University of Missouri

University of Missouri Employee Reviews

Working their was ok,
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Columbia, MOMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good insurance
Cons: Long hour on your feet
Maintained mainframe, monitored for system error. Printed documents for all campus, payroll, w-2, grades, transcripts and letters. Use of several different equipment. Back up for Help desk.
Great place to work, depending on department
Administrative Associate II/Office Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2015
Pros: a learning environment
Every day was an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the students that you came into contact with and the community.
very follow the book of rules with little flexibility
Coordinator, University Events (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2015
very follow the book of rules with little flexibility

standards vary instead of being the same

some department heads need to be removed but management can't see that
Review Summary
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, MOApril 8, 2015
Send TOCs, ROI, other various tasks
I have learned a great deal of different workflows that occur in HIM
The hardest part of my job is having working technology
The most enjoyable is getting to work with others and learn new things in healthcare
Supervisor experience with great co-workers
Missouri Unions Building Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MOMarch 28, 2015
I was responsible for supervising student employees at the Missouri Student Unions Buildings. This consisted of ensuring that event preparation was completed on time and that all of the customer's requests were being fulfilled. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a very friendly environment with great co-workers. From this job I was able to find a balance between being friends with those that I work with and maintaining authority as a supervisor.
Great opportunity to learn new skills and reinforce skills
Intern Bradford Farms Research Center (Former Employee), Columbia, MOMarch 10, 2015
Everyone that i encountered while interning at MU Bradford farms had a passion about conservation and increasing wildlife habitat. The research that i was task with was interesting and fun.
they are very good at making sure everyone is on the same team
HR Associate (Current Employee), JacksonMarch 3, 2015
they are really great at making sure everyone is on the same page. They have great training i enjoyed working for them very much
Busy but not incredibly involved
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2015
A fairly easy job with leniency in hours for student workers. Calling in half an hour before my shift was not frowned upon, long as I let them know.
Fun, fast paced sports production
Production Crew Member (Current Employee), Columbia, MOFebruary 16, 2015
Sports production is almost like a sporting event itself. It's fast, fun, and can change pace in a moments notice which keeps you on your toes.
Okay to work for until they closed the doors.
Building Trades Specialist-Carpenter (Former Employee), Mount Vernon - MissouriFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: decent wages and benefits for area.
Cons: open door, closed mind management style (in some depts.)., no avenue for resolution for employees with management issues., they closed the doors to the facility and laid everyone off., favoritism.
This was a good job with good benefits, but the communication between the management of this facility and the main campus must not have been good because no one new about the closing until the last minute and it was understood by most employees for a long time that the University of Missouri did not want to invest enough in the facility to keep it up and running.
Very good place to work
Operations Support Tech II (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 3, 2015
I have learned how to be more efficient at working with computers on a daily basis; how to provide great customer service plus I have great people to work with. I work under the Chemistry Department chairperson and she does a great job as my supervisor and for the Chemistry Department. The hardest part of the job is sometimes a few of the customers that we serve are harder please than others. A typical day at work consisted of ordering supplies and chemicals for the chemistry department plus reconciling the purchases that we made such as the correct amounts charged.
All in all, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers get exactly what they needed.
Typical university
Curator (Former Employee), Columbia, MOFebruary 2, 2015
It has been a very long time since I've worked there, but it was not a good work environment at all. Lots of hostility between staff and faculty and petty power plays. This may just be the nature of a university.
productive
Maintenances Mechanic at Athlete Tender (Current Employee), columbia moJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: nice group to work with
Cons: short break
Management was easy to work with and would assist staff as needed
Productive Laboratories
Graduate Student (Current Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great facilities
Cons: demanding
One develops in-depth knowledge of molecular biology. Experiments are conducted in a professional manner. The working environment is great for graduate students and young professionals. The hardest part of the job is to be able to interpret huge amount of information and performing the proper data analysis. The negative part of being a graduate student is off course the pay.
We are all jumping ship here? I want to leave the US.
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: i love having a doctor there all around the clock.
Cons: the young drs are afraid to order anything-even tylenol
It is so disorganized its ridiculous. But I love my coworkers. What can I say. It's a teaching hospital. I was used to private hospital. Its like apples and oranges.. How does one compare the two?
Friendly and productive place
Work study -Electronic maintenance (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: excellent learning environment
Biology Department - University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC), MO
- Gained experience and knowledge in research and publishing.
- Maintenance expensive equipment
- Worked with clients to analyze computing and network needs and installed appropriate software and applications within each organization’s budget

Co-workers are very friendly and supportive.
Great office morale and team work. Loved going to work.
Senior Event Assistant/Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: grant funded position and the grant didn't get renewed.
Great work family. Crossed trained in a variey of areas. No micro managing. hardest part was to keep the Director and Faculty/trainers on a strict time line for getting materials and such to me for trainings. Flexibilty and peaceful work environment.
decent pay/ good benefits
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee), Columbia, MODecember 17, 2014
good place to work but takes a while to get a job, great benefits are worth the wait.
On call position
Events Staff (Former Employee), Columbia, MODecember 14, 2014
Pros: nice group to work with
Cons: not steady
Was on call for events at major university staffing company. Called in to assist with set up, service and clean up after large events. Did general cleaning duties when no special events were scheduled.
Management was easy to work with and would assist staff as needed
School
UA Minority Student Recruitment Team (Current Employee), RecruiterDecember 7, 2014
Pros: very challenging
Cons: big class size
I normally would go to class and complete assignments. I have class sizes that range from 100-350 students.

1 2 3 4 5

Education Specialist
$3,000 per month
$41,500 per year

University of Missouri Photos

Jesse hall through the columns
University of Missouri