University of Nevada

University of Nevada Employer Reviews

Fun and good experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2015
Working under a professor is a good opportunity. Unfortunately, the pay is a joke.
A very nice work place.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 9, 2014
Research on interesting topics.
I learned a lot on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Working at the University of Nevada, Reno was very rewarding.
Fiscal and Personnel Officer (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 20, 2014
Pros: solid place to work, had good benefits, always learning something
Cons: workload
The College of Science was an exciting place to work. The college student enrollment has been increasing over the years, grant activity and research continue to expand so it was never boring working there. I would continue to work there now if I didn't reach my retirement 30 year mark for the state. My job was demanding, stressful, required many off hours to complete but I loved every moment of it. The people I supervised were wonderful to work with, we all work as a team together which made the typical work day enjoyable. I reported to the Dean, who had high expectations, but was a fair and honest man. There was no free time, the college was large with a ton of responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was finding more hours in the day and keeping up with the work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and being able to help out a student in need.
Excellent Paralegal program
Paralegal Studies (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2014
Attended the Paralegal program that provided me with real work experience. I had my own case and drafted the necessary pleadings.
Great atmosphere for a hardworking Student
Student Financial Aid Customer Service (Current Employee), Reno, NVOctober 28, 2014
The financial aid office at any university is a great way to understand how money plays a role in attending school. Customer service is a huge part in this job as it requires you to confidently speak to fellow students regarding sensitive information such as grades and tuition.
Teaching assistant and Graduate student
Student Teacher/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Reno, NVOctober 18, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: time consuming
I am currently a graduate student in the department of anthropology at the University of Nevada Reno. I am also a teaching assistant with experience in teaching my own discussion sections, lesson planning, critical thinking, and grading skills and much more. Please consult my resume for an extensive list of my skills and interests.
productive and fun work place
Lacrosse Club Assistant Coach (Current Employee), Reno, NVOctober 7, 2014
Pros: being outside
Being able to see the players grow as a team is an amazing part of this job.
Working directly with players to help improve and seeing sometimes immediate results is extremely rewarding.
Doesn't feel like work at all since its so enjoyable.
Housing, Food, and Services
Resident Assistance (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 5, 2014
This is the Greatest experience of my life. So much to learn from this university.
Not a single day is the same.
Research infrastructure, SEB, operations assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2014
There is always something to do and learn in operations. Co-workers are great, although most days you'll be working on your own thing. There are some slower days. Great for students, usually school comes first.
UNR
School Health Surveys Coordinator (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 16, 2014
UNR gave me great opportunities and allowed me to build my resume. I loved this job and was sad when I had to leave after graduation.
Interesting Environment with potential for education
Facility/Animal Husbandry Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2014
UNR is an exciting campus to be a part of. The LAM department has it's pros and cons. I learned a lot at this job. While it can come with a lot of pressure at times, and requires a sharp eye and mind, it is mostly a professional environment. The current management has my support and I would love to work with the current Dept. head again.
Disappointed
Student Worker, Employment Services (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2014
Very hard to enter into this institution. Mostly its who you know.
Great for students
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Reno, NVJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great for students
Cons: ends with graduation
Amazing job, easy work, can do homework on slow days. Works around schedule.
productive
Desktop Support Technician/ Computer Lab monitor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2014
good place to work

very effective and laid back

would recommend to anyone
Great place for interaction with people.
Assistant Director of Development (Current Employee), Reno, NVMay 14, 2014
Pros: sports related duties and public interraction
Cons: limited income availability
My current tasks are to raise money for sports specific projects along with running the Ambassador volunteer program. I handle trades with local businesses for good needed but without budget. This is a relationship based endeavor. My original title was sales and fan relations and has evolved from there.
Great opportunity as an undergraduate researcher
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 15, 2014
I learned a lot at this job about polymers and magneto-rheological materials. The main area of research was a co-op effort by the chemical and mechanical engineering departments along with the medical school. It was interesting work, but a challenge to adapt to while working as an ironworker.
fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2014
like working and studying here. good teachers and good lab infrastructure they are building more which is good
It is fun to work and communicate with a lot of students.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good opportunity to communicate with others.
I help teach an undergraduate Electric Circuit course in the College of Engineering, and evaluate students’ assignments and provide instructional feedback.
By talking with the students in the class and with other teaching assistants in the department, I have learnt a lot about how to work and communicate with others better. I really like it!
Student worker
Student worker (Former Employee), Reno NVMarch 11, 2014
It's great being a student worker because it allows you to get all your school work done as well make enough money to really enjoy the college experience
A great learning environment, conducive to experimentation and discovery
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, welcoming research group, healthy and supportive communication, plenty of funding
Cons: unable to choose area of research.
I would come into the lab in between classes and set up and run experiments with protocols and instructions that had been given to me by my superiors at an earlier time. I would independently accomplish goals and objectives given to me. The hardest part was the inconsistency and novelty with the tasks assigned me. There was always a steep learning curve working in a research lab and I always longed for a certain consistency in my day to day work.

1 2 3