University of Nebraska at Kearney

University of Nebraska at Kearney Employer Reviews

Wonderful opportunity
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Kearney, NEMay 29, 2014
Pros: meeting many people, being in a select and elite group
Cons: long hours, little free time
We as a Resident Assistant meant that I was on call all day nearly everyday and lived where I worked literally. I had to help about 30 girls living on my floor and oversee another 150 when I was on duty which occurred every few weeks.The hardest part of this job was the long hours. On duty nights we had to do rounds at 1 am and make sure that we completed – more... all the paper documenting what we did once our 1 am security checks of two buildings were completed. – less
A number of great people to work with but management lacks a cohesive direction.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), Kearney, NEJanuary 24, 2014
The hardest part of the job was juggling the four different roles I was made to handle especially with competing deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and colleagues.
Not a bad place to work
Custodian (Current Employee), Kearney, NEMarch 7, 2013
Pros: ok people and environment and easy work
Cons: can get boring and not a lot of room to advance
The majority of the faculty are nice enough. There are a few that look down on the custodians as less than nothing. The hours aren't the greatest either (5am-1:30pm). There's plenty of opportunity for overtime and a nice tuition break for employees and their family.