University of Missouri Kansas City Employee Reviews

Pharm 7302, Pharmaceutics Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2017
working at UMKC is good but for a graduate student it is not the best place. Graduate Students are underpaid for the amount of hours they give to research in their respective lab setting.
Pros
i will get a degree
Cons
many, can't list all here
Attained so much of Knowledge
Student Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2017
I am here joined in University of Missouri Kansas City as a Assistant for the students, in order to evaluate their grades and their projects. A typical work day at UMKC is stress free and we a lot enjoyed with different students. The work place culture was so cool at UMKC.
Fun enviroment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2017
TYpically it consist of teaching student and grading papers, but getting to know the patients can be very fun.

Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the prodigy's.
Pros
friendship
Cons
no breaks
Good Work Culture
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2017
The work culture would be very good. It would be research oriented and competitive. At the same time the work life balance will also be taken into consideration.
Best job
Student assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2017
I need to provide students with required technical assistance . Troubleshooting basic problems with computer equipment is one of my duties.A perfect schedule is maintained throughout the semester for all the assistants working.
I learnt being responsible.I learnt how to manage time in an efficient way.
Good
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 28, 2017
It was a great place to work with. You get a good oppurtunity to learn more about your work anda what you are expected to do.
Great University
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 26, 2017
Better place to learn and work.
Flexible hours.
Fun environment.
work culture is awesome.
Management is good. Great team leading and good projects to work.
Supriseing and enjoyable
Graduate Assistance Coach (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Interested and a great place to work if you enjoy traveling
long work days meet people from all over the world. Really enjoying to work for this company because of the opportunity to visit different countries.
Where People go places
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 16, 2016
A university in a best town possible, Kansas City. Specially, department of pharmaceutical sciences is one of the best in the whole university. I am really fortunate to be in such surrounding. My boss is very goal oriented and motivates us to attain goals on time and with finesse.
Nice Experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2016
Good atmosphere with good opportunities to learn many things. External lecturers come for giving seminars and whether you are part of department or not they allow everyone to attend and have opportunity to gain knowledge and actively participate in seminar.
Pros
External lecturer seminars
Cons
not at all

Want to know more about University of Missouri Kansas City?

Ask a question
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 29, 2016
It was good working with umkc sce. It has good work life balance and environment. strongly recommend for anyone who is interested.
Athletic Department
Assistant Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2016
Administration is unqualified and does not know what it is like to be a coach. Therefore they have unrealistic expectations and do not assist the coaches to have the tools required to succeed. Also afraid to have hard conversations and try to push people out instead of developing them through constructive criticism.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2016
Good place to work i just work here part time but I heard full time software development positions are even good and satisfying.
Pros
Lots to learn.
Good and Effective
Teaching Assistant - Senior Design Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 18, 2015
The school of Computing and Engineering has more jobs than it has students." I hope to get a job soon. I believe all the other student feels the same. It's environment is amazing and very friendly. I believe there are many international student who are really good while communicating. It has a very good atmosphere.
Exciting and challenging work environment
Student Manager of Men's Basketball Team (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2015
As a student manager is there is no typical day and responsibilities are continuously in flux. As a student manager you learn time management, filming and video editing skills, coordination between other staff members, event coordination and catering. The hardest part is not knowing where your next challenge will arise. The most enjoyable part is you are always moving.
Pros
Everyday is different new challenge, lots of exercise
Cons
Always on call
Easy work
Volunteer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 24, 2015
Nice and smooth process. Simple and easy work. Great opportunity for students to improve their skills. Its little difficult to get job.
Pros
Na
Cons
Hard to get job
Getting PhD
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2014
It is a good school where you can manage both your work life and home life.
It also compensates well, provides enough for graduate research assistant to survive in the city.
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 16, 2013
I was extremely fortunate to have my mentor at UMKC.
My work here was very rewarding.
productive and fun place to work
custodian (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 6, 2013
follow assignment as prescribed.
maintain building in a clean and orderly manor.
attend to building attendants. and provide support where needed.
be visible to all customers at all time.
fulfill customer requirements in terms of building supplies.
Pros
friendly atmosphere.
Productive Freindly Work Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2013
I worked at the cashier and stalked books back in shelves. I have learned good communication skills. Co-workers was always friendly, helping whenever I needed help. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people, I am a very friendly person.