University of Montevallo Employee Reviews in United States

It was a fun place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALJanuary 1, 2016
I loved Montevallo mostly while working within different departments I did secretarial work. I would answer phones, make files, and help students. I learned a great deal and will miss it.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
The pay.
Great People Great Staff
Student Health Services, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  montevallo alabamaSeptember 17, 2015
Showing up on time greeted by smiling faces and a friendly professional atmosphere. Managers are understanding and reliable. The hardest part of the job is being able to handle upset customers an clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie among staff.
Good place to work.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALMay 17, 2014
The university is a good place to work. Small university feels like family and has good benefits.
Pros
tuition/fees waived for employees and dependents.
Very enjoyable
College of Fine Arts Intern (Former Employee) –  MontevalloAugust 3, 2015
Wonderful staff and co-workers. Great sales and customer service training. There were incentives in place for a job well done
Very productive and real friendly Environment
Graduate Assistant Part-time (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALAugust 26, 2013
A typical day would include me checking the work email at the work station. I ve learned to file and document any prospective or current student files on our database. Also send or email orientation letters for perspective graduate students. The hardest part of the job is to answer phone calls, while either checking an email or scanning a document. The management is great! being that I m the only graduate assistant I answer to my program manager and Program director. The most enjoyable part of the job has to include my staff. Even though we consisted of six people total, we held the highest moral value and standards. We were more like family instead of co-workers.
Very productive and Necessary
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Montevallo, ALJune 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Federal government, my time spent working at the embassies I was fortunate to be a part of was very fulfilling. I looked forward to going to work each and everyday.
Very slow pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Univ. of Montevallo (UM)September 21, 2014
Living in Montevallo just wasn't fun for me.Hhowever, this particular job was primarily focuses on helping disabled children with everything tasks related to study and test materials. Also this work helped me get experience in policy and disability services.
Pros
easy tasks, no leader to micro-manage
Cons
no room for advancement--workstudy position.
Wholesome and filled with opportunity
Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALDecember 7, 2012
The Harbert Writing Center at the University of Montevallo not only put me in charge of myself as a tutor, but gave me the opportunity to boost my resume with a presentation on the concept of Minimalist Tutoring at the Southeastern Writing Centers Conference where I was able to speak to both students and professors from all over the Southeast US. Students from every department would come to us for strong peer review sessions and we had personalized one-on-one time with each student to work on every facet of the paper-writing process. This job will always make me feel motivated, happy, and proud.
Great experiences for a student worker position.
Photo Lab Photographer (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALMarch 20, 2012
It was a great experience to work for the University as a Student worker. My particular office required I do more work than a typical student worker position, because of that I met lots of great people abd became very involved with my work as well as other ongoings with the school.
Pros
great experience
Cons
low pay bc of student worker rates
Best work a student could get while in school
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALSeptember 22, 2014
As a student, this is on of the best job. Purely based on being able to study and get paid while doing it.
Intellectual and diverse place to work
Instructor - Criminology (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALApril 13, 2012
My time at the University of Montevallo, both as a student and as a teacher, was amazing. They are some of the most intelligent and diverse people I have ever had the opportunity to get to know. I loved working there, and I am very proud that they allowed me to give something back to that incredible school.
Good place to work a student
Central Receiving (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALDecember 17, 2012
this is a student worker job provide by the university which works are your class schedule.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
high employee turnover rate
Wonderful atmosphere
Postal Carrier (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALDecember 23, 2013
Delivered packages throughout the campus and had a blast doing it. I enjoyed working along side great people who always lent me a helping hand when needed.
Pros
always something to do.
Cons
low pay
excellent student worker job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALSeptember 21, 2012
Very relaxing and high paced job all at the same time
Summers are very slow but beginning of the year and end of semesters can get a little hectic
productive and fun environment with a great school mission
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  montevallo,alAugust 29, 2013
surrounded by intelligent and bright enthusiastic people

4.5