven. Therefore, it is essential to create ground breaking research proposals and produce highly informative results. I have very smart, effective co-workers who work well with their colleagues.
Productive and fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oxford, MSMay 19, 2014
Pros: great environment
Enjoyable environment with amazing coworkers! Typical day included answering telephones and mingling with coworkers.
UM-Tupelo Student Tech
Student Technician (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSMay 19, 2014
I had attended the school a year before applying for the job. I knew many of the other Techs and knew the Lead Distance Learning Technician. I had shown him how I was capable of learning the systems and working with others, which helped me with getting the job.

My time with UM-Tupelo was wonderful as a student and student tech. They worked well with – more... scheduling and school functions. There were many opportunities to gain more hours with event setups and office help. – less
Fun workplace for a college student
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Oxford, MSMay 12, 2014
Pros: free time to study
Cons: late night work schedules
I was responsible for the maintenance and operations of computer labs. We assist lab users with computer-related issues such as trouble-shooting software and equipment problems, and using other lab equipment. Was able to ensure great work/school balance by being able to study at the computer lab.
Progressive university focused on preparing students
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMay 11, 2014
It is a University that focuses on creating lifelong learners.
A typical day at work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 9, 2014
Pros: school breaks
Cons: monthly pay
Very busy, fast paced work environment. You must have a love for higher education and enjoy people.
My time with this company was great.
Facilitator/Student Worker (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 21, 2014
The management staff was great here. Since this was my first job, it allowed my to grow as a worker and hone my skills. The job security was great.
Energetic and comfortable environment to work.
ASSISTANT COOK (Former Employee), Oxford, MSFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch to the employees
I would come into work to a fun environment with friendly coworkers. The managment was respectful of the employees and valued the employees work etic. The hardest part of the job was preparing the number of meals needed to serve the students. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it allowed the opportunity to met new people.
Productive work place, fun people to work around
Supply Chain Supervisor (Current Employee), Oxford, MSFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: paid holidays off
Cons: pay
A typical day goes by pretty fast, when there is constant work to do. Management does not micro-manage, they pretty much let day to day operations run smoothly. I have learned a lot in running daily operations here at the University of Mississippi. It will definitely help me in the next step in furthering my career. There will is nothing difficult about – more... the job other than the compensation. The people are awesome to work around. – less
A good small town and warm and friendly colleagues
Director, Application Development & Integration (Current Employee), University of MississippiFebruary 5, 2014
The University is situated in a wonderful small town, which has a great selection of restaurants and things to do. We are a small team in the IT shop on campus that have the opportunity of working with a variety of technology on several challenging projects.

The University is one of a few Schools in North America that carries out its business with – more... several of SAP's ERP modules. This distinction has allowed The Univeristy to be agile and innovate and be responsive to the needs of its constituents in a timely fashion. – less
summer job
Concessions & Sales representative (Former Employee), oxford mississippiJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free football games
Summer time job. Got a chance to work with my friends and got
to see a lot of ole miss football games.

1 2 3