University of New England Employee Reviews

I love teaching
CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 12, 2017
I love working at the University of New England because I enjoy teaching. It is a way of giving back and also keeping up with the evolving world that is dentistry and dental hygiene. There are different challenges each day on the clinic floor which is exciting and educational for the students and myself. Working as an instructor encouraged me to go back and obtain my Master's degree, which I now have.
Ok place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 7, 2017
UNE is a decent enough place to work. Great benefits, but, as is typical in a corporate setting, heavy politics help some people advance while others are held back. Too bad because other than that, it is a really nice place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much advancement opportunity
Review
Coordinator of Experiential Education (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 4, 2017
If a life in academia is what you are looking for, then this type of role may be just what you are looking for. The pace was relaxed and the management was as well.
Great opportunities
Research (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMay 29, 2017
Good place to work as a student looking for medical experience, I would recommend working in a research lab or another research type position as they've always been my favorite
hockey team position
Internship (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMay 24, 2017
Created community service and fundraising projects for the team. Events included Relay for Life, Brain Fair, and Biddeford telethon. This is only for varsity athletes on the team.
Poor management
Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 4, 2017
No responsibility was taken by management for issues that came about. They were quick to blame others for their own short comings and never resolved other problems that occurred in the office. The office dynamic was very hostile and the management staff ran the staff with a bullying mentality.
Pros
Good benefits packages
Cons
Horrible Management
pool table
Supervisor, Mass Spectrometry (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 3, 2017
If you don't mind all the politics, it can be a fun place to work.
Excellent café on site, relaxed atmosphere. Pay can be a sticking point and the vacation time is limited.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
political
New and upcoming, fun program!
Intramural Sports Head Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 20, 2017
Working for UNE's Intramural program on the Portland campus has been great because it gives the employees an opportunity to network with other professions, while being active and competitive.
Rewarding experience
Online writing teacher (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEDecember 21, 2016
UNE provided a positive and organized work environment online, with high and specific, yet, attainable expectations. Creating lessons to use online was guided based on principles established in an organized manner.
Fun workplace in athletics
AquaWise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MESeptember 8, 2016
I go in with time to workout in the strength and conditioning facility then meet with the Head coach for the Men's Soccer team as we plan practice and evaluate video. Practice goes for about two hours and then we do a video session with the players from the game before. I usually run the lads through fitness and conditioning and help to run technical drills.
Interpersonal, collaborative, opportunistic
Peer Tutor/Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMay 31, 2016
I had a lot of great opportunities working with UNE as a peer tutor. The administrative staff was supportive and great leaders of the time.
Bucolic setting, variety of responsibility, devoted colleagues.
Institutional Advancement, Gift Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, MaineAugust 13, 2015
Terrific and enthusiastic colleagues devoted to excellence. Mutually respectful, lively team players. Superb medical university.Medical benefits outstanding. Management lacking.
Pros
Best supervisor I've ever had, wonderful colleagues.
Cons
No merit pay increases and everyone complains about parking.
Work Study
Study Hall Monitor (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJuly 1, 2015
This was a work study job that was enjoyable. This job improved that academic success of student athletes.The management was very understand, and was available to work around class schedules.
Overall positive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJanuary 20, 2015
Worked as both student and work study. highly recommended.
Interacting with people from all over
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Admissions CottageDecember 1, 2014
As a tour guide I tour perspective students around the college campus. Perspective students can range from high school students, students looking to transfer, international students and cross country students. I have learned extensive information about the college. If there are no students to tour, I work in an office setting filing important paperwork and transcripts of students.
Pros
Free t-shirts, jackets, hats
hard work ,very rewarding
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Biddeford Pool, MESeptember 15, 2014
I was 6 mths pregnant when I started working at UNE I loved all my coworkers,Alot of work involved in housekeeping. a typical day started at 3 am with one or two academic buildings thouroughly cleaned till about six when students started theyre classes. then from six till 1 pm dorms.... dorms would vary daily alot of scrubbing and vaccuming but plenty of opportunity to meet diverse people.
Pros
benefits, courses available to employees for half price per class
Cons
unsteady management, and work load
Overall an enjoyable work experience
Fish Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMay 14, 2014
On a normal day, I would go into the Marine Science Center and retrieve a herring from the freezer. I would then remove the head and tail and cut the remaining part into bite-sized pieces. These would be fed to the marine organisms in the aquariums until all had eaten. Later on I was also given the task of cleaning algae from the sides of the Gulf of Maine tank. As this was a small group of people, I had few coworkers, all of whom were easy to get along with. Our supervisor is a thoughtful individual who concerns herself with our everyday well-being.
Pros
Fit easily around class schedule, worked with sea creatures.
Cons
Poor-quality scrubber often fell apart; hands smelled like fish afterward.
Good Workstudy Job
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJanuary 16, 2014
pretty easy just had to maintain the computer lab and make sure it was clean.
Fun and very busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MESeptember 6, 2013
Would punch in the afternoon and get things set up for dinner rush for the college students. Stock dishes, soda, switch out food, wipe down tables and chairs.
Learned how to better multi task on the job
Management was good they cared a lot about the safety of there employees and students.
Coworkers were fun to work with they enjoys there job and liked to have fun.
Hardest part of the job was trying to do it all six months pregnant.
Getting to work with and meet the students.
Pros
free food
Cons
can't think of any
Wonderful academic environment
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 21, 2013
UNE is growing rapidly making for very busy and full workdays.
Students and faculty are a pleasure to work with.
Lack of technical infrastructure can make the job difficult.