University of Mount Union Employee Reviews

My teammates made the four years enjoyable
CAPTAIN OF VARSITY LACROSSE PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJune 27, 2016
I was the captain of the men's lacrosse team at the University of Mount Union in 2015 and 2016. My first year attending was in 2012 and that was the first year for the program. The people who were around for all four years became apart of my family and we lead the underclassmen by our words and by example. I lead team workouts in the off season and lead stretch before practices and games. The coach that took over the program in 2013 after our previous coach left did not see eye to eye with the way we all wanted to play. We all had to compromise and were able to gain success over a four year span. It was the best learning experience that someone could as for.
Pros
My teammates
Cons
Double practices over every spring break for 3 of the 4 years
Narcissistic Management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHApril 21, 2016
They treat the students very well. As for the employees, well you are just a number and they treat you very poorly. The people of Alliance know that it is not a good place to work.
Pros
Students
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyable work place
Director of Nursing Lab & Clinical/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Worked for two years in the nursing dept. A brand new BSN program. Good administrative support. Many resources available.
Pros
salary, culture
Excellent
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OhioSeptember 16, 2015
The University of Mount Union has been an excellent place to work during the past 4 years. As an Adjunct Instructor and part-time employee, I have nothing negative to say about the institution. A typical day at work involves teaching two 55 minute courses Monday, Wednesday and Friday involving public health and nutrition. The individuals I work with are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of this job is not know, until exams, if students are obtaining all information. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the students and helping them reach their full potential as students and individuals.
Pros
Students, private school, experience teaching
Cons
Only work part-time
Fun workplace!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHMarch 9, 2015
Everyday we would come in at the same time and start working on different things such as recruiting trips for that week or newsletters to be sent out to recruits and alumni. The team would lift 3 times a week and once season started we had practice every day besides Sunday's and we played Wednesdays and Saturday's. My co-workers were great and very supportive of my life both professionally and personally. The hardest part of the job was the lack of time to do personal things. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending it with the girl's on the team. They were very interesting and smart individuals.
Pros
able to get experience in coaching
Cons
limited time to spend with family and lots of traveling
I loved working with College Students. They were eager to learn and understood their need to manage their illness.
University Counselor (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJune 17, 2014
Seeing students was the most enjoyable part of my job. I usually saw several students a day. I would also work on presentations, complete progress notes, and treatment plans. I'd meet with my Supervisor weekly to discuss cases. I feel I never developed a cohesive working relationship with some of the staff. My office was located in a different building than the other staff and I often felt isolated. This became very difficult and created lack of communication.
Pros
working with college age students, freedom to develop any program, group, or outreach.
Cons
poor management, never had a work evaluation after working for 4 yrs.
Mount
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OH (KHIC, Chapman Hall, and Keener)July 20, 2013
I dont really agree with how they run that University. On a typical day I would go in at 10pm and then go to my building and clean and disinfect everything. The management I didnt really like because they without very important information about my family from me while I was working at the time about my father being in an accident. The management told my entire shift not to tell me about it and to not let me onto the computer to read the mass email sent out by the University chief of security. The co-workers were nice to your face but then once you werent around talked badly about you. The hardest part of the job was it being midnights and trying to raise a child all on your own. I dont really know what I enjoyed about that job.
Great job to have during the school year
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHSeptember 11, 2013
The schedule I worked varied semester to semester, but it was overall very flexible, especially since this wasn't my only activity outside of school. I had to work around sorority, Alpha Delta Pi, my internship with USMS, and volunteering at the hospital. All the guards I worked with were very friendly and it was an over all great atmosphere to work in.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OhioSeptember 17, 2014
Mount Union calls their Resident Assistants, Community Educators. That is what we do, we educate and help the residents learn their way around campus, especially the freshmen residents.
fun productive work place with a great environment and atmosphere
Laboratory Setup Assistant (Former Employee) –  alliance ohioJuly 3, 2014
work is challenging and engaging. a great location and environment to work in.
Pros
flexible hours, fair pay, great environment
Engaging and fun environment to work.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHAugust 21, 2013
I taught three classes which met at various times during the week. I learned a tremendous amount in this job. I believe this is a wonderful higher education institution.
Student Supervisor at the University of Mount Union Call Center
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  University of Mount UnionMay 31, 2013
I was responsible in hiring and training students to use the phone system and tracking donations the call center made.
Competitive atmosphere
Intern Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJanuary 27, 2013
The University of Mount Union is one of the best places a person can work. A competitive atmosphere geared towards a strong work ethic and core values.
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHOctober 16, 2014
I enjoyed my time at the university of mount union as a student and would recommend it. They really care about my learning and how to be a better person.
Great work environment with attention to detail
NCAA Division III Football, Defensive Line Coach (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHMay 12, 2014
Great work environment with attention to detail, an Excellent University to be apart of.
Easy to work with
Calculus , Physics and Statistics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Alliance OHMarch 15, 2014
Supervisors are easy to work with
The work is worth it
the co-workers are easy going
I liked working with the students
Highly productive and lively workplace
Assistant Swim & Dive Coach (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJune 17, 2015
A typical day at my job started at 5:30/6:00 am (depending on the day) and lasted until 9 pm. We had two practices in the morning followed by two practices in the afternoon. In between practices my coworker and I would split up responsibilities that we were assigned for the week that ranged from making practices, preparing a recruit packet and schedule for an on campus visit, as well as line ups for our upcoming meets. Following our evening practices we would call recruits and engage them in conversation not only about swimming but about their personal life as well. One of the many things that I loved about my job was the fact that the team always felt welcomed in our office no matter the time of day as well as being comfortable to talk to me about their personal issues and how to move forward. I also very much enjoyed watching them understand a concept, apply it, and become a fast swimmer because of it. Helping my student athletes excel and realize their true potential has been the most rewarding part of my job. I learned more about myself and how I handle things under pressure, staying organized not only for my own sake but to help the team be more focused, and that I am more capable of multi-tasking than I ever thought would be possible. That was also probably the hardest part of the job because there is always something happening (office related or swimming related) and when I get an assignment I like to get it done right away so I can move onto the next thing but more times than not the assignment did not need to be completed for a couple of days. My coworker was  more... great and I believe that I mentored him so he can help train the next assistant.  less

University of Mount Union Reviews by Location