University of New Hampshire

University of New Hampshire Employer Reviews

A great environment to grow
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, New HamsphireJuly 8, 2014
Pros: amtrak service to boston, great outdoors activities in the area, supportive environment
Cons: getting around without a car was difficult during breaks.
I had a great experience at UNH. It was different but not difficult moving from an urban setting such as Boston to NH. However, the town and campus had a lot to offer. Being an outdoor person that love enjoying the natural environment I was in a great place, for hiking, kayaking, canoeing. My fellow Teaching Assistants (TA) along with the professors – more... were helping and nice. I had a lot of support while working as a TA and the students were great and most were interested in the subject of oceanography. – less
Good while it lasted
Aquatic Coordinator (Former Employee), Durham, NHMay 20, 2014
I spent 5 yrs working for the university and I was able to get my masters at the same time. Overall I enjoyed working there but was ready to move on since there was no opportunity for advancement.
Office Assistant
Teaching Assistant Mycology Parasitology Virology (Former Employee), Durham, NHApril 29, 2014
Learning the inner workings of an office and helping to maintain organization and balance.
University of New Hampshire
Research Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NHApril 25, 2014
Pros: dairy bar
Cons: coastal nh weather
This is a wonderful place to work. The people are highly competent at every level and the facilities are in great condition.
productive workplace
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHMarch 28, 2014
the best part of the day is interacting with the students. You learn about them and vice versa. Cooking food to order for them and bulk cooking is the main priority. Some co-workers are great to work with but there is one that has to be the downer for all. Management could improve their communication skills but otherwise very approachable.
A busy workplace with helpful coworkers
Programming Assistance Center Consultant (Current Employee), Durham, New HampshireMarch 15, 2014
Pros: short shifts
Cons: some students were difficult to deal with
A typical workday at the Programming Assistance Center included providing students who were in classes for Java or C++ guidance with their programming assignments as well as assisting them through the debugging process. I was also responsible for providing students who didn't understand certain topics with additional one on one tutoring sessions.
Good place to study
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHMarch 13, 2014
Nice environment. Good Professors. Dining hall is the best.
Great program
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHJanuary 20, 2014
The Materials Science Program at the University of New Hampshire offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees to qualified students interested in interdisciplinary programs that emphasize the synthesis, characterization and utilization of nanoscale materials. Students learn about the interplay of structure, processing, characterization, and properties of materials – more... with useful applications. Our fourteen faculty members are active collaborators with research and development groups located around the world, and are experienced in managing research projects with practical results. Our graduates work in research, engineering and process development positions in a variety of fields. We welcome inquiries from prospective students and collaborators interested in the Materials Science Program and its resources. – less
fun people to work with
Cook one (Former Employee), Durham, NHJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free meals, great benefits
great place to work
fast paced
great group of people to work with
must be willing to work hard in very fast paced environment
Participant, EcoQuest Education Foundation (Former Employee), New ZealandNovember 23, 2013
This was a directed research project through the University of New Hampshire, EcoQuest foundation.
Great Workplace
Health Management and Policy (Former Employee), Durham, NHNovember 16, 2013
The University of New Hamoshire, is a fun exciting workplace, very flexible and supportive.
Productive and fun place to work
GIS Campus Planning Internship (Current Employee), Durham, NHNovember 4, 2013
Working with co-workers getting their ideas. Collaborating together. A great place to learn and gain skills.
Academia, its an amazing place!
Learning Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHOctober 27, 2013
I was a learning assistant because I wanted to! So I enjoyed it thoroughly, it also helped my while studying for the GREs.
Creating new protocols, laboratory techniques learned,
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHAugust 15, 2013
Autoclave equipment, collect cells and produce the appropriate media. Provide cell counts and procedure for culturing cells. I have learned cell culture techniques, aseptic techniques, along with leadership skills. Management was limited due to the nature of the research. Co-workers were very helpful and pleasant. The hardest part of the job was help – more... create a protocol for new cell culture. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a part of helping create a new protocol for the lab that will be used in the future. – less
Educational and Adaptable
Conference Coordinator (Former Employee), Concord, NHAugust 1, 2013
Pros: challenging, friendly, educational
Cons: constricted
I gained a lot of first-hand knowledge in dealing with the physically and mentally disabled. I was also able to gain helpful insight into what challenges they face when attending conferences/meetings and have been able to apply that to every meeting/convention I have managed since then.
Learned a lot!
Intramural Sports Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHJuly 1, 2013
as a grad assistant I had the opportunity to learn from great people and really prepared me to enter the professional ranks
Long hours but well worth the time
M.S. Graduate Research (Current Employee), Durham, NHJune 17, 2013
Receiving a B.A. at UNH seems to be a lot more work than other universities. I had the ability to work with each professor independently because the classes were small. In addition it is very easy to work as an undergraduate in a research lab early in your academic career.
AmeriCorps Position
AmeriCorps VISTA (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 7, 2013
Pros: excellent staff members
Cons: budget cuts
I have enjoyed working at UNH Manchester. The faculty and staff are great to work with and excellent mentors.
Tutoring
Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee), Durham, NHMay 5, 2013
Pros: consistant review of chemistry materials
I worked in the PLTL program. It was good the first year I did it. The second year it was not as great.
Undergraduate school
Independent Cancer Research (Former Employee), Durham, NHApril 24, 2013
Pros: beautiful town
I didn't do too much work there. A few months in one lab. Very interesting and fun work.