University of Nevada Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to brush all the skills and programming languages
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2016
Guided students through projects and lab sessions for courses namely Database management Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Internet Security and Programming (C, C++ and RUBY).
Different experiences depending on the Department
Administrative Assistant/Student Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 20, 2016
I have worked in several different departments within the University, and depending on the department the experience can be anything from excellent to horrifying. The good thing about working at the University is that you can easily make contacts and move laterally to a department that has better management and co-workers.

My latest position was in the Office of Student Conduct, and my boss and co-workers were absolutely WONDERFUL.
UNLV is full of drugs and bad guys.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2016
Avoid the dorms at all costs. The dorms are full of drugs and crime.

The crime includes: prostitution, making fake drivers licenses, lots of under age drinking, lots of false fie alarms.
Pros
Fantastic Professors
Cons
Drugs and murders on campus.
School
Volunteer Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 26, 2016
Great University to attend. The professor were helpful and I learned a lot, I would recommended this school to anyone. They have lots of variations of classes to choose from
A good place to balance work, academic and personal priorities
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 11, 2016
The professors understand that we are Graduate Students and allow flexibility in terms of the work that needs to be done.
Pros
Flexibility
easy to work.
Technical Intern (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 11, 2016
The hardest part of the internship and job previous to the internship was remembering all the people I interacted with daily.

It was a really laid back work environment, and friendly.
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
I have all that I need to work and everything is in a really good condition. Also, the co-workers are helpful and always have a good mood.
Knowledgable Staff
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2016
Scoring of psychological measures; assistance in recruiting patients for studies; assistance in the creation of a 3-D model to better delineate morphological deficits in patients with schizophrenia
good
Lab assistant II (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 9, 2016
As a student, working for the school was good. They just recently increased the wage. It was also convenient due to being a student.
Productive fun place to work while studying
Graduate student researcher (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 20, 2015
I was a graduate student. I was paid for the research and tuition while proceeding the doctorate degree. There was no politics. However, it was required to work more than what I was paid.
Awesome School
Student (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 13, 2015
My only review of this school is excellent. I began attending when I was 18, and since then, I just had a wonderful time. Everyone was super helpful in getting me through my classes, any paperwork I needed to go through, and even showed off their true spirit at every event that was held. I will most definitely see about attending the school for my Master's and Doctorate in the future.
Fun and interesting job
Guest Services-Lead (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 21, 2015
This is a part-time job that I've been at for three years. I work when there are events going on. We work the football, basketball games as well as some concerts and/or shows. I go in and we all meet and go over the expectations of the day. We learn to deal with some people that have inquiries about the event or the establishment. Management is pretty good and so are my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be the amount of time on our feet sometimes. The people that I get to meet are always different and super interesting.
Fun place to work
Coaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 2, 2015
Great environment I was able to be myself and teach baseball to kids. Co-workers were great people with similar personalities, we worked hard and always got the job done.
Pros
Working with people
Summer Intern
Reno - Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 26, 2015
You can find what you are looking for as a summer intern in this company. Employees were friendly, kind and helpful. I learned a lot about C#, and developing windows desktop applications.
Research/Teaching Fellowship
Economics, Marketing and Computer Sciences (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 15, 2015
Working at the University of Nevada while working toward my Masters was invaluable experience. I learned what working within an education institute was all about.

Although there was a great deal of autonomy given me, much was expected to be accomplished in the time given.
Pros
Working with highly intelligent people.
Cons
Educational bureacracy
Productive environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 28, 2015
I have learned a tremendous amount while working in a research lab on the University of Nevada's campus, and am grateful for the opportunity to work and study here.
Stayed busy
Dean Future Scholars Mentor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 23, 2015
I had to do various jobs within the student union building. From janitorial work, information desk, and as a receptionist.
Pros
Stayed busy
Cons
Students lead the training
A nice place to work
Head Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  RenoJune 4, 2015
Obviously it depends on the position you're in, but generally people are nice enough. Some people, both administrative and faculty have been in their positions too long and are harder to deal with.
It was an excellent place to work.
METADATA APPRENTICE (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 19, 2015
A typical day of work at the library is interactive between students, and supervisor, and you have an independence that is not commonly seen in entry level positions. This job has given me the ability to be flexible with many different programs used in describing metadata, and has expanded my problem solving skills. The management was excellent as well as the coworkers, and the hardest part of the job was identifying the appropriate metadata and the variability in serials titles, and also working with CONTENTdm. I definitely enjoyed the people I worked with at this job the most. Overall it was an excellent place to work, and I wouldn't trade the experience I have gained from this job for anything.
Great place to work and live
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 9, 2015
I enjoy being a graduate student at UNR. The scope for learning by interacting with professors and other colleagues is vast. The professors help a lot towards educating every individual to the best they can, which I like the most.

4.5