University of New Orleans Employee Reviews

Multicultural environment full of nice people
Mobile App Developer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2017
It was very good experience to be a pet of University of New Orleans for 3 and half years. I got a chance to learn a lot not only related to my studies but also about other countries and their culture.
Restoration of Didelphodon Cast
Paleontological Technical Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 2, 2017
Little supervision necessary to complete restoration. Could come and go as I pleased. Excellent opportunity to work with laboratory equipment.
I liked working here
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 24, 2016
The culture is tight-knit and people want you to do well. I felt supported and grew in my time at the university. My coworkers were great, smart, and fun.
Productive and excellent workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 10, 2016
Excellent workplace, flexible schedule, great work environment, extremely good tutorship, good location and many facilities that makes the work easier.
Pros
Flexible
Great people
Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 12, 2016
Wonderful co-workers, but due to financial difficulties most staff employers are doing multiple jobs for the pay of one person. However, overall it is a nice place to work.
Great university.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 2, 2016
Pros
Great University.
people are very nice.
Good Benefits
Great Opportunities to Grow
Innovation
Cons
More participation in stocks
equal benefits for all
Student worker
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 24, 2016
Really great benefits and great pay. Good job to get you through college and really great for upper management. Good job security as well.
Rewarding
Freshman Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 13, 2016
I love helping students fulfill their dreams of going to college and earning their degree. I would help students apply and after they admitted I would guide them to what their next steps were, and help them figure out how o pay for college and apply for financial aid. It was nice to have the same students calling me semester after semester with questions that didn't pertain to me because they knew I would help them and they trusted and depended on me. If I didn't know the answer to their query I would find out and call them back. It was amazing to see them from their first semester of applying and then several years later graduating. It is a gratifying experience.
Pros
Friendly staff and co-workers, heatlhcare, benefits
Cons
No room for advancement, or raises after 10+ years (newer staff hired at higher salaries for my same postion)
Worked with students
Academic Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 11, 2016
Great working front desk for students with questions. Very family oriented. Learned many computer skills. Maintained database of students.
Pros
Very respected
Cons
really no cons that stand out in mind
Teaching assistantship is more about experience than pay/benefits
Head Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 28, 2016
If you are a teaching assistant expect to be paid less than $20k/year with no benefits. This job is more about getting as much experience as possible while making lasting relationships with your professors.
Productive and fun to learn place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New OrleansJune 20, 2016
Great learn environment with good friends. Great classes and some professors are very good. Small number of classes to choose but some classes are great.
Great for students
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 17, 2016
Short shifts
research techniques
great supervisors
fun co-workers
dealing with public patrons
dealing with students
Pros
short shifts
Cons
amount paid
Fun, open environment
Administrative Assistant 5 (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 28, 2016
What I enjoy about working for the University of New Orleans is the open communication. Co-workers are helpful and honest without being critical. Management has an open door policy and are willing to allow time for family obligations , vacations and education opportunities.

There are staff appreciation days and the ability to speak to the highest level of administration without trouble and they willing and openly accept any suggestions, listen to grievances and appreciate those who go above an beyond regularly.
Pros
Ample parking, paid holidays, family-friendly work enviornment
Cons
Healthcare, short staffed facility management
UNO has helped shape me into a better reseacher
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 16, 2016
Professors are very nice and helpful, and courses are useful. In addition, there are a lot students from different countries.
Viable option for a student
graduate assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2016
Yet being a student and working hard on degree, it's crucial to have some sustainable source of income for covering up living costs. The UNO provides flexible terms for Graduate Assistant positions, that allow for non-stressful combining work and classes. The most valuable benefit is not being bound to the workplace. One can optimize the workload and manage days according with his/her needs. The work tightly related to the major(Computer Science), which highly amplifies the overall quality of education as one has to deal with non-trivial challenges and solve real problems. The management and co-workers are really easy-going and upon a call willingly give a hand and do the best to catch you up.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low $
Great place to work while in school
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 23, 2015
A typical day at work involves running engineering analysis while being able to study for courses that I'm enrolled in. I run a column settling test, and the first day is usually a 14 hour day with some downtime in between. The job is located on campus, so it does not interfere with my classes.
Challenging workplace with little potential for advancement
it coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 4, 2015
Work hard to please clients as quickly as possible. Tasks range from very simple to very complex technical issues. Patience is vital.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
it's all about numbers
Helping people know their way around UNO
Help Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 3, 2015
The main part of the job is to sit in a seat at the desk, greet and help fellow students or guests know their way along the campus. Ive learned to communicate effectively and produce information to "customers". When there isnt much to do, we sometime have the oppurtunity to do school work in between helping people. The co-workers I have are a mixed bag; some do schoolwork, some talk a lot to their friends who come by the front desk, and some are diligent with their time and work.
Pros
Get homework done, communicate effectively, and get to meet interesting people
Cons
low wages, not enough money per month to pay for rent, and sometimes ignorant people.
Teaching undergraduates the Introduction to World Politics class
Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 21, 2015
It was great. Teaching about 40 undergraduates the Into to World Politics class. Unfortunately, the budget for UNO has been cut repeatedly.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Coordinator 1 (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2015
My typical work day are sometimes busy. I have learn a lot about the TMA System and payroll system. My co-workers are fun to work with. The hard part of my work is putting invoices into TMA System and the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of New Orleans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3