University of Montana Employer Reviews

Fun and Educational Environment
Student (Current Employee), Missoula, MTJanuary 21, 2015
Its a pretty good school, has a good environment and teachers.
Student Custodian (Former Employee), Missoula, MTMay 1, 2014
Pros: worked individually
Cons: worked late at night
It was a good job that was lots of work. Did a lot of cleaning and sweeping and mopping. It was a laid back job that was nice and quiet.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Student Teacher (Former Employee), Missoula, MTApril 23, 2014
Presented lab lectures and assisted students with hands-on lab exercises. Excellent learning environment. Great co-workers.
Good
Student (Former Employee), MissoulaApril 7, 2014
Good experience. It was a year abroad focusing on field based Geology.
One of the most rewarding jobs I have had.
State Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Missoula, MTMarch 19, 2014
Pros: state job with good benefits
Cons: general politics
This job was one of my favorites because the supervisor treated his people with respect and knew how to generate confidence in the employees. Everyone was cross-trained which allowed anyone in the office to do all positions. I was responsible for general office duties, such as filing and phones, as well as state purchasing duties requiring training in the state rules and regulations of purchasing. The people were great to work with and the rate of pay and benefits were good.
Graveyard cleaning a public building
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee), Missoula, MTFebruary 4, 2014
I went to work at 10p and got off at 6:30a. I cleaned a pulic build associated with a university.
Very busy workplace early in the morning
Printing and Graphic Services Worker (Former Employee), University of MontanaJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: nice workplace, worked by myself for a large portion of the time
Cons: really early in the morning
I would arrive at work around 6:55AM Tues.-Thurs. and grab a couple hundred Kaimin Newspapers and drive around Missoula dropping them at the various businesses that had subscriptions. This part of the Job would take me three hours and would take me all around Missoula. I would see and talk to the same people that I dropped the newspapers off to each day. Around 10:00AM I would finish my route and return to the Printing and Graphics building where I would clean up the shop (garbage, sweeping, etc.) until 11:00AM. At 11 I would leave the shop and go to my first college class of the day.
Meticulous, detail oriented, not physical enough
Research technician (Former Employee), Missoula, MontanaJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, friendly people, interesting study
Cons: minimum wage, not physical
Great opportunity to be part of a research team, but I realized it wasn't the kind of work for me. My job was to watch videos of a bird's nest and record any activity such as feeding, guarding, and intruders. I want a job where I am up and active, rather than sitting and staring at a screen all day. I learned about various behaviors of birds such as guarding the nest from predators. The employees were for the most part very friendly The hardest part of the job was watching videos that were very poor quality and not missing activity. The most enjoyable part was when something very odd happened like a squirrel eating the babies out of the nest.
Researcher (Former Employee), Missoula, MTOctober 28, 2013
Collected data from wildlife researchers entered the statistical data into the database to reference back.
Great people to work with
Student Intern (Former Employee), MIssoula, MTOctober 22, 2013
This was an internship of mine. Everyone I worked with was so helpful and informative!
Productive stepping stone
Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Missoula, MTSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, co-workers
Cons: low wages
The University of Montana has provided me with the skills needed to advance my degree into the work force. I was fortunate enough to be involved in volunteer and work organizations applicable to my area of study and personal values. Working at Campus Recreation helped to form me into the woman I am today. It gave students the opportunity for managerial positions and increased responsibilities to prepare us for life beyond college. It is a cohesive work environment in which students are given the chance to work as a functional team alongside driven, like-minded individuals. I will always be thankful for my time at Campus Recreation.
It was a professional working environment that had it's own identity and style.
Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Missoula, MTAugust 13, 2013
I truly enjoyed my time at the University of Montana. Sometimes there were some errors in communication between departments but that always happens. The staff was friendly and the administrators were professional but personable. I was able to learn a great deal through training as well as examples but I was also given quite a bit of freedom to discover how to get things done one way or another.
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Montana, VSAugust 9, 2013
The best place to work in Missoula. Jobs offer amazing benefits and perks.
Great opportunity to get into a lecture hall and see what goes into teaching a college class.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Missoula, MTDecember 6, 2012
Pros: working with students.
Cons: make-up tests and assignments with students.
A typical day involved either planning or conducting class sessions, or grading and administering tests to students independently.I learn what it would be like to be a lecturer or instructor to such a diverse group of students with a broad range of needs. I mainly worked with the professor to plan lectures and class activites and what was challenging for us was to select what course content we could best cover in what seemed like a very short semester. I'm glad I was able to be a teaching assistant at the University of Montana. The Anthropology department was wonderful to be a part of.
Easy and new
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Missoula, MTOctober 23, 2012
I loved filing and working with computers and being trained
Work study job.
Student Manager/Technology Center (Former Employee), Dillon, MTAugust 22, 2012
This was a work study job on college, but was probably the funnest job I ever had. I worked in the Athletic Equipment Center. We maintained the fields, courts, and equipment for the student athletes.
Friendly people to work with, provided good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Missoula, MTMay 3, 2012
Pros: great people, enjoyed working, good pay.
Cons: none.
Great place to work, wonderful people. Work was engaging and well organized. I assisted in animal surgeries, and laboratory experiments, and organized the Laboratory.
Great learning environment
Study Abroad Assistant (Former Employee), Missoula, MTMay 2, 2012
A great learning environment in montana. A truly wonderful experience and an honor to be an alumni of the University of Montana.
Productive Workplace with many opportunites
IT Supervisor (Current Employee), Missoula, MTMarch 7, 2012
A fantastic workplace that acts as a stepping stone company to push out new and talented young people.