University of Nevada Reno Employee Reviews

Wonderful Job and Great Staff
DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 4, 2017
I had several jobs on campus throughout my college career and overall, I had really nice coworkers, great management and flexible hours. This was through my work study program. It really helped me stay busy with my classes and my extracurricular activities
Pros
Flexible hours
Great place to work in a research lab
Laboratory Student (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 22, 2017
Most of the Professors at this University are willing to train and take in undergraduate students and allow them to participate in research. This opens doors of opportunity for experience and to get a publication as an undergraduate.
Productive, Good learning experience and fun at work place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 30, 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for sharing knowledge to my students and I will take care of them by conducting fun and learning activities like aptitude sessions etc.,

With the help of my Management and my co-workers, I'm having excellent learning opportunity and I'm developing my skills and experience in numerous different ways.
Great Work Experience
DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 13, 2016
I loved working at the Department of Music at the University of Nevada, Reno! I graduated last May, I was a student worker there, and it was very good experience! I answered phone calls, assisted music professors, music students and staff with music related questions in the department. The staff was fantastic, my coworkers were great, and it was flexible schedule for my classes. It was decent pay and part-time. The hardest part was waking up early in the morning for work, but it was pretty easy and enjoyable to work in.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Early in the morning
not enough hours to go around
Scheduling Assistant (Former Employee) –  North, VASeptember 9, 2016
you are constantly fighting to hours and because they try to hire as many students as possible you all just have to be happy with 20 hours a week
Great environment for learning new things!
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 19, 2016
UNR is a beautiful campus with a great student body. It's truly a pleasure teaching here. The faculty of the Information Systems department of the Business school are always expanding their knowledge to stay current with the industry in IT.
Great for a student worker.
Student Services (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 29, 2016
Great for a student worker. It was an easy environment to work within and provided a great opportunity to make money while attending school.
Interresting place to work
French tutor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 16, 2015
Friendly and safe environment. No need to look for a place to work with students because the place provides organized and private-like space within the department.
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 13, 2015
I was a student worker at the university. I did not expect anything special, simply a place to work at that could work with my school schedule, that is exactly what I received.
Flexible work hours
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 10, 2015
Flexible work hours and plenty of smart students to talk with. Good place to learn but need extra effort to find a job after graduation.
Awesome for student workers
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 25, 2015
being a student worker is the best job to have in college because it allows you to manage your work/school schedule best. All of the jobs differ but i worked for surplus and was responsible for picking up and delivering all surplus from all departments.
Pros
Awesome time managment
Cons
non that i can think of
Lots of work and people
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 10, 2013
A typical day at UNR was a busy day. I learned customer service, time management, and lots of cleaning abilities. Management was always there when a problem arised and made sure the employees didnt need anything. The hardest part of the job was leaarning to accept that i couldnt do everything perfectly. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers happy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Diverse University Setting
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 15, 2012
I was only a student volunteer for this position. Yet, this organization derailed stereotypes of student-led organizations. The leadership structure was primarily comprised of paid staff, yet there were also student directors who did their absolute best to ensure the positive quality of life and enjoyment of experiences for all involved. One of the best "Pros" that I can put for this organization is that not only is it diverse and anyone can join, but there is potential for leadership advancement which is vital for any college student.

Somethings we would do were:
Give tours to prospective students, field trip groups, and have fun tours for charity

Help with recruiting

Public outreach about the university
Pros
diverse staff, fun atmosphere, leadership advancement potential
Cons
time committment
Not bad for grad school
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 11, 2012
The stipend I receive is minimal and not great, but I think it all depends on the lab that you are in. Graduate research is challenging and frustrating, but in the end you get a little bit of money and hopefully an advance degree.
Pros
combine school and a paycheck
Cons
minimum wage looks generous, with the amount of time you put in