University of Nebraska Medical Center

University of Nebraska Medical Center Employer Reviews

It is an excellent place to work on antiviral therapies
Instructor (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: excellent work culture, interaction with scientists from multiple back grounds.
Cons: except some climatic conditions in the city, overall it is a great place to work.
It provides an excellent work atmosphere and work culture. I have learnt several novel techniques related to drug development. This is a highly organized and well managed organization. This is an excellent opportunity to work with colleagues here and presence of scientists from several back grounds helped me to learn novel technologies and explore my enthusiasm to develop novel therapies to treat HIV/AIDS.
productive
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Omaha,NEDecember 20, 2014
learnt how to apply theories in practical situations. No enjoyable part as it's not based on group work, mostly individual work discuss only with supervisor. No co-workers there to work with me.
Great rewards for not doing your job and HIPAA violations
Accession Technician and Phlebotomy (PRN) (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 16, 2014
Pros: acedemia
Cons: management
They have a tendency to reward those that do nothing but complain and not work while the rest of us do our jobs and theirs.
Take it or leave it
Hospital Zone Technician IV (Former Employee), Omaha NEDecember 1, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: needs good managment, not good old boys.
Some people love the place others hate it. Management needs to listen to the people that are there and care! Welcome to working for the state, so much red tape to fix minor problems.
Got to flex my anylitcal muscle
CSR (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 10, 2014
I got a great background in the laboratory science field in this position. I also became knowledgeable about billing insurance.
Overall a good work experience
Nutrition Care Worker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 13, 2014
Pros: opportunities for many hours to work
Cons: short breaks
Created a physically demanding job in terms of walking around with little down time. Managers were not very willing to work with your school schedules, but great opportunities to work different late shifts after school or on weekends.
Very Cultural. One of the best educations I've ever recieved!
Research Intern (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 2, 2014
Top-notch! The faculty, staff, and students are focused on the betterment of healthcare in various stratums of need
It was great
Summer Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 25, 2014
The environment was great, the people were awesome, focused productive and overall a great experience.
I worked Labor and Delivery and it was very special each time a baby was born
Registered Staff Nurse (Former Employee), OmahaAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great getting involved with the families, best job ever
Cons: like an er, you just never knew what excitement was in store for you that 8 hours
Took care of patients in labor and assisted withl delivery or C-section.
Also took care of mom's in premature labor or high risk perinatal mom's
Fast paced excellent learning environment
Staff Secretary III (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 24, 2014
Super fast paced, excellent learning environment. Answered phones, made patient appointments, scheduled surgeries, patient chart transcription, patient filing.
Very interesting place to work at
Internship (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 19, 2014
Pros: certifications on testing and counseling for hiv/aids and certifications for std checkings
Cons: it ends august 1
I love this job, we learn many skills different days of the week that range from STDS checking or HIV/AIDS or blood pressure and blood sugar. We are even working on projects and learning more on how to meet datelines.
Productive and fun place to work.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 3, 2014
Everyone was very helpful and kind. I enjoyed each work day.
great experience
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 2, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: difficuly work life balance
great culture. great environment . working with a bunch of motivated and very accomplished researchers. hard to balance work/life
Good workplace
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 2, 2014
Pros: state of the art facilities, well managed core facilities..
Cons: salary, career development
Good work/life balance however compensation could be more competitive. Not many options for faculty positions and upward mobility.
No comment.
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 27, 2014
Pros: no comment.
Cons: no comment.
On this job, this is where I learned the various language cultures. It was hard at first to understand the dialects, but as I got more into the job,it became much easier to understand the various dialects. Co-workers were very helpful when needing help understanding the different languages.
An exciting and rewarding place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great learning experience, with room for advancement, good benefits
Entering doctors orders into the computer to make sure all the patients got the tests and treatment they needed. Ordering supplies for the floor, making sure the patients had all they needed and called the nurses to the room, Interacting with all other departments in the hospital. Admitting and discharging patients, making follow up appointments, ordering home/discharge medications. Interacting with patients families, filing, answering phones. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the violence that happens, the most enjoyable part is knowing you made a difference in the care and recovery of the people you are there to help. Learned medical terminology.
Nice working environment
Software Analyst I and Web Developer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 29, 2014
I was working on php web application and converting some desktop application into web.
Student, classes and lab work
Graduate Assistant/ Student (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2013
I completed course work for Ph.D. and Master's track while completing experiments for my thesis and other experiments as needed by principle investigator.
Good workplace, good people
DIRECTOR OF DISTANCE EDUCATION (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 4, 2013
Pros: work life balance, benefits, professional network
Cons: feels like a med center and not a traditional campus, no work from home policy
UNMC is a very good place to work. People are generally very good, talented, and dedicated.
OK Job
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 17, 2013
UNMC tends to low ball folks as far as pay is concerned, and some management can be rude. Because it is a university people tend to stay there forever even if their productivity is rather low.

1 2 3