University of Nebraska at Kearney

University of Nebraska at Kearney Employer Reviews

Turn around in management is alot and everytime it changes, so does everything else. You can't get a system if everything keeps changing.
custodian (Current Employee), Kearney, NEFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: vacation/sick time and time off at holidays.
Cons: shorthanded, not good equipment, and putting up with change in management all the time.
Early morning hours, but then you get off early. Good vacation/sick time and time off at Christmas break.

Very hard work (for some people). Always shorthanded. If you have good equipment and enough "good" workers in your building, it is easier. Others sluff their way through and then the others have to make up for their laziness. The equipment and items needed for the job depends on what building you work in and sometimes it depends where you rate on the scale for the management (manager and supervisors). Most of the co-workers are nice to work with. Some of the office people are demanding, but then others are easy to work with and for.
Not a bad place to start
Pitching Coach/Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Kearney, NENovember 7, 2014
Under funded and under paid, but not a bad place to start your career
Work study job, nothing special
Work Study (Former Employee), Kearney, NEJune 3, 2014
This job was very laid back and not very note worthy. I did the athlete's laundry two nights a week. Sometimes it was easy money. Sometimes it was not. I don't really have much to say about it.
Wonderful opportunity
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Kearney, NEMay 29, 2014
Pros: meeting many people, being in a select and elite group
Cons: long hours, little free time
We as a Resident Assistant meant that I was on call all day nearly everyday and lived where I worked literally. I had to help about 30 girls living on my floor and oversee another 150 when I was on duty which occurred every few weeks.The hardest part of this job was the long hours. On duty nights we had to do rounds at 1 am and make sure that we completed all the paper documenting what we did once our 1 am security checks of two buildings were completed.
A number of great people to work with but management lacks a cohesive direction.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), Kearney, NEJanuary 24, 2014
The hardest part of the job was juggling the four different roles I was made to handle especially with competing deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and colleagues.
Not a bad place to work
Custodian (Current Employee), Kearney, NEMarch 7, 2013
Pros: ok people and environment and easy work
Cons: can get boring and not a lot of room to advance
The majority of the faculty are nice enough. There are a few that look down on the custodians as less than nothing. The hours aren't the greatest either (5am-1:30pm). There's plenty of opportunity for overtime and a nice tuition break for employees and their family.