University of New Mexico Employee Reviews

Awesome place
Assistant Program Coordinator/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Gallup, NMAugust 5, 2015
it has given me wonderful expereince as i continue to work with UNM. safe environment which has allowed me to grow tremendously
Getting an education at UNM was really fun
Engine Team Engineer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2015
FSAE program is the most beneficial program I could have ever been involved with.

This program prepares students well for real life industry.
UNM
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 29, 2015
A very secure place to work. Had my Term Contract not come to an end I would still be there.

I am organized and detail oriented.
Fun and friendly experience
Administrative Assistant-- student (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 22, 2015
Pros: Networking
Cons: n/a
Student friendly and lively co-workers.
I was able to work with and meet many people from different division of the university.
I was able to get an better understanding of the college experience.
Information Technology Student Worker (Former Employee), Gallup, NMJune 10, 2015
a typical day at work was learning, meetings, communication and getting the job done. all of my co-workers were very helpful and wanted to pass on their knowledge.
UNM Gallup is a unique campus with many challenges.
Full Time Instructor (Former Employee), Gallup, NMJune 8, 2015
I began at University of New Mexico/Gallup in 1987.Most of the students at UNM Gallup were American Indian, mostly Navajo, the rest being predominately Zuni and Hispanic. I began teaching there after working with Navajo students at Dine College, in Tsaile, AZ. Teaching in a tribal college was a truly unique experience for me.

After leaving UNM Gallup in 2000 I taught for awhile at Navajo Technical College, in Crownpoint, New Mexico, and also for a couple of years at Pueblo Community College, which has a campus at Ignacio, a settlement of Ute Indians.

My shift from eastern colleges and universities was a challenge, but I survived it successfully. My latest transition is now at a nearby campus, UNM Valencia, where I tutor English for a group of Mexican learners. I underwent ESL training at UNMV to prepare me for this challenge.

I am a energized worker. I am tolerant and adaptable to new conditions. I am a skilled communicator and able to motivate others to overcome sometimes difficult tasks. I work with others patiently and clearly. Those were the characteristics of my work at UNMG, Pueblo and Crownpoint.
Productive and great place to work.
Hyperbaric Unit Volunteer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great people, great company.
Cons: Healthcare
Working for a state hospital company there is a lot to learn each day, as each day passes you will meet customers from all over the world, you will speak with them from different countries, from down the street, you will see employees come in town from other states, they are very nice and its always a pleasure to see them. Its a big family. You learn A LOT.
Great compensation for graduate students, bad work culture
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2015
Pros: modest but livable stipend and benefits
Cons: difficult people
I was employed as a graduate student, and given I was giving part time work compensation and benefits were fantastic. But for the most part the work culture is unfriendly and superiors can be difficult to work with.
Fun and Quiet place to work in.
FINANCE DEPARTMENT INTERN (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 14, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: No cons
I had to help clean offices and sort out document's and unwanted papers. Maintain good time going to work such as being on time. shred unwanted paper's.
Great University
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 6, 2015
Pros: greay pay, tuition remission
Cons: a lot of training
they pay for tuition allowing their employees to continue their education. organized and orderly work schedule. a lot of training but is worth it in the end
Great University and fun place to be
Student Athlete (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 1, 2015
Pros: facilities, relationships
Cons: different coaches
Being a student athlete at the University of New Mexico is an experience I will never take back. Although the inconsistency of head coaches is ever changing, the relationships and molding of becoming a better man is something I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I loved everything about this time, the part I disliked the most was the experience of going through a new coach every year or two.
Human Tissue Research Lab
Superintendent (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great team work at this site always wiling to help out
Cons: none
I help remodel a lab at the University of New Mexico. It was a great site to work for. It was a challenge to fit some of the lab equipment in its place but I came up with a little mods it all fit
staff is treated poorly
Lab Animal Technician (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 21, 2015
do not work here unless you want to be compensated poorly. low pay for staff. Evil administration hates employees does not want employees to have a comfortable salary
Instructor and researcher
Instructor (Former Employee), Departments of anthropology and statisticsFebruary 25, 2015
Strong research and statistical skills. PHD in anthropology and masters in statistics.

Taught more than 30 classes at UNM where I was the instructor on record.
Cool Place to work while studying!
Student Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 19, 2015
Less Pressure, wonderful atmosphere, ability to learn gradually with studies. Co-workers are friendly, supporting and helpful. UNM provides a wonderful workplace, however it depends on the department and the staff around you!
Place to learn and explore
WEB DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 16, 2015
Pleasant work environment with many helpful hands around.
Stress free work, enabling every one to learn and explore new things.
Knowledge Transfer
Computer Programmer (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueFebruary 11, 2015
Knowledge transfer session had helped me learn lot of things,right from getting to know about the project as well how to go well in a team,problem solving strategies,sharing your ideas and getting a feedback on them.knowing your mistakes and ways to overcome them.
Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 5, 2015
I enjoyed the opportunity I was given to work for UNM. It was humbling to work in this department, considering I had not planned on being in this position for as long as I did.
Fun place to work at, great environment too
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2015
I did my exchange program here in 2010. It has a great Electromagnetics research lab. Very helpful advisor and co-workers.
Great environment to work in
International Programs Coordinator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2015
Every day activities involved planning for the incoming group from Mexico to Albuquerque. Everything from negotiating the cost of hotel, transportation, recreational activities, food to expediting offer letters to present at USA Embassy for their student visas.