University of New Hampshire

University of New Hampshire United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
GIS Campus Planning Internship (Current Employee), Durham, NHNovember 4, 2013
Working with co-workers getting their ideas. Collaborating together. A great place to learn and gain skills.
Academia, its an amazing place!
Learning Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHOctober 27, 2013
I was a learning assistant because I wanted to! So I enjoyed it thoroughly, it also helped my while studying for the GREs.
Creating new protocols, laboratory techniques learned,
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHAugust 15, 2013
Autoclave equipment, collect cells and produce the appropriate media. Provide cell counts and procedure for culturing cells. I have learned cell culture techniques, aseptic techniques, along with leadership skills. Management was limited due to the nature of the research. Co-workers were very helpful and pleasant. The hardest part of the job was help create a protocol for new cell culture. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a part of helping create a new protocol for the lab that will be used in the future.
Educational and Adaptable
Conference Coordinator (Former Employee), Concord, NHAugust 1, 2013
Pros: challenging, friendly, educational
Cons: constricted
I gained a lot of first-hand knowledge in dealing with the physically and mentally disabled. I was also able to gain helpful insight into what challenges they face when attending conferences/meetings and have been able to apply that to every meeting/convention I have managed since then.
Learned a lot!
Intramural Sports Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHJuly 1, 2013
as a grad assistant I had the opportunity to learn from great people and really prepared me to enter the professional ranks
Long hours but well worth the time
M.S. Graduate Research (Current Employee), Durham, NHJune 17, 2013
Receiving a B.A. at UNH seems to be a lot more work than other universities. I had the ability to work with each professor independently because the classes were small. In addition it is very easy to work as an undergraduate in a research lab early in your academic career.
AmeriCorps Position
AmeriCorps VISTA (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 7, 2013
Pros: excellent staff members
Cons: budget cuts
I have enjoyed working at UNH Manchester. The faculty and staff are great to work with and excellent mentors.
Tutoring
Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee), Durham, NHMay 5, 2013
Pros: consistant review of chemistry materials
I worked in the PLTL program. It was good the first year I did it. The second year it was not as great.
Undergraduate school
Independent Cancer Research (Former Employee), Durham, NHApril 24, 2013
Pros: beautiful town
I didn't do too much work there. A few months in one lab. Very interesting and fun work.
Great experience and really enjoyed being a resident assistant
Marine Ecology Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHApril 19, 2013
Would be required to work 20 hours a week. Learned and implemented leadership skills, time-management, responding to crises, building community, and creating programs. The Hall Directer served as a supervisor and was helpful planning socials and overseeing tasks. Worked with 8 other resident assistants in my building. Had to collaborate on socials and share duties with them. The hardest part of the job was getting residents involved in activities and solving any problems that they had. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was making a difference in their college experience
UNH was a solid school for learning important concepts but lacked resources
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHMarch 17, 2013
-lab mates were great to interact with

-learned to collaborate with others to meet project goals

-was independent while conducting research

-learned to organize my schedules and multi-task
cooking to order and interacting with guests
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHMarch 8, 2013
I set up a station for 2 meals, breakfast and lunch. Cook orders as they come up to us, omelettes in the morning and stir fry at noon. I batch cook as well, asian cuisine. We prep most everything that we serve to our guests. Cleaning throughout the day goes on between all workers.
Conservative Environment with focus on multicultural issues
Senior Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Durham, NHFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: free tuition and 1/2 for family
The process in Admissions is cyclical. I have learned a lot about higher ed. Management is updated. They need to retire. Co-workers are a great group. The most challenging part of the job is introducing new ideas without them being shot down immediately. I love working close to home and on a college campus.
Great environment with a lot of opportunity to flex your teaching muscles!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Durham, NHJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: great support staff and community.
Cons: adjunct work provides no healthcare and little pay.
I love working at UNH, they have given me the opportunity to teach introductory writing and constantly restructure my course as I see fit. The freedom they give you is refreshing and much different than what I hear from other universities.
Graduate Student at UNH
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHNovember 15, 2012
My experience at UNH was great. I enjoyed working with the faculty, staff and the many undergraduates that I came in contact with. I learned alot of skills that are valuable for the work place.
Productive workplace with open hours and friendly co-workers
Assistant Lab Manager (Former Employee), Durham, NHMay 24, 2012
Open hours
Many professors available to teach you
Built lab experiments
Managed classroom computers
UNH is a good place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHApril 23, 2012
UNH is a great place to work. The students are generally intelligent and deserve to be at a top notch institution like UNH. The Faculty is helpful and patient. You will find a great career at UNH.
Great place to build knowledge
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHApril 6, 2012
When working at UNH, I was either in class to assist undergraduate students with their quantitative and qualitative research proposals or I was conducting my own research for a professor in the Sociology department at UNH. Through this job, I learned how to use SPSS (a statistics program) to run a variety of statistical analyses. The professor I was a teaching assistant for and the one I was a research assistant for were extremely helpful in assisting me with anything I was unsure how to do. The hardest part of my job was learning how to explain different concepts to 50 students who all had different learning styles. I had to learn how to describe statistics and how to conduct quantitative and qualitative research in a variety of ways to make sure each student could understand. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing students get better at what they had no idea how to do before.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NHMarch 21, 2012
Universities are always good places to get jobs. They genuinely care about their employees
Overall it is good.
Research assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NHMarch 20, 2012
University of New Hampshire is a very good university but the salary is not very nice.