University of Mississippi Employee Reviews

Favorite job in college.
Co-director of Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 4, 2015
I really enjoyed this job because I helped planned activities for the whole university. We held concerts, karaoke nights, talent shows, and other events. My coworkers were fun and easy to set up meetings with. My employer guided us through everything.
Pros
Free food, clothes, and activities.
Cons
Took more time to plan for some events.
Good Job
Community Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford,MSSeptember 26, 2015
This was a very good job, that gave you the time to do anything you want while being a student. I left because of the pay at Walmart which was kind of a mistake.
Pros
Lot of availabe time
Cons
Pay rate
very good place to live
Graduate Research Assistant, Pharmaceutics (Current Employee) –  Oxford, msSeptember 24, 2015
I have got very good experiences. University provides all the all the facilities and good work atmosphere. I have learnt about transdermal/topical delivery of drugs and got experience about cell culture, protein extraction, isolation and purification.
College
Youth Camp Mentor (Former Employee) –  oxford msSeptember 9, 2015
In my five years of college I have seen and been through a lot. Being a college basketball player wasn't the easiest road but it was not the hardest. I have helped feed the poor and got the kids Christmas presents for Christmas before.
Student Organization
Latin American Student Organization (Former Employee) –  OxfordSeptember 4, 2015
Its just a work for a student organization. You don't get paid, its just something to get experience and build your professional career. The University is very nice.
Pros
Flexibility and awesome place to work
Cons
Provides on going education for their employess
Family Literacy Project Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 19, 2015
I loved working for the University. I worked off campus as a literary tutor. My duties consisted of assisting teachers teach 6-8th grade students math and reading.
The desk job
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  University, MSJuly 25, 2015
I enjoyed my time here. Since it is a college, you are able to meet new people almost everyday. My co-workers were friendly. There were times when visitors or callers would be unnecessarily rude, but I still smiled and assisted them.
very fun!
Night Staff Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ole MissJuly 20, 2015
I love Ole Miss! I would love to work there again! Very fun environment. It was a great experience! I learned alot from coworkers and upper management. It prepped me for the real world.
Pros
Everything!
Easy job for Imaging Arts majors
Epson Printer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJuly 1, 2015
It's a student job that pays $10 an hour to wait until someone needs to print something which is pretty sweet deal. But I only got to work 20 hours a week which meant I had to get a second and third job while going to school and I wasn't guaranteed a job the next semester because "she didn't want to pay someone when she could ask someone to work for her for free." I.e. the grad students who had to use the lab anyway.
Pros
Free use of equipment
Cons
No job security
Fun place and productive
Student Worker for Outreach Operations (Current Employee) –  Oxford,MSJune 30, 2015
Co-workers are fun to be around, loving enviornent, great supervisor, typical day involved delvering mail, assisting with academic anfd non-academic events, the hardest part of the jiob was checking for expired drinks, the most enjoyable part of the job was eating free luch
Pros
free lunches and tshirts
Productive and safe place to work
Ph.D. Candidate in Pharmaceutical Science (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 25, 2015
I enjoyed working in University of Mississippi. I joint School of Pharmacy at University of Mississippi and worked internally as research associate, teaching assistant and instructor in Hands on Tablet Course (pre-formulation lab). My lab skills well developed and expanded more to the pharmaceutical formulation and drug delivery.
It was a oppurtunity for me to learn more on electronics and allowed me to interact with different people
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 16, 2015
This job was very organized, and convenient, due to me able to work in between classes and also learn and progress my technical skills. I was able to sit in and learn material that did not relate to my major or minor while in college.
Quiet and Productive
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  University, MSJune 4, 2015
Most of the time the office is fairly quiet. One can get a lot of work done in this environment. My co-workers are very friendly and we all get along fine. The hardest part of the job is finding something to do on slow days, for example: the summer time when students are not in school. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new faces everyday and the amazing opportunities we come in contact with.
Great place to work for motivated individuals
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 2, 2015
The benefits were awesome, and my co-workers were essentially my friends. Teaching as a graduate assistant with no prior experience was kind of a sink-or-swim experience, and although big-picture guidance was given, it would have been nice to have had some more specific instruction. However, if you have prior experience, this would not be a problem.
A great environment to work in.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 2, 2015
I enjoyed my work. The professor I worked for was kind and reasonable. He trusted me to get the work done on time but gave instruction when requested.
Productive work study job which allowed me to work with children in need.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 29, 2015
A typical day would include me doing one on one reading with students followed by letting them read back to me. I made copies for the teacher that I worked under and also helped with lessons whenever she needed my help. I learned to work with children and to appreciate the leaders of tomorrow! I worked with a third grade teacher whom I grew to love, the work environment could't have been better. The hardest part would have to be leaving the children for the summer.
Pros
Flexible hours, met great people and contacts
Cons
Some children are a little harder to get to listen than others.
good school of pharmacy
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  jacksonMay 11, 2015
good environment. good school of pharmacy. Made life long friends.
needs more effort in recruiting minority populations.
Helping students, faculty, and parents
IT Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 11, 2015
I was a student worker at the IT helpdesk on campus. We had a ticket system which would have jobs like setting up computers, internet issues, or virus scans. We also answered phones and had a desk where people could bring their computers in. Co-workers were students for the most part, but we did have some full time workers. All are exceptionally nice and helpful. Favorite part was the location and co-workers.
Pros
co-workers
Productive and Engaging
Student Chemist (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 8, 2015
I love this place, this is wonderful place to work and live. The University of Mississippi is a place that the entry level chemist can grow and mature.
Sociology Instructor Review
Sociology Instructor (Current Employee) –  University, MSApril 17, 2015
My typical day in teaching sociology would entail less emphasis on lecturing and more participation in class room discussions. One of the main points I have students achieve is having the ability to challenge the ethnocentric values in order to see the world as a diverse cultural mosaic instead of a melting pot. Overcoming this problem alone opens up minds in order to better relate with theorists who set the groundwork for understanding societies.
Pros
Foods, Multimedia presentations
Cons
NA

4.4