University of Nevada Las Vegas Employee Reviews

A very routine job
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2017
You work a set schedule and are always guaranteed your 40 hours plus overtime if needed. Health benefits and 401 k is provided and you have your own assigned station which is good for being able to set goals throughout your work week. The one major downfall was my creepy shift manager. He would appear at random times and follow me around while I worked and harrass me. Other then that the job was decent.
Pros
health benefits, lunch breaks, paid time off, 401 k
Cons
poor management, graveyard shift
Productive and fun workplace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2017
Working at UNLV was a great collaborative experience. I had wonderful coworkers, a fair and balanced manager, and an incredible opportunity to engage with people.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
N/a
unlv is a good business school
Volunteering Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2017
UNLV is an excellent university for business and hospitality. There's an abundance of opportunities for entrepreneurial-like people. Also all around a rapidly growing school with a huge campus.
Pros
very close to las vegas blvd
Cons
may not be the best school for certain academic disciplines
Summer job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2017
Summer job working with UNLV residential custodians (dorms). basic janitorial tasks such as: sweeping, mopping, waxing, vacuuming, etc. Was a fun job and worked with other students as well
Great opportunity for professional development
FACULTY INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2017
Working for UNLV outreach was a great start to my career in wellness. It offered a schedule chosen by me and I was able to choose which classes I would teach each semester.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
A good place for learning at Nevada
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2017
It is a good place to learn and educate. I have this opportunity to work and research there and get my master's degree. There are funding sources that you can award and become a TA on an RA to support your life.
Non-profit environment with good benefits.
Web Archiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2016
The desirability of working at UNLV is largely dependent on the type of position one holds. The work environment has all the plusses and minuses of a non-profit institution. Benefits are generally good.
Pros
Non-profit environment
Cons
Non-profit environment
great work environment
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2016
I work with two amazing strength coaches and have been learning a lot in the process. A typical day includes coaching and motivating young student athletes to be the best person they can be. I love it here.
Busy work
Sports Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2016
Sending out press releases, Working with co workers as great everyone got along. The hardest part about the job was having deadlines and making sure there where no mistakes in the media guides.
Flexible schedule
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2016
I am a full time student with the ability to have a very flexible school schedule. I love my classes and the environment in campus.
Currently Part Time Faculty
Part Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2015
As a part time instructor I am only teaching one masters level education course at UNLV a semester. My full time position is with the Clark County School District as a licensed special education teacher. While I am passionate about public education and instruction, there is no room for growth or expansion in public .
Excellent academic environment
Associate Professor and Chair (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2015
UNLV upholds high standards for faculty in conducting research and performance in the classroom. The university has an outstanding merit system for rewarding excellence in research and in the classroom.
Not quite University Status.
Student (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2015
I just had a rough time while at UNLV. It started with them claiming me as a non-resident, when I had lived in Nevada for more than 6 years, then it just continued with me having to pay for more schooling because I was just not getting the classwork, no matter how hard I tried to. I just did not have a good experience overall when I attended. I do hope that others who choose to attend have a better experience than I did, but I will not go back.
Learned alot about the Internal Administrative workings at UNLV.
Supply Technician II Nevada State College (Former Employee) –  Nevada State College - Henderson, NevadaOctober 3, 2015
In reference to Nevada State College - located in Henderson, Nevada,
I was required to set up an Inventory system while still working at UNLV main campus.

I set up the State College's Inventory System by working with various
personnel at the College. Enjoyed working with these persons and
received good valuable information. The hardest part of the job was tracking down equipment that had been moved from its original location.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the personnel at Nevada State College.
Cons
Trying to locate missing equipment that had been moved
fun Work enviroment
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2015
reviewing film
creating and implementing game plan
tracking student athlete academics
recruiting
on field coaching
Didn't worked for long here, satisfied overall
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2015
I worked in AlpineMinds for just a few months. The primary work was web development on PHP platforms. I worked with the founder of the company together to complete few of the projects. Overall, I gained some hands on experience on web development which helped me further.
A good University
Undergraduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2015
A good University, with excellent professors and a nice place to do the research in the laboratory. There are a staff break and recreational places.
Nice Classroom facilities
freelance photographer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2015
UNLV provides clean well equipped classroom facilities with convenient and ample parking
A very team oriented environment
Software Developer / Graduate Assistang (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2015
We as a team have been developing some live applications to be used by students and teachers. Besides, we have been developing the data base system and a front end as a web portal.
Good work with a lot of learning.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
This was a perfect job for the final semesters of graduate study. I learned much about how to deal with students and how to teach in different environments. The people were great and the students had a desire to learn. There was zero room for Advancement as this wasn't the nature of the Job. It was a way to give me teaching experience. It was enjoyable to see the students advance and learn based on the knowledge that I gave them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Nevada Las Vegas. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Nevada Las Vegas Reviews by Location