University of Nevada Employee Reviews

A very productive and fast-past environment.
Online Orders Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 9, 2017
I fulfilled, pulled, and packaged all in-store online orders and made phone calls to customers regarding their orders. I learned a lot of the skills needed to get things done in this fast-paced environment like customer service and working as a team member.
Pros
It was fun and you learn a lot
Fun, rewarding job
Biology Tutor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 8, 2017
Tutoring is a very fun and rewarding experience. The Biology Help Center is flexible with your work scheduling. They allow you to set up your own schedule for tutoring and they will work around your class times.
Great atmosphere
Veteran Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 9, 2017
Working closely with the admissions and records staff, I can say that this is a great place to work. Unfortunately, the pay was not conducive for my life and I need to move on to bigger things. The staff is super friendly and everyone is willing to help you in any way possible.
Chemistry Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 8, 2017
They tend to care about how you do in school, and they know students have lives. They will treat you fairly and respectfully, and they want to keep you. Highly recommended.
Edifying place to work
State of Nevada Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 2, 2017
Very diverse community able to interact with students and employees for all over the world. Management within the Police Services department left a lot to be desired
Fun to work
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  NevadaFebruary 1, 2017
Very diverse. Get to know different people and is really fun to work. If you have any problem, there are people to help you right there and everything will be ea
I enjoy carpentry work very much
Custodial Worker I (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed all aspects of doing not only new construction, but also when the company did remodeling work. It is the type of job where you actually see progress in the work you do on a daily basis. I was assigned to different task as needed by the general contractor. Framing, rough in electrical, rough in plumbing. Different jobs with in the different phases of the construction projects.
Challenging and rewarding department
Professor/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 6, 2016
I had the opportunity to teach my own classes. I was given the freedom to design my own course and teach in my own style. I also worked with some very smart people and helpful professors, who encouraged me to always seek to improve. The hardest part of the job was balancing raising a small family and making sure that my work was completed and was of the highest possible quality. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching my students understand important concepts regarding American politics.
Pros
Being paid for something I enjoy doing, earning a degree
Cons
Pressure of creating high quality work, pressure of balancing work with family
Productive and fun working place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 28, 2016
It was fun working as graduate student. the environment was good. overall good staff. competitive. Projects were excellent and course work was awesome.
Instructor in the Justice Management Program (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 14, 2016
Great place to work, excellent management staff. I do not choose to write more and find your demand to do this is excessive.
Wonderful co-workers
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 14, 2016
I start my work everyday without anyone telling me what to do and not micro-managed. UNR is a wonderful company and school to work for. Parking is not good
Pros
free concerts and other things on campus
Cons
parking
Large University
Dir. of Operations and Business Development (COO) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2016
The University of Nevada - Reno is a large university with all of the opportunities you would expect. Good benefits. Great educational opportunitied.
Excellent College to attend
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 28, 2016
Although I only attended UNR for two semesters, I thought it was a great institution, and I would recommend any student to apply and visit.
Great place to work as a graduate student
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 24, 2016
Worked there for 6 years with different jobs, including teacher, graduate assistant, teacher assistant, graduate researcher. I worked underneath several different professors during my time as a graduate student. Overall it was a great experience.
Fun and tough at once.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2016
Learned to work in US culture and environment. Earned an experience to teach 40-50 students. Got motivated in research and development.
Good place to brush all the skills and programming languages
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2016
Guided students through projects and lab sessions for courses namely Database management Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Internet Security and Programming (C, C++ and RUBY).
Different experiences depending on the Department
Administrative Assistant/Student Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 20, 2016
I have worked in several different departments within the University, and depending on the department the experience can be anything from excellent to horrifying. The good thing about working at the University is that you can easily make contacts and move laterally to a department that has better management and co-workers.

My latest position was in the Office of Student Conduct, and my boss and co-workers were absolutely WONDERFUL.
UNLV is full of drugs and bad guys.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2016
Avoid the dorms at all costs. The dorms are full of drugs and crime.

The crime includes: prostitution, making fake drivers licenses, lots of under age drinking, lots of false fie alarms.
Pros
Fantastic Professors
Cons
Drugs and murders on campus.
School
Volunteer Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 26, 2016
Great University to attend. The professor were helpful and I learned a lot, I would recommended this school to anyone. They have lots of variations of classes to choose from
A good place to balance work, academic and personal priorities
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 11, 2016
The professors understand that we are Graduate Students and allow flexibility in terms of the work that needs to be done.
Pros
Flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Nevada. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5