University of New England

University of New England Employer Reviews

hard work ,very rewarding
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Biddeford Pool, MESeptember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, courses available to employees for half price per class
Cons: unsteady management, and work load
I was 6 mths pregnant when I started working at UNE I loved all my coworkers,Alot of work involved in housekeeping. a typical day started at 3 am with one or two academic buildings thouroughly cleaned till about six when students started theyre classes. then from six till 1 pm dorms.... dorms would vary daily alot of scrubbing and vaccuming but plenty – more... of opportunity to meet diverse people. – less
Overall an enjoyable work experience
Fish Caretaker (Former Employee), Biddeford, MEMay 14, 2014
Pros: fit easily around class schedule, worked with sea creatures.
Cons: poor-quality scrubber often fell apart; hands smelled like fish afterward.
On a normal day, I would go into the Marine Science Center and retrieve a herring from the freezer. I would then remove the head and tail and cut the remaining part into bite-sized pieces. These would be fed to the marine organisms in the aquariums until all had eaten. Later on I was also given the task of cleaning algae from the sides of the Gulf of – more... Maine tank. As this was a small group of people, I had few coworkers, all of whom were easy to get along with. Our supervisor is a thoughtful individual who concerns herself with our everyday well-being. – less
Good Workstudy Job
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee), Biddeford, MEJanuary 16, 2014
pretty easy just had to maintain the computer lab and make sure it was clean.
Fun and very busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Biddeford, MESeptember 6, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: can't think of any
Would punch in the afternoon and get things set up for dinner rush for the college students. Stock dishes, soda, switch out food, wipe down tables and chairs.
Learned how to better multi task on the job
Management was good they cared a lot about the safety of there employees and students.
Coworkers were fun to work with they enjoys there job and liked – more... to have fun.
Hardest part of the job was trying to do it all six months pregnant.
Getting to work with and meet the students. – less
Wonderful academic environment
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee), Portland, MEAugust 21, 2013
UNE is growing rapidly making for very busy and full workdays.
Students and faculty are a pleasure to work with.
Lack of technical infrastructure can make the job difficult.
Great place to work!!!
Coordinator of Student Involvement (Former Employee), Biddeford, MEAugust 20, 2013
Great university that is growing with the addition of the College of Dental Medicine and continued innovation.
New UNE Program; Fun and Exciting
Administrative Assistant/Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, MEJuly 22, 2013
UNE College of Pharmacy was a new program that recently graduated its first class this past May. As an administrative assistant, it was a very exciting position to be in. Everyone worked as a team including the Deans and Directors.

I would have to say the hardest part of my job at UNE was creating the policies and procedures for the new program. Even – more... though it was a little difficult, it was also very exciting to be a part of it.

The most enjoyable part of my position at UNE was working with such dedicated and friendly co-workers. All of our hard work was so worth it when we were able to watch that first class graduate. – less
Great College to pursue your profession
Student (Current Employee), Biddeford MaineJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: great lectures
I am learning all about the human anatomy. I am learning how to treat people with muscular problems from a osteopathic mind frame. I get to take exams and quizzes from a proctored site.
Work study program.
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Biddeford, MENovember 28, 2012
I worked as a work study student for the academic IT department, and I loved it!
Grant-funded research
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee), Biddeford, MEJune 13, 2012
Pros: good work/life balance, ongoing education/lectures
Cons: i am allergic to my job (literally)
A typical day at work is training undergraduate students in basic lab skills, conducting various tests. I learned more about HPLC and microdialysis in this position and how to work with a diverse team of scientists.
Get up, drink coffee, work on assignments.
Student (Current Employee), Armidale, NSWSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: getting to know new people
Cons: there is always an assignment that needs to be done.
Things I have learned as a student: Working under pressure of deadlines and word limits. Patience and respect for peers and lecturers. Have fun while working hard.
Productive, Friendly and Fun Workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Armidale, NSWAugust 4, 2014
Staff and patients are friends, working with a group of enthusiastic, easy to get on with people, who are based around achieving the same overall goal.
good
IT Client Services Practicioner (Current Employee), ArmidaleJune 1, 2014
A day at work consists of managing email and phone support requests for IT assistance, including troubleshooting network/internet faults, assisting with email and SOE's, and providing IT assistance for all technical issues.
A place of learning and deversity
Executive Assistant to the Pro Vice Chancellor (Former Employee), Armidale, NSWFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: education offered
Cons: long hours
Wonderful work environment, due to continuous education and knowledge shared by all. Encouraged to improve and commence many courses for self learning. Involved in many management decisions and contributed to administration requirements for all Department heads of the University. Hardest part of the job was maybe the long hours required.