University of Montevallo Employee Reviews

Great internship experience
Service Learning Intern (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALOctober 22, 2017
I loved being back at my alma mater to complete half of my graduate practicum hours! I learned more about social media planning and implementation and community engagement in this specific department.
Enjoying and fullfuling
President of Astronomy Club (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALAugust 24, 2017
Working at Montevallo as a student is wonderful. The jobs to choose from are very wide and can be anything from tutoring to gardening. The manager's are willing to work with your school schedule and allow you to adapt.
Good Part Time Job
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Physical Plant WarehouseJuly 30, 2017
I was a part time employee so I cannot speak for the full time employees, but working as a student was convenient. Pay was fair and your work load can change depending on your job. Also builds experience for possibly getting a job with the university after graduation.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Opportunity to teach a wide vtrariety of courses
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALJuly 24, 2017
At the University of Montevallo, I had the opportunity to develop and teach courses in communication studies, business communication, and theatre. Additionally, I published a workbook used in all Communication Studies 101 courses.
Amazing University to Teach for
University Instructor (Current Employee) –  Montevallo, ALJuly 5, 2017
The University of Montevallo is a four-year public university located in Montevallo, Alabama, United States. Founded in 1896, it is Alabama's only public liberal arts college and a member of the prestigious Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges. The University of Montevallo continues to receive accolades through the rankings of "America’s Best Colleges", published by U.S. News & World Report.
Summary
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed my 5 years there and met some great friends. Typical small town job though, some things will never change, even if it would make the university a better place.
University of Montevallo is an incredibly beautiful campus with welcoming staff and faculty
Full-time Temporary Biology/Ecology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALMarch 1, 2017
University of Montevallo is an incredibly campus. The campus has a welcoming staff. The faculty is very helpful. Also, the faculty has faculty social events that encourages building realtionships.
Fun workplace
Sports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MontevalloFebruary 21, 2017
I encourage the student body to participate and attend home sports events. I work at most of the home games helping people with an app, which I am an administrator of. I also do office hours where I develop the app and give out prizes. The workplace culture is very relaxed and full of energy. The management is organized and has everything in place. I enjoy interacting with all kinds of people and just being involved with the sporting event as a whole.
Learning Enrichment Center
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALJanuary 22, 2017
The University of Montevallo is a wonderful college to both attend and work for. The faculty works consistently to support you in both academic and professional endeavors. I tutored in the Carmichael Library's Learning Enrichment Center for several months, and I have nothing but positive things to say.
Great learning experience
Student Producer/Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALJuly 18, 2016
I worked here as a student and learned a lot. They are great about letting the students take the lead, which inspires confidence and lets them learn everything they need to learn.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
It was a fun place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALJanuary 1, 2016
I loved Montevallo mostly while working within different departments I did secretarial work. I would answer phones, make files, and help students. I learned a great deal and will miss it.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
The pay.
Great People Great Staff
Student Health Services, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  montevallo alabamaSeptember 17, 2015
Showing up on time greeted by smiling faces and a friendly professional atmosphere. Managers are understanding and reliable. The hardest part of the job is being able to handle upset customers an clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie among staff.
Very enjoyable
College of Fine Arts Intern (Former Employee) –  MontevalloAugust 3, 2015
Wonderful staff and co-workers. Great sales and customer service training. There were incentives in place for a job well done
Very productive and Necessary
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Montevallo, ALJune 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Federal government, my time spent working at the embassies I was fortunate to be a part of was very fulfilling. I looked forward to going to work each and everyday.
Best work a student could get while in school
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALSeptember 22, 2014
As a student, this is on of the best job. Purely based on being able to study and get paid while doing it.
Very slow pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Univ. of Montevallo (UM)September 21, 2014
Living in Montevallo just wasn't fun for me.Hhowever, this particular job was primarily focuses on helping disabled children with everything tasks related to study and test materials. Also this work helped me get experience in policy and disability services.
Pros
easy tasks, no leader to micro-manage
Cons
no room for advancement--workstudy position.
Good place to work.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALMay 17, 2014
The university is a good place to work. Small university feels like family and has good benefits.
Pros
Tuition/fees waived for employees and dependents.
Wonderful atmosphere
Postal Carrier (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALDecember 23, 2013
Delivered packages throughout the campus and had a blast doing it. I enjoyed working along side great people who always lent me a helping hand when needed.
Pros
Always something to do.
Cons
low pay
productive and fun environment with a great school mission
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  montevallo,alAugust 29, 2013
surrounded by intelligent and bright enthusiastic people
Very productive and real friendly Environment
Graduate Assistant Part-time (Former Employee) –  Montevallo, ALAugust 26, 2013
A typical day would include me checking the work email at the work station. I ve learned to file and document any prospective or current student files on our database. Also send or email orientation letters for perspective graduate students. The hardest part of the job is to answer phone calls, while either checking an email or scanning a document. The management is great! being that I m the only graduate assistant I answer to my program manager and Program director. The most enjoyable part of the job has to include my staff. Even though we consisted of six people total, we held the highest moral value and standards. We were more like family instead of co-workers.