University of Nebraska at Omaha

University of Nebraska at Omaha Employer Reviews

Good benefits, beautiful campus, nice people
Network Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2014
Pros: separate sick and vacation time, $1/credit hour tuition
Cons: gossip, brown-nosing, pigeon holed
A typical day at work includes answering questions, attending meetings, processing reports, etc. I am always busy and have very little down time.

I have learned to take advantage of all the training and education benefits offered.

The hardest part of the job is watching people that may/may not do their job well suck up to management and get promoted – more... while you stay pigeon holed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that my current boss does not micro manage me. – less
Very energetic workplace
Summer Instructor (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 8, 2014
Pros: short sessions
Cons: pay for parking
I love working at UNO! Pre-service and In-service teachers have so much knowledge and energy.
Good place to work.
Director, Asst. Professor (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 27, 2014
Exciting to be at work...professional co-workers. Supportive administration. Learned that you can find passion in your work.
Working as a Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 21, 2014
Overall it is good but lacks a good management. There are many things that can be improved.
Custodial Supervisor
Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2013
If you can get past the hours of 3:00 - 11:30 a.m. then you have a good career.
good
Volunteer at UNO (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 30, 2013
a typical day at work is very very very nice really enjoyed it
MavrickPR UNO
Public Relations and Advertising, GPA (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 29, 2013
Creating branding on multiple levels including community awareness and online platforms.
Management creates an environment that supports growth and creativity.
Co-works exchange ideas, listen to each other and work well together.
The hardest parts of the job are keeping deadlines.
The most enjoyable parts of the job is collaborating together.
Great employment with good pay
Mathematics Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 18, 2012
I was hired to work as a Math Teacher Assistant in 8th grade classrooms around the Omaha, NE area and was hired immediately after I applied. They are very understanding and flexible with my school schedule. I enjoy helping out the kids understand math and get a better grasp on things, but it can be difficult with some children. I don't necessarily have – more... a manager watching over me because we are just in a classroom while we work, but we report to a supervisor for our time sheets and any upcoming workshops that we need to attend to and she has been very helpful. – less
Really good to work
Student Worker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 28, 2012
Worked as a Graduate Assistant. I used to help my Professor on gradings. I was also involved in small internal projects for the professor.
Poor upper management
Facilities Operator II (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 20, 2012
Pros: educcational bennifits
Cons: low pay scale
Some co-workers were okay and a few were just plain weird!! One employee who had the same job title as I, and had been working there for several years, was making less money then me. Not fair!
Easy job but is temporary only during the fall and winter school year.
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 31, 2012
Pros: free meals. nice people to work with.
Cons: low pay, and no benefits.
The beginning of the school year you are very busy and it gets easier until the end of the school year, then it's busy again. I worked only 30 hours a week so it's a great part-time job for a senior citizen such as myself.
Fun place to learn. Expereincing a lot of new responsibilities here
Temporary position - Department Secretary (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 18, 2012
The University of Nebraska at Omaha is where I am pursuing my Masters program in Management Information Systems. I have completed a year so far. Expected graduation date is Spring 2013.

Through my work I am learning more about how department administration works and learn something everyday I work there. I really enjoy my work and looking for more – more... such dynamic opportunities with every day being a new day. I strongly believe that there is more out there that I would like to be part of and explore along the way. – less
Workstudy
Workstudy (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 24, 2012
Pros: great location students and staff
Cons: parking is not the best and minimal advancement.
Awesome place to work. Great staff and students. Everyone is like a family and do what they can to take care of others.
Tenured faculty don't even bother talking to adjunct instructors! A cold place.
Part-time instructor, adjunct lecturer (Former Employee), Omaha, NebraskaSeptember 1, 2011
Cons: they pay you nothing
I gave that school everything I had and got nothing back. Very sad. I thought educated people were supposed to be smarter, better, kinder. NOT! They are all takers -- every single one of them. I will be doing handstands when academia collapses on its own bankrupt model. Can't wait.
USAID project with very well standards
Cartographer/Mapping Officer (Former Employee), Peshawar, PakistanDecember 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: good package of leaves and learning opportunities
This was a USAID project with very high level of management and good opportunities. but unfortunately closed up in very short period due to policy of USA as it stopped funding its projects for Pakistan and Afghanistan.