University of Montevallo

University of Montevallo Employer Reviews

Wonderful atmosphere
Postal Carrier (Former Employee), Montevallo, ALDecember 23, 2013
Pros: always something to do.
Cons: low pay
Delivered packages throughout the campus and had a blast doing it. I enjoyed working along side great people who always lent me a helping hand when needed.
productive and fun environment with a great school mission
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), montevallo,alAugust 29, 2013
surrounded by intelligent and bright enthusiastic people
Very productive and real friendly Environment
Graduate Assistant Part-time (Former Employee), Montevallo, ALAugust 26, 2013
A typical day would include me checking the work email at the work station. I ve learned to file and document any prospective or current student files on our database. Also send or email orientation letters for perspective graduate students. The hardest part of the job is to answer phone calls, while either checking an email or scanning a document. – more... The management is great! being that I m the only graduate assistant I answer to my program manager and Program director. The most enjoyable part of the job has to include my staff. Even though we consisted of six people total, we held the highest moral value and standards. We were more like family instead of co-workers. – less
Good place to work a student
Central Receiving (Former Employee), Montevallo, ALDecember 17, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: high employee turnover rate
this is a student worker job provide by the university which works are your class schedule.
Wholesome and filled with opportunity
Writing Consultant (Former Employee), Montevallo, ALDecember 7, 2012
The Harbert Writing Center at the University of Montevallo not only put me in charge of myself as a tutor, but gave me the opportunity to boost my resume with a presentation on the concept of Minimalist Tutoring at the Southeastern Writing Centers Conference where I was able to speak to both students and professors from all over the Southeast US. Students – more... from every department would come to us for strong peer review sessions and we had personalized one-on-one time with each student to work on every facet of the paper-writing process. This job will always make me feel motivated, happy, and proud. – less
excellent student worker job
Student Worker (Former Employee), Montevallo, ALSeptember 21, 2012
Very relaxing and high paced job all at the same time
Summers are very slow but beginning of the year and end of semesters can get a little hectic
Intellectual and diverse place to work
Instructor - Criminology (Former Employee), Montevallo, ALApril 13, 2012
My time at the University of Montevallo, both as a student and as a teacher, was amazing. They are some of the most intelligent and diverse people I have ever had the opportunity to get to know. I loved working there, and I am very proud that they allowed me to give something back to that incredible school.
Great experiences for a student worker position.
Photo Lab Photographer (Former Employee), Montevallo, ALMarch 20, 2012
Pros: great experience
Cons: low pay bc of student worker rates
It was a great experience to work for the University as a Student worker. My particular office required I do more work than a typical student worker position, because of that I met lots of great people abd became very involved with my work as well as other ongoings with the school.