University of New Hampshire

University of New Hampshire Employee Reviews

Productive work place in a close-knit community
Assistant Director of Athletic Communications (Current Employee), Durham, NHJuly 17, 2015
Enjoyable work place with supportive management for an entry-level position. The pace is demanding, but allowed individuals to grow and develop over time.
Housing and Residential Life
Residence Hall Director- Januray2015 (Former Employee), Durham, NHJuly 4, 2015
Very poor and outdated management style. Very close minded organization. They definitely think they know best and see no value in looking into what other trends are happening in higher education.
Educational Environment advancement opportunity
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Durham, NHJune 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Ability to make a positive difference in a students life as a freshman away from home living on their own for the first time.

Meeting people from many cultures.
Every Day was an Adventure
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Durham, NHJune 24, 2015
Pros: straight forward job
Cons: hours
During the college school year every day was the same with the same agenda. During vacations everything was different some days we would be cleaning others were for waxing floors.The issue is some people – more... were able to get away with doing less than others and were never reprimanded. Supervisors, some were fair others not so much. I loved working my overnights with my group because it was easier to get along. – less
Reception to the Dean
Dean's office assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMay 18, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor management
A typical day being a receptionist to the dean of the University of New Hampshire at Manchester would be to arrive and take down any messages left, answer the phone and transfer calls as needed, provide – more... assistance where available , and to run the mail through the machine for outgoing pickup. I learned more about my school and the employees there due to transferring calls. The management was not great as the manager of the job position was not available easily. I rarely ever saw other co-workers as we worked opposite shifts. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a multi-line phone during busy times like admission or registration time. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people find where they need to go or who they need to talk to. – less
Great environment to study
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHApril 14, 2015
The University of New Hampshire is a good place to work because the staff is very helpful and it provides a great learning environment.
New Experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), DurhamMarch 5, 2015
I'm currently a Teaching Assistant at UNH.
Being TA is a new and interesting experience for me. I enjoy helping student to understand programming languages and be able to solve real world problems
Great place to work.
Interim Dean (Current Employee), Durham, NHFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: long time to get things done.
Leading great people and advancing talented students at the Paul College is great honor. A great place to work. I would recommend work there.
Awesome boss
Market Research Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHJanuary 11, 2015
I had a great boss who gave me intriguing work to research, which I enjoyed greatly. It was a part time, work study job and I'm glad I was chosen to do it.
Friendly Environment
Academic/Student Services Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHJanuary 3, 2015
Employees are friendly; benefits are great. Balance between work and personal life is great. Very flexible. Great environment for learning and advancing. I appreciated the tuition benefit.
Fun place to work and live
Graduate Research Scientist (Former Employee), Durham, NHJanuary 1, 2015
UNH is a nice place to live and work. The campus is clean and people are friendly.
Informative and productive environment with a laid back feel.
Administrative Work Study- Veteran Services (Former Employee), Durham, NHNovember 24, 2014
Pros: occasionally free food, low pressure environment
Cons: minimum wage
I was able to learn much more about my GI Bill via working in the Veterans Affairs office. The Veterans Coordinator is extremely knowledgable about all possible scenarios. Hours are flexible to the work study's needs, they understand you are in school to learn. The office will let you take time to study for tests or other work if need be.
Evolving, productive environment
Congreve Hall Director's Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHAugust 13, 2014
Due to the constant flow of students who were often employees, there was always an opportunity to learn something new as well as from a different perspective. The University took care in making sure their students were treated as adults and gave ample opportunities for the ability to strive within ones job.
Wonderful work place
Lab Attendant (Former Employee), Durham, CTJuly 21, 2014
My typical day at work required me to update programs and computers while assisting students with any issues they were having. My boss was the nicest person I have met, and she taught me everything I had to know to succeed and do well.
Great campus with a good engineering program
Undergraduate Research Student (Former Employee), Durham, NHJuly 17, 2014
I majored in mechanical engineering at the University of New Hampshire. I found that the program did a good job of teaching their students to learn and think by providing a variety of different engineering courses. I enjoyed a lot of the classes and the professors but felt that there could have been more hands-on projects involved in the educational part of the experience.
Supportive workplace with close-knit employees
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHJuly 9, 2014
Fun environment where coworkers and management were accessible.
A great environment to grow
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, New HamsphireJuly 8, 2014
Pros: amtrak service to boston, great outdoors activities in the area, supportive environment
Cons: getting around without a car was difficult during breaks.
I had a great experience at UNH. It was different but not difficult moving from an urban setting such as Boston to NH. However, the town and campus had a lot to offer. Being an outdoor person that love – more... enjoying the natural environment I was in a great place, for hiking, kayaking, canoeing. My fellow Teaching Assistants (TA) along with the professors were helping and nice. I had a lot of support while working as a TA and the students were great and most were interested in the subject of oceanography. – less
Good while it lasted
Aquatic Coordinator (Former Employee), Durham, NHMay 20, 2014
I spent 5 yrs working for the university and I was able to get my masters at the same time. Overall I enjoyed working there but was ready to move on since there was no opportunity for advancement.
Office Assistant
Teaching Assistant Mycology Parasitology Virology (Former Employee), Durham, NHApril 29, 2014
Learning the inner workings of an office and helping to maintain organization and balance.
University of New Hampshire
Research Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NHApril 25, 2014
Pros: dairy bar
Cons: coastal nh weather
This is a wonderful place to work. The people are highly competent at every level and the facilities are in great condition.

1 2 3