University of Nevada Reno

University of Nevada Reno Employee Reviews

Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 13, 2015
I was a student worker at the university. I did not expect anything special, simply a place to work at that could work with my school schedule, that is exactly what I received.
Flexible work hours
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Reno, NVMay 10, 2015
Flexible work hours and plenty of smart students to talk with. Good place to learn but need extra effort to find a job after graduation.
Awesome for student workers
Student worker (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: awesome time managment
Cons: non that i can think of
being a student worker is the best job to have in college because it allows you to manage your work/school schedule best. All of the jobs differ but i worked for surplus and was responsible for picking up and delivering all surplus from all departments.
Lots of work and people
INTERN (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at UNR was a busy day. I learned customer service, time management, and lots of cleaning abilities. Management was always there when a problem arised and made sure the employees didnt need anything. The hardest part of the job was leaarning to accept that i couldnt do everything perfectly. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers happy.
Diverse University Setting
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 15, 2012
Pros: diverse staff, fun atmosphere, leadership advancement potential
Cons: time committment
I was only a student volunteer for this position. Yet, this organization derailed stereotypes of student-led organizations. The leadership structure was primarily comprised of paid staff, yet there were also student directors who did their absolute best to ensure the positive quality of life and enjoyment of experiences for all involved. One of the best "Pros" that I can put for this organization is that not only is it diverse and anyone can join, but there is potential for leadership advancement which is vital for any college student.

Somethings we would do were:
Give tours to prospective students, field trip groups, and have fun tours for charity

Help with recruiting

Public outreach about the university
Not bad for grad school
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Reno, NVApril 11, 2012
Pros: combine school and a paycheck
Cons: minimum wage looks generous, with the amount of time you put in
The stipend I receive is minimal and not great, but I think it all depends on the lab that you are in. Graduate research is challenging and frustrating, but in the end you get a little bit of money and hopefully an advance degree.