University of New Haven

University of New Haven Employer Reviews

Excellent to work with student and professor
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), West havenJune 5, 2014
Learnt a lot during the job.

Learnt to manage large group of students
Great place to work for.
IT Support Specialist/Network Engineer (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 4, 2014
Really good place to work. Manager was really encourage able. Really enjoyed working with the co-workers.
Great Place to work
RecSports Supervisor (Former Employee), West Haven, CTMay 27, 2014
I learned a lot while working at the Rec Center. I learned customer service skills, management over others, and time management.
Academic Intern
Communications Assistant Intern (Former Employee), West Haven, CTMay 8, 2014
The most enjoyable aspect of the internships was being able to see the effects of advertising campaigns on campus.
Great First Job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), new haven, CTApril 14, 2014
At UNH, a great learning experience working under professors and dealing with students was fun. Teaching was the best part.
interesting volunteer work for a symposium
Volunteer administrative assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, average break time
Cons: early start in the day
getting to be helpful in a country where I'm still adapting. it was for a short 3 days volunteer work.
Familiy Oriented Workplace
Administrative Clerk III (Current Employee), West Haven, CTJanuary 21, 2014
Very family oriented workplace, children and spouse can attend free for undergraduate degree. Great for personal and professional development.
Program Director and Program Coordinator assistant
Internship Student (Former Employee), Prato, TOSJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Working Hours 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Lunch break 1- 2 p.m.
Activities: Facebook page managing; web site managing; student assistance; planning of students activities.
Preformed purchasing duties, which made me aware of the difficulties of the job
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), West Haven, CTNovember 12, 2013
Pros: i discovered the importance of a purchasing manager, and how continuing spening and wasting money is not an option
Cons: more guidance on how to be a purchasing manager would have been prefered
Maintained a perpetual inventory order, which was used to purchase food and staple items weekly. Communicated with professors, team members, and advisors to ensure all items were purchased correctly. My General Manager and Assistant General Manager were also students, so our positions required for strong communication and teamwork. Our positions provided – more... us with a clearer understanding of budgeting, and how to avoid large waste costs. This position and purchasing was solely done by myself each week. I was required to purchase for the student operated restaurant and student run catering business on campus. – less
Excellent Faculty and Staff
Biochemistry Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTOctober 18, 2013
Pros: excellent/caring faculty
Cons: limited research funding
The University of New Haven is a great place to attend school, its big enough to support many things, but small enough to know the professors personally.
A very productive and learning work enviornment.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), West Haven, CTJuly 9, 2013
Since I am a student assistant to professors who are in the legal studies and criminal justice department, it allows me to learn more about my major along with networking with others who are familiar in the type of career i want to take part in.
Worked in University of New Haven
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJune 19, 2013
• Researched application of underwater robot in universities and its utilization in marine science, agricultural science and geology
• Designed some RoboCell's virtual robots projects for undergraduate students and taught them how to use RoboCell's virtual robots
• Helped professor organize RoboCell’s course
• Assisted professors teaching undergraduate – more... courses (Mechanical Vibrations, Thermodynamics, and Measurement Systems) and ensured that all equipment in laboratory work well – less
academic environment with lots of opportunities for learning
Grad Administrative/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTMay 25, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: n/a
Relaxed, flexible work environment. Great manager/mentors. Focused on learning and development.
Fun orginization
Vice President of Outdoorsman's Association (Former Employee), West Haven, CTMay 21, 2013
Pros: get to hang out with good people
Cons: didn't last long
It was a organization where people were able to go on trips such as hiking, fishing, etc.
Good school
Research Assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTApril 30, 2013
Nice facility and very productive education team. Great infrastructure and very nice library
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: 1/2 off from tuition and hourly wage
Cons: part-time
Enter data into immigration database, create folders, write letters, bring and organize events for students. Most enjoyable part was interacting with different students from all over the world and organizing events. The hardest part of the job was to stay extra hours and night during an event.
Overworked, Underpaid NO Work/Life balance in the Admissions Office
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), West Haven, CTDecember 5, 2012
Pros: you can save money while you travel as they expense gas, food, and hotel stays.
Cons: terrible compensation for time put in and terrible management.
Upper management does not base performance reviews on actual performance but rather personal opinions of you. They will work you to the bone and not offer any positive reinforcement. You can count on working days, nights, and weekends with no overtime or even an appreciative Thank You.

Luckily, they cover all travel expenses while you do your travel – more... to high schools and college fairs. Be prepared to sleep in different hotels on a nightly basis. You will work all day and night and then you will work some more. Hard work is a given with any job, but the way you are treated here will make you miserable. They will nit-pick at any little mistake you make but your hard and good efforts will not be acknowledged whatsoever.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being out of the office and working with students and families as they research potential colleges/universities. Another enjoyable aspect of the job is the admissions family you will create out on the road (other admissions counselors at other schools). Unfortunately, the culture is not the same within the office.

I would not recommend. – less
Great people to work with a good atmophere
Assistant Coach (Former Employee), West Haven, CTSeptember 19, 2012
Relaxed environment which gives freedom for the employees to work with their own ideas. Learned get organizational skills from mentors and work habits. The toughest part of the job was the extra hours
Positive would work there again!
University Website Assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTSeptember 19, 2012
I loved working for the University of New Haven. My coworkers were terrific and management was supportive.
Job During College
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTAugust 28, 2012
This job was good for a student and allowed for independence. My favorite part was when I volunteered my time to tutor both students and professors. The interaction was a lot of fun for me and I made some friends.