University of New Haven Employee Reviews

Graduate Assistant
Athletic Intern (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 31, 2017
As a Graduate Assistant we are only allowed to work 20 hour work weeks tops. GA's were putting in 40 + hour work weeks but only getting paid for 15-20 hours. This was difficult to balance with classes.
Pros
management was great
Cons
pay
Very consistent to the job description
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 17, 2017
Lab prep was most of the job. The labs that I attended had students that asked questions that I answered. My only boss was the professor that coordinated the lab. There was another TA and we just split up the work and were pretty fair about the whole thing. Everyone got along so there were never any issues.
Pros
Direct Deposit, great coworkers and boss
Cons
Minimum wage
Culture depends on the department you work in; overall the people are hard working and collaborative
Director (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 17, 2017
The University of New Haven has grown exponentially in the last ten years. As the university has grown larger, so have the egos and bureaucratic nature of the workplace. Overall, it was a terrific place to work for, if you work with the right departments, as there is a siloed nature to the institution. The people are hardworking and collaborative, though occasionally you would have to work with someone who was close-minded and controlling, as in any workplace. Becoming a more competitive and cut-throat environment as the stakes get higher.
Too many TA's
Teaching/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 5, 2017
They school would hire too many TA's causing everyone to have less hours. The laboratory manager is a bit scatterbrained and caused lots of confusion a bit too often.
Very good working environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJune 23, 2017
International Service Office is responsible for taking care of international student visa and related service. USCIS often update different forms and rules so ISO has to catch up very quickly. The advisers and workers are friendly and welcome you to learn many things.
Relaxed environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTMay 6, 2017
I worked as a graduate student. Therefore, it was part-time work. It was relaxed and was balanced with my school work.

I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to work in academia.
Good job but supervisor keeps adding job requirements
Writer to Writer Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTApril 15, 2017
I love tutoring in the Writer to Writer program, but my supervisor keeps adding requirements and assignments that tutors have to do in addition to tutoring which we are not paid for.
the Hardest part of the job
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTApril 13, 2017
The hardest part of the job is like the deadline of the project and we have very little time to complete and to submit it the next day, it will be most stressful and have to done everything in the systematic manner and submit it to client without any objections.
Love working with the students and teachers are extremely nice.
Engineering Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTApril 9, 2017
With the immense amount of material engineering classes have to cover its hard to stop class for anyone to ask questions. Instead I can go over to answer their questions without disturbing class. I also help the students outside of class that need some extra help. My best memory from this was at the end of a semester and as he handed in his final the teacher asked, "How'd it go?" The student at me and replied, "GREAT, because of HIS help!" Which was super rewarding and I'll never forget it.
Great place to work - great people
Advance Practice Nurse Practitoner (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTFebruary 24, 2017
I work with very nice people and find the HR department very responsive. The campus is growing and there are always new initiatives to improve campus climate and learning. I would recommend working here to family and friends.
Pros
tuition benefit for yourself and family members
Cons
less pay than private industry
Place to learn
Pizzeria Manager - Hazell Nut Café (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTFebruary 21, 2017
It was a good place to gain management skills and be gain more knowlege of the hotel industry. Helps with time management and the importance of the work place
great place to work
International Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTFebruary 11, 2017
Enjoyed my job there helping students like me to adjust to the new environment. Inform the students on their current status and how to comply with the immigration status while here in USA.
Excellent work environment
Adjunct Professor Engineering Graduate (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTFebruary 6, 2017
Excellent university to work for with a productive culture. The students have a formidable relationship with the faculty, and a learning experience that combines academia and industry is highly promoted.
productive
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 26, 2017
management is smart and actively engaged in nurturing talent and pushing their employees. The values don't lie when they talk about moving fast, you will not have time to be bored.
Remarkable experience as my first job.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 3, 2017
Greatly helped me to learn managing time between academics and job. Students were attentive towards learning concepts. They brought me new problems which helped further learning subject profoundly.
Great and Caring
Graduate Learning Assistant - ARC (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTDecember 9, 2016
This institution is dedicated to it's employees and students. There is constant encouragement to pursue various avenues of exploration and learning, even in the work environment. Everyone goes out of their way to help others, and to continue improving. It is a great place to be!
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTDecember 8, 2016
It is a great to work if you are currently going to school there. i do not know if you are not going to school there i have never had that experience.
Fun environment with like-minded and focused individuals
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTNovember 15, 2016
After having attended and received my bachelor's degree from the University of New Haven, it was an easy decision to join the staff as a Graduate Assistant. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a diverse group of independent-minded student-athletes. The current staff is made up of individuals who are passionate about the success of the team.
Intern
Athletic Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 26, 2016
Great Internship opportunity while in school, showing me all different aspects of the industry. Was responsible for controlling all athletics social media platforms as well as planning all road trips working with hotels and restaurants. Performed game day operations as well showing my flexibility to work in any environment.
Great culture
Office of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTMay 16, 2016
I enjoyed working here in my time as a graduate assistant. Sometimes I had to work late nights, but it was something I signed up for and understood. There is a positive, collaborative culture at UNH.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of New Haven. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3