University of New Orleans

University of New Orleans Employer Reviews

This was a great school.
Administrative Secretary to Dean of Student Life (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: private fun atmosphere.
Cons: not conveniently located close to home.
The position I held while working for the University of New Orleans assisted and prepared me for the jobs I obtained after life at UNO.
Internship
Staff Writer, Photographer, Intern (Former Employee), New OrleansJuly 15, 2014
Pros: experiencing new people, places, and things
Cons: no advancement, benefits, pay, etc.
I completed my internship at the University of New Orleans writing for their newspaper the Driftwood. I attended the weekly meeting every Tuesday at 11 for an hour. I pitched ideas for stories. I would get my assignments for my stories. I would conduct interviews for my stories and go out and experience my stories. I mostly wrote reviews for bars, restaurants, – more... food, movies, drinks, and things to do in New Orleans. I would write and edit my story and turn it in before deadline. Then, the week routine would start over. – less
Not too hard but must be careful
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2014
Pros: not too hard
Cons: low income
Need to do a lot correction of homeworks, quiz, tests. But really good to talk in front of students for several classes. Not very hard job but the pay is really low.
Busy
Surveyor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 18, 2014
Pros: 15 minute paid break every hour
Cons: not enough hours, and the job was only 1 1/2 months long.
A typical day at this job was to go in a classroom everyday for 3-4 hours, and call residents back to back that lived in New Orleans during hurricane Katrina and try to see if they will take a survey, type all the answers to the questions I asked, and memorize answers to the typical questions most residents ask before they take a survey. I learned how – more... aggravating surveyors must be, but also how to conduct and analyze a survey. My manager stood in front of the classroom and was there everyday incase anyone needed help. The hardest part was trying to get the resident to finish the survey because they take about 30 minutes to complete and a lot of people hang up half way through it. The most enjoyable part was getting a resident to actually complete the entire survey. – less
Great Opportunity
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 7, 2014
Pros: good student job
Cons: no benefits
I learned all of my basic laboratory techniques at UNO. This first job opened up many future opportunities for me.
Review for University of New Orleans
Instructor of Record (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: numerous budget cuts
In my role as Instructor of Record while a graduate student I enjoyed working for the university. I find the university environment to be enjoyable, although I am not a full time instructor.
good
Office Manager (Former Employee), new orleansMarch 27, 2014
Great place to work.Everyone easy going, I enjoyed working there.
Challenging
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 20, 2014
Had the chance to broaden horizon on the fields Electrical Engineering.
This helped me decide if I wanted a PhD or not
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 15, 2013
Enjoyed the experience of researching as undergraduate. Discovered the rigor that goes in publishing technical papers. Excellent teammates and great time.
EMBA Program in PR
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRDecember 3, 2013
The University of New Orleans (UNO) had a started a EMBA program in PR in 2005. I had the opportunity to recruit and work UNO-PR for four years. I worked on a typical day handling student issues, working with media vendors and organizing Open House events to attract new students.
Graduate Assistantship Position
Research Papers (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 11, 2013
My Advisor gave me an oppurtunity to conduct research for a U.S Naval Warfare project.
Student
student (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 28, 2013
I was a student at uno for the past two years. there I learned to do basic accounting and finance tasks.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2013
I am pursuing my PHD degree here. As an graduate assistant, I am doing research and teaching here.
Excellent teachers and excellent students.
Excellent Educational Environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Department of Computer ScienceJuly 24, 2013
University of New is an excellent educational institute. Working here is a pleasure. My co-worker are excellent in what they do. A typical day at work is full of research activities.
Great place to work.
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 8, 2013
Inspecting and testing fire extinguishers in every building at the University of New Orleans,
College
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 24, 2013
It was a student worker position> I had to leave because I studied abroad
Excellent Work Place
Adjunct Professor, (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 24, 2013
Pros: classrooms well maintained
Cons: parking difficult at times
Excellent company to work for! Very nice administration. I have enjoyed all aspects of my work at this university and know many others who have worked here feel the same.
Good benefits
Computer Training Specialist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2013
I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of new and interesting people. Benefits are great and scheduling is flexible.
University of New Orleans
Verification Officer (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 4, 2013
Pros: good starting place for your career
Cons: not the best salaries
Ok place to work. Not a whole lot of opportunities to move up but generally a good place to get your career started.
Student Worker
Desk Assistant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 20, 2013
Pros: learnt how to shelf the books.
Cons: it was a hard job. shelving was difficult.
I was a library student worker at the Earl K. Long Library. My main work was to help the library users help to find them with the books they were looking for. If they had a proper code for the book, I would go to the shelf and find it. If not I would look for the code, and help them. Also, I shelved the books according to the standard shelving criteria – more... of the library. – less