University of New England

University of New England Employer Reviews

Good Workstudy Job
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee), Biddeford, MEJanuary 16, 2014
pretty easy just had to maintain the computer lab and make sure it was clean.
Fun and very busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Biddeford, MESeptember 6, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: can't think of any
Would punch in the afternoon and get things set up for dinner rush for the college students. Stock dishes, soda, switch out food, wipe down tables and chairs.
Learned how to better multi task on the job
Management was good they cared a lot about the safety of there employees and students.
Coworkers were fun to work with they enjoys there job and liked – more... to have fun.
Hardest part of the job was trying to do it all six months pregnant.
Getting to work with and meet the students. – less
Wonderful academic environment
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee), Portland, MEAugust 21, 2013
UNE is growing rapidly making for very busy and full workdays.
Students and faculty are a pleasure to work with.
Lack of technical infrastructure can make the job difficult.
Great place to work!!!
Coordinator of Student Involvement (Former Employee), Biddeford, MEAugust 20, 2013
Great university that is growing with the addition of the College of Dental Medicine and continued innovation.
New UNE Program; Fun and Exciting
Administrative Assistant/Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, MEJuly 22, 2013
UNE College of Pharmacy was a new program that recently graduated its first class this past May. As an administrative assistant, it was a very exciting position to be in. Everyone worked as a team including the Deans and Directors.

I would have to say the hardest part of my job at UNE was creating the policies and procedures for the new program. Even – more... though it was a little difficult, it was also very exciting to be a part of it.

The most enjoyable part of my position at UNE was working with such dedicated and friendly co-workers. All of our hard work was so worth it when we were able to watch that first class graduate. – less
Great College to pursue your profession
Student (Current Employee), Biddeford MaineJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: great lectures
I am learning all about the human anatomy. I am learning how to treat people with muscular problems from a osteopathic mind frame. I get to take exams and quizzes from a proctored site.
Work study program.
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Biddeford, MENovember 28, 2012
I worked as a work study student for the academic IT department, and I loved it!
Grant-funded research
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee), Biddeford, MEJune 13, 2012
Pros: good work/life balance, ongoing education/lectures
Cons: i am allergic to my job (literally)
A typical day at work is training undergraduate students in basic lab skills, conducting various tests. I learned more about HPLC and microdialysis in this position and how to work with a diverse team of scientists.
A place of learning and deversity
Executive Assistant to the Pro Vice Chancellor (Former Employee), Armidale, NSWFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: education offered
Cons: long hours
Wonderful work environment, due to continuous education and knowledge shared by all. Encouraged to improve and commence many courses for self learning. Involved in many management decisions and contributed to administration requirements for all Department heads of the University. Hardest part of the job was maybe the long hours required.