University of New Hampshire Employee Reviews

Graduate TA
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHJune 8, 2017
As a TA at UNH I taught both general and physical chemistry labs. Working for the faculty in both of these positions was great. Teaching the labs allowed me to interact with student and help them learn.
Top notch testing facility
Fast Ethernet Consortium Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHMay 25, 2017
I worked at the IOL while I was a student at UNH. It was an awesome experience to interact with vendors from numerous network companies while testing their devices for network interopability and conformance compliance.
UNH is my home away from home, great community and room for growth
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Durham, NHMay 22, 2017
I have been able to work for the university in both academic and community settings and I've loved every minute of it. My academic work is attributed to my work as the business school tour guide where I lead potential students and their families through the business school and show them the resources the building has to offer. My community employment at UNH comes from my work as a Residential Assistant in Stoke Hall, which houses 600+ students and I act as a role model for.
Pros
Housing and Meal plan paid for
Cons
Stressful situations, long hours
Quiet work place
Building Monitor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NHMay 8, 2017
Allowed time to do my own work while monitoring student athletes in a library setting. Depending on day, different athletic teams would be louder than others and would need to remove them.
Great location for graduate school, on the edge of genomic and bioinformatics, and diverse faculty
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NHMay 4, 2017
UNH has a lot of offer for master's and PhD programs in the field of molecular, cellular, and biomedical sciences. The faculty is diverse with plenty of room to find your own research interests.
Pros
Freedom to create your own project
Cons
Lacks a lot of structure
Great Campus
Information Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NHMay 2, 2017
Such a great school. The atmosphere is always great here. My job is at the center of campus therefore I get to interact with many different people all the time.
Great students but work
Tennis Team Coach (Current Employee) –  Durham, NHApril 25, 2017
This will feel like no work at all if this is your only position but adding this on top of your full time job is a lot on your plate. It's on average a 10-12 hours a week commitment plus at least a tournament a month that is a full day.
Pros
great students, traveling
Cons
more time than anticipated
Very interesting and exciting opportunity
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  DurhaApril 24, 2017
This was an unpaid summer internship. I was able to learn a lot from my mentors and will forever be grateful for the opportunity. I was able to assist in research and learn more about other individuals research in the lab.
Great to work for as a student
Cartographer/Researcher (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHMarch 11, 2017
As a student employed by the University, I was happy with the work that I was given and the opportunity that I had to further myself as a researcher and cartographer.
Good place to work, if you don't mind bureaucracy
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHMarch 1, 2017
Working at the New England center was a good first job to have, but since the people in control of the restaurant's operation were part of the University of New Hampshire and didn't actually work at the restaurant themselves management could come off as a little impersonal. Especially since any changes that were made were rarely discussed with anyone but the highest echelon of the staff members.
Pros
Free Meals, Beautiful Building/Location
Cons
Impersonal Management
Information Technology Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 27, 2017
This place is an all around a great place to work at. VERY nice benefit package and good reimbursement for the work requirements. Good work to life balance and overall very pleasant people to interact with.
Pros
You name it
Cons
I really cannot think of any...
Allowed me to work and pursue my dreams.
Composition Instructor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHFebruary 23, 2017
Essentially, this job paid a stipend for graduate students to teach basic English, rhetoric, academic research, and composition. It gave me what I needed to live so that I might pursue my MFA and achieve my publishing ambitions. I was encouraged to explore and refine my pedagogical style. There's a very supportive staff, and the department allows for the exchange of new innovative approaches to teaching fundamental reading and writing skills to undergraduate students.
Pros
Free Lunch at staff meetings. Personal Office. Great opportunity to teach/learn.
Cons
Much work is done outside of the classroom.
Flexible schedule with school
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NHFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work to gain experience in the lab. Introduced to many new things including UV, DOC, and turbidity readings. Everyone in the lab is very nice and fun to work with.
Dietetic Internship
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHFebruary 16, 2017
I was an intern here, so the compensation was not part of the program. The internship is well structured, and well run. The preceptors I had were all fantastic. I was able to experience all different areas of nutrition to help me explore the field.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long work hours at times
Good place to learn about potential career fields and have a chance to work in them.
Field Technician - Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHFebruary 10, 2017
Typical day at work involved running samples through various machinery after collecting it from field sites. There was a lot of traveling and improvisation required, never a dull moment.
The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable are one in the same, the environment is always changing and requires you to adapt as well as gives you the opportunity to try new things on a regular basis.
Pros
Relatively stress free environment, decent benefits/pay and fair treatment of employees.
Cons
Long days of field work in less than ideal weather conditions.
Great experience opportunity
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHFebruary 8, 2017
Greatly enjoyed my time as a TA and was able to gain valuable experience. I wish more students came to my office hours for help, so that I could teach them and myself. The hours worked great with my schedule and the department was very accommodating.
Pros
College credits, experience
Cons
No pay, Students rarely come to office hours
Graduate student work/life balance is tough
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHFebruary 8, 2017
As a graduate student, the best part of the job is the enrichment acquired through classes and eventually the research one works on within our fields of study. Being a graduate student itself is difficult when trying to balance life outside of work. However difficult the journey, it is worth the experience in the end.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
High fees, healthcare
Professional and rewarding workplace
Bus Route Driver and Bus Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 6, 2017
I was a line bus driver and I trained new drivers. I had great supervisors who were conscientious hardworking, and supportive. I enjoyed working with the college students and safely transporting them.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Great campus atmosphere
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHJanuary 22, 2017
UNH is a wonderful campus with many opportunities. New Hampshire has a lot to offer and candidates should really take a look at the Durham campus
Productive fun work environment.
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHJanuary 11, 2017
I would suggest this job to anyone willing to work outside all day. This job entails treating the turf fields before home games. Employees work well together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of New Hampshire. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3