University of Missouri Employee Reviews

Events
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 8, 2017
It can be fun at times but management don't see the whole picture and takes the employee that told them something words over investigating the situation
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not treated fairly
Ready for a change
Associate Professor (teaching) of Nursing (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2017
Have worked at UMSL for 20 years. Loved my time there but ready for a change. Financial situation at University of MO system in flux, no raise for at least 5 years.
Pros
Love the students!
Cons
Budget contraints
Student managers were amazing!
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 5, 2017
It was an amazing place to work because of the people. After new management things started to change for the worse and cause a disruption for student managers whom previously worked there 2+ years. Now it is better though
Productive and fun environment.
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 2, 2017
I learned a lot working summers at the University. It was a fun learning environment, and the staff was very helpful in assisting student workers every summer.
Computer Science NSF Grant
Graduate Researcher Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 28, 2017
I got a full-ride into their masters program upon completion I definitely recommend to anyone interested to apply and do their best to make everyone happy.
Bureaucratic Nightmare
System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 26, 2017
Workload is never the same each day, realistic projects discussed, but never sought out.
If you have experience and input on projects or ideas, they'll listen but never do what you suggest.
Huge lacking workplace culture. Everyone has a great personality, but when it comes to mutual respect, it's thrown out the window.
Hardest part of the job right now is a lack of directive.
Best part is working with a wide variety of tools and technology.
Pros
75% off tuition
Cons
No time, or motivation for additional schooling
Graduate student
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 24, 2017
As a graduate student, I depended on my graduate adviser to lead and provide a good working environment. I was very lucky in that my adviser was a great mentor and provide me a good example of what a manager should be.
A lot of interaction with parking patrons that involved conflict resolution
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 23, 2017
Started work at 7:30am most days and went to classes throughout the day as well. I learned how to handle resolve conflict on my own, and communicate with management to make a more efficient enforcing process.
Good Employee to Work for
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 18, 2017
Teaching undergraduate students, answering questions, holding office hours and having exams. Learned a lot from the job and made some new friends. The department of Economics has some good professors and secretaries who are very helpful when you need suggestions. I like the environment and the people here at Columbia.
Hostle Inviroment
Office Support III (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 14, 2017
Due to Budget Cuts position was done away with and therefore laid off. I loved what I did and the people that I worked with, however, at this time I am not comfortable taking another position.
Pros
Cons
Not very stable at this time.
University's Future is Unclear
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 14, 2017
As with the recent news I'm sure you've all seen... the Universities future is at stake. I went to school there, got 3 degrees, and have watched campus all but dissapate. My Department was great, as well as my Mentor was probably one of the most influential people in my life. However, there are no jobs here, and there is definitely no security. If you are seeking a position at the University, be prepared for a long contract process with a lot of uncertainty. They offered to renew my Adjunct teaching contract at a 60 % pay decrease, despite having the highest reviews in the Department.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Contract lengths / pay
Great Place, Great People
Research Associate, Advanced Carbon Materials (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 13, 2017
Very good midwestern university with affordable housing in the region. Very diverse campus with many opportunities to cross areas of studies for research.
Always more research to do
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 29, 2017
Great place to research, people are friendly and always willing to help. If you show an interest in a subject and want to pursue a research position then you will find them.
Fun place to work!
Football Tour Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 26, 2017
Worked only home games so, had to make sure you were available. Management was not super organized with the schedule so there was a lot of assumption. Great to be on the field for games.
Great place to work while in college
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 24, 2017
Great place to work while in college. Pays well for experience, but the greatest opportunity is in gaining experience within the field you wish to work.
Productive and very good atmosphere
Cook Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lander, WYJune 19, 2017
Always loved the staff we worked with very good workers. Very good salary and hours. Good at training and providing you with what you need. Always good place to work.
Great for students!
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 17, 2017
Working for Mizzou is a great option for students. The managers are super understanding when creating schedules. They take finals week and breaks into considerations.
Pros
On Campus, Flexible
Cons
Minimum Growth
Excellent learning and teaching experience.
Senior Small Animal Health Technician/Surgery (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 15, 2017
University of MO-Vet Med Teaching Hospital- Small animal surgery.
Fantastic staff and faculty. Often overworked due to lack of staff but that was fixed. Head of surgery allowed me to take the position to an entirely different level and had complete trust in my abilities.
Graduate education: best place
Graduate Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 11, 2017
Excellent place for education and research. Meeting with intelligent minds to discuss research and development in various fields of engineering and science.
Okay
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 10, 2017
Good start point for a career in academia. The research organization at the university of Missouri-st Louis may be one of the most underrated. The level of instrumentation, infrastructure and people was impressive and very helpful.
Pros
Good instrumentation
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Missouri. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3