University of Nevada Las Vegas Employee Reviews

Didn't worked for long here, satisfied overall
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2015
I worked in AlpineMinds for just a few months. The primary work was web development on PHP platforms. I worked with the founder of the company together to complete few of the projects. Overall, I gained some hands on experience on web development which helped me further.
A good University
Undergraduate Research Student (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2015
A good University, with excellent professors and a nice place to do the research in the laboratory. There are a staff break and recreational places.
Nice Classroom facilities
freelance photographer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2015
UNLV provides clean well equipped classroom facilities with convenient and ample parking
A very team oriented environment
Software Developer / Graduate Assistang (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2015
We as a team have been developing some live applications to be used by students and teachers. Besides, we have been developing the data base system and a front end as a web portal.
Good work with a lot of learning.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
This was a perfect job for the final semesters of graduate study. I learned much about how to deal with students and how to teach in different environments. The people were great and the students had a desire to learn. There was zero room for Advancement as this wasn't the nature of the Job. It was a way to give me teaching experience. It was enjoyable to see the students advance and learn based on the knowledge that I gave them.
Good benefits
Data Center Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2014
Great benefits. A lot of politics though.Great benefits. A lot of politics though.Great benefits. A lot of politics though.
Worst university ever
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Civil EngineeringSeptember 26, 2013
There is no professional staff , No funding for research are the main problems.
Best Thing Happening in Southern Nevada
GEAR UP ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2013
Pros: helping disadvantaged students
Cons: can't provide sevices to everyone
The mission of the Center for Academic Enrichment and Outreach (The Center) is to provide traditional and innovative educational opportunities to a diverse community through targeted services and research that promote personal success.
Plesent Work Environment
Assistant Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 30, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job is the my co-workers. The employees of UNLV are professional, courteous, and generally easy to work with.
Perfect for students
Promotions Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2012
The University works around your school schedule and it is on campus so there is no commute.
Great Learning Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2011
The position at UNLV was an administrative assistant position that also served as my internship. I was assistant to the Director of the Landscape Architecture program. In addition to my administrative duties, I designed informative powerpoints and imovies which I presented to local high school students for the purpose of recruitment. Recruitment visits were extremely rewarding, as I was interacting, and teaching in our community.
Super expérience
Stage de 3 mois en université à l'UNLV (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2014
Expérience unique m'ayant permis de développer aussi bien mes compétences technique, que mon anglais. Une première confrontation au monde professionnel en informatique.