University of Mount Union

University of Mount Union Employee Reviews

Fun workplace!
Intern (Former Employee), Alliance, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: able to get experience in coaching
Cons: limited time to spend with family and lots of traveling
Everyday we would come in at the same time and start working on different things such as recruiting trips for that week or newsletters to be sent out to recruits and alumni. The team would lift 3 times a week and once season started we had practice every day besides Sunday's and we played Wednesdays and Saturday's. My co-workers were great and very supportive of my life both professionally and personally. The hardest part of the job was the lack of time to do personal things. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending it with the girl's on the team. They were very interesting and smart individuals.
Great School
Student (Former Employee), Alliance, OHOctober 16, 2014
I enjoyed my time at the university of mount union as a student and would recommend it. They really care about my learning and how to be a better person.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Alliance, OhioSeptember 17, 2014
Mount Union calls their Resident Assistants, Community Educators. That is what we do, we educate and help the residents learn their way around campus, especially the freshmen residents.
fun productive work place with a great environment and atmosphere
Laboratory Setup Assistant (Former Employee), alliance ohioJuly 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, fair pay, great environment
work is challenging and engaging. a great location and environment to work in.
I loved working with College Students. They were eager to learn and understood their need to manage their illness.
University Counselor (Former Employee), Alliance, OHJune 17, 2014
Pros: working with college age students, freedom to develop any program, group, or outreach.
Cons: poor management, never had a work evaluation after working for 4 yrs.
Seeing students was the most enjoyable part of my job. I usually saw several students a day. I would also work on presentations, complete progress notes, and treatment plans. I'd meet with my Supervisor weekly to discuss cases. I feel I never developed a cohesive working relationship with some of the staff. My office was located in a different building than the other staff and I often felt isolated. This became very difficult and created lack of communication.
Great work environment with attention to detail
NCAA Division III Football, Defensive Line Coach (Current Employee), Alliance, OHMay 12, 2014
Great work environment with attention to detail, an Excellent University to be apart of.
Easy to work with
Calculus , Physics and Statistics Tutor (Former Employee), Alliance OHMarch 15, 2014
Supervisors are easy to work with
The work is worth it
the co-workers are easy going
I liked working with the students
Great job to have during the school year
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Alliance, OHSeptember 11, 2013
The schedule I worked varied semester to semester, but it was overall very flexible, especially since this wasn't my only activity outside of school. I had to work around sorority, Alpha Delta Pi, my internship with USMS, and volunteering at the hospital. All the guards I worked with were very friendly and it was an over all great atmosphere to work in.
Engaging and fun environment to work.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Alliance, OHAugust 21, 2013
I taught three classes which met at various times during the week. I learned a tremendous amount in this job. I believe this is a wonderful higher education institution.
Mount
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Alliance, OH (KHIC, Chapman Hall, and Keener)July 20, 2013
I dont really agree with how they run that University. On a typical day I would go in at 10pm and then go to my building and clean and disinfect everything. The management I didnt really like because they without very important information about my family from me while I was working at the time about my father being in an accident. The management told my entire shift not to tell me about it and to not let me onto the computer to read the mass email sent out by the University chief of security. The co-workers were nice to your face but then once you werent around talked badly about you. The hardest part of the job was it being midnights and trying to raise a child all on your own. I dont really know what I enjoyed about that job.
Student Supervisor at the University of Mount Union Call Center
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), University of Mount UnionMay 31, 2013
I was responsible in hiring and training students to use the phone system and tracking donations the call center made.
Competitive atmosphere
Intern Football Coach (Former Employee), Alliance, OHJanuary 27, 2013
The University of Mount Union is one of the best places a person can work. A competitive atmosphere geared towards a strong work ethic and core values.