University of Nevada Las Vegas Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Busy work
Sports Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2016
Sending out press releases, Working with co workers as great everyone got along. The hardest part about the job was having deadlines and making sure there where no mistakes in the media guides.
Flexible schedule
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2016
I am a full time student with the ability to have a very flexible school schedule. I love my classes and the environment in campus.
Currently Part Time Faculty
Part Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2015
As a part time instructor I am only teaching one masters level education course at UNLV a semester. My full time position is with the Clark County School District as a licensed special education teacher. While I am passionate about public education and instruction, there is no room for growth or expansion in public .
Excellent academic environment
Associate Professor and Chair (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2015
UNLV upholds high standards for faculty in conducting research and performance in the classroom. The university has an outstanding merit system for rewarding excellence in research and in the classroom.
Not quite University Status.
Student (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2015
I just had a rough time while at UNLV. It started with them claiming me as a non-resident, when I had lived in Nevada for more than 6 years, then it just continued with me having to pay for more schooling because I was just not getting the classwork, no matter how hard I tried to. I just did not have a good experience overall when I attended. I do hope that others who choose to attend have a better experience than I did, but I will not go back.
Learned alot about the Internal Administrative workings at UNLV.
Supply Technician II Nevada State College (Former Employee) –  Nevada State College - Henderson, NevadaOctober 3, 2015
In reference to Nevada State College - located in Henderson, Nevada,
I was required to set up an Inventory system while still working at UNLV main campus.

I set up the State College's Inventory System by working with various
personnel at the College. Enjoyed working with these persons and
received good valuable information. The hardest part of the job was tracking down equipment that had been moved from its original location.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the personnel at Nevada State College.
Cons
Trying to locate missing equipment that had been moved
fun Work enviroment
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2015
reviewing film
creating and implementing game plan
tracking student athlete academics
recruiting
on field coaching
Didn't worked for long here, satisfied overall
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2015
I worked in AlpineMinds for just a few months. The primary work was web development on PHP platforms. I worked with the founder of the company together to complete few of the projects. Overall, I gained some hands on experience on web development which helped me further.
A good University
Undergraduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2015
A good University, with excellent professors and a nice place to do the research in the laboratory. There are a staff break and recreational places.
Nice Classroom facilities
freelance photographer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2015
UNLV provides clean well equipped classroom facilities with convenient and ample parking
A very team oriented environment
Software Developer / Graduate Assistang (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2015
We as a team have been developing some live applications to be used by students and teachers. Besides, we have been developing the data base system and a front end as a web portal.
Good work with a lot of learning.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
This was a perfect job for the final semesters of graduate study. I learned much about how to deal with students and how to teach in different environments. The people were great and the students had a desire to learn. There was zero room for Advancement as this wasn't the nature of the Job. It was a way to give me teaching experience. It was enjoyable to see the students advance and learn based on the knowledge that I gave them.
Worst university ever
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Civil EngineeringSeptember 26, 2013
There is no professional staff , No funding for research are the main problems.
Best Thing Happening in Southern Nevada
GEAR UP ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2013
The mission of the Center for Academic Enrichment and Outreach (The Center) is to provide traditional and innovative educational opportunities to a diverse community through targeted services and research that promote personal success.
Pros
helping disadvantaged students
Cons
can't provide sevices to everyone
Plesent Work Environment
Assistant Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 30, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job is the my co-workers. The employees of UNLV are professional, courteous, and generally easy to work with.
Perfect for students
Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2012
The University works around your school schedule and it is on campus so there is no commute.
Great Learning Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2011
The position at UNLV was an administrative assistant position that also served as my internship. I was assistant to the Director of the Landscape Architecture program. In addition to my administrative duties, I designed informative powerpoints and imovies which I presented to local high school students for the purpose of recruitment. Recruitment visits were extremely rewarding, as I was interacting, and teaching in our community.
Super expérience
Stage de 3 mois en université à l'UNLV (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2014
Expérience unique m'ayant permis de développer aussi bien mes compétences technique, que mon anglais. Une première confrontation au monde professionnel en informatique.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Nevada Las Vegas. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Nevada Las Vegas Reviews by Location