University of New Haven

University of New Haven United States Employee Reviews

Full time college student
Criminal Justice (Current Employee), West Haven, CTApril 9, 2015
Pros: great education, friendly people
Cons: not financially helpful, lack of helpful registration system
A typical day at the university consists of commuting from Waterbury to West Haven everyday for classes. It requires dedication. While being a college student, I learned that life is about responsibility and hard work in order to achieve something. Friends will not always be there to help another in time of need. Friends come and go but you will always have yourself to make your own choices and hustle in order to strive to be the best.
College has taught me that you must find a balance between studying and having a social life, otherwise, you will not feel happy. It's a good thing to acquire both for the reasons that you gain social skill, learn how to work with people, and elevate your mood when you are stressed from studying. College has taught me that the right kind of management of getting responsibilities done as well as being social will have a good effect on ones health. According to me, the most enjoyable part of being a student is being around my friends and getting good grades after my hard work has been payed off.
Best Place to work
Teaching Assistant- Computer (Former Employee), West Haven,CTMarch 3, 2015
The culture here will give you more confidence and make you able to work in team. Understanding of problems and debugging them is very helpful experience.
Productive and Fun
Office of Undergraduate Admissions (Former Employee), West Haven, CTFebruary 19, 2015
This graduate assistantship was a wonderful way to meet other graduate students and become an active member on campus.
review
Program Manager (Current Employee), West Haven, CTFebruary 10, 2015
The best place to work. The people are so friendly and the staff are always ready to help the students with any issues they may have
Exciting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTFebruary 6, 2015
I was an Administrative Assistant at the Graduate Office. This was a Graduate Assistantship for a time period. I learned about being a team player while at this position.
Productive and good work enviroment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), West Haven, CTFebruary 5, 2015
I help students with there classwork and during lab time. Help students study for tests and went of complex class materials when needed.
work summary
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJanuary 15, 2015
help professor prepare the course , and help professor's student do some project. i learned how to use robot arm and how to cooperate with students. the hardest part is leaning a new software to control the robot arm.
Productive fun place to work
Athletic Communications Intern (Former Employee), West Haven, CTDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks
Manage game day statistics, worked on website maintenance
very good experiance!!
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), west havenNovember 21, 2014
I am currently working as i am pursuing my masters. It is a great opportunity for which i have learnt many things, example time management, prioritization, how effectively your can finish your work, doing the work right at the first time. Initially i was appointed as a Graduate Assistant for only one trimester, since the management liked my effective way of working they extended my graduate assistantship. The hardest part of the job is that time management because i have to work at the same time i have to study but this hardest part of my job became my favorite part. I am a teaching assistant due to this my leadership quality has grown a lot. The most enjoyable part of my work is clarifying the doubts of the students.
Small college
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), west haven, ctNovember 14, 2014
The classes were challenging if you didn't put the effort into the class
NA
IT Support (Former Employee), West Haven, CTOctober 29, 2014
not bad, nice school and good TA benefit.
ok that is all,
i learn basic skill from this school
Productive class discussion with fun topics
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), West Haven, CTOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free class
Class was held on Wednesdays at 4:30 pm.
I would leave my last class then travel to the classroom on campus.
I would write the journal entry that will start off each class discussion. I got the chance to present my art next to the journal entry whenever I got out of my last class early.
My supervisor/ the official professor of the class was very nice and I enjoyed her company. We got along very well.
The college students liked me very much also, they loved that I was dedicated to helping them get off of academic probation.
I learned that although I am there to assist the college students with time management and fundamentals on how to be successful in college, I still have a lot of learning to do as well.
So the pro was that I got to learn more tips on how to be successful without having to pay for the class.
There were no cons, that was the best experience I have ever had.
Super fun to be a work study
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), West Haven, CTOctober 17, 2014
Pros: no pressure, pay
Cons: non so far.
As a work study, best part is they let you do your home work, at work.
No pressure, studies first and job next policy.
Good Franchise
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), West Haven, CTAugust 12, 2014
Pros: local
Cons: not too many clients
The gym was very local for me and great clients. There wasn't really too much for growth and some coworkers were unpleasant.
A friendly environment for optimal learning.
Admissions Counselor/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), West Haven, CTAugust 4, 2014
The University of New Haven was an excellent first job for me . It taught me how to balance my work and personal life. My role as an Admissions Counselor allowed me to travel, make difficult decisions and become extremely independent.
Very productive work place with energetic colleges
Automation club supervisor and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), West Haven, CTJuly 23, 2014
Senior electrical engineer with 13 years experiences in Automation, PLC programming, and Maintenance methods engineering (systems analyzer).
Worked for an automotive company for 13 years and cooperate with multinational companies since 2011.
Having academic studies in Control and Instrumentation (9 years relevant experiences), Electrical power transmission and distribution systems (4 years relevant experience), Communications (1 year experience)
Good job to have during school
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJune 12, 2014
Working in the CLR is not a bad place to work for some pocket change while at UNH.
Excellent to work with student and professor
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), West havenJune 5, 2014
Learnt a lot during the job.

Learnt to manage large group of students
Great place to work for.
IT Support Specialist/Network Engineer (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 4, 2014
Really good place to work. Manager was really encourage able. Really enjoyed working with the co-workers.
Great Place to work
RecSports Supervisor (Former Employee), West Haven, CTMay 27, 2014
I learned a lot while working at the Rec Center. I learned customer service skills, management over others, and time management.