University of New Orleans

University of New Orleans Employer Reviews

Good school in exotic city
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), new orleansSeptember 23, 2014
Really nice school in a amazing city. Nice and exotic city. Do not miss bagnet at Cafe Dumonde.
Very enriching enviornment
Teaching Assistant for a General Chemistry Lab (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: student enrichment
Cons: lab manual had faults
I would not work everyday, but I would teach every Tuesday for about 3 hours. I would also tutor 2 days during the week for any students who had questions.

I have already taken this lab class, so it was easy to proctor and follow the lab manual. I learned in more depth how to answer the questions posed in the lab manual and how to also work them. I – more... also learned safety aspects that are needed in a chemistry laboratory. Management came from one of my former professors and a former TA who were very helpful. My co-workers were also very friendly and helpful when I needed explainations or help. The hardest part of the job would be the grading as well as attending school myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and allowing other students to grasp concepts and succeed. – less
College Environment
Student Assistant, (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 8, 2014
Worked with students and help with computer programs. Assisted students with projects and computer programs.
Primarily Data Entry
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 19, 2014
I love data entry and the position allowed for such abundantly.
Valuable Experienced Gained
Instructor - Physical Geology (Former Employee), New OrleansJuly 22, 2014
Complete Course Design & Implementation, lectures, notes, tests, tutoring, administered grades

Taught geologic & geophysical skills such as basin interpretation, mapping, subsurface mapping, cross-sections, seismic interpretation, well log correlation
This was a great school.
Administrative Secretary to Dean of Student Life (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: private fun atmosphere.
Cons: not conveniently located close to home.
The position I held while working for the University of New Orleans assisted and prepared me for the jobs I obtained after life at UNO.
Internship
Staff Writer, Photographer, Intern (Former Employee), New OrleansJuly 15, 2014
Pros: experiencing new people, places, and things
Cons: no advancement, benefits, pay, etc.
I completed my internship at the University of New Orleans writing for their newspaper the Driftwood. I attended the weekly meeting every Tuesday at 11 for an hour. I pitched ideas for stories. I would get my assignments for my stories. I would conduct interviews for my stories and go out and experience my stories. I mostly wrote reviews for bars, restaurants, – more... food, movies, drinks, and things to do in New Orleans. I would write and edit my story and turn it in before deadline. Then, the week routine would start over. – less
Not too hard but must be careful
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2014
Pros: not too hard
Cons: low income
Need to do a lot correction of homeworks, quiz, tests. But really good to talk in front of students for several classes. Not very hard job but the pay is really low.
Busy
Surveyor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 18, 2014
Pros: 15 minute paid break every hour
Cons: not enough hours, and the job was only 1 1/2 months long.
A typical day at this job was to go in a classroom everyday for 3-4 hours, and call residents back to back that lived in New Orleans during hurricane Katrina and try to see if they will take a survey, type all the answers to the questions I asked, and memorize answers to the typical questions most residents ask before they take a survey. I learned how – more... aggravating surveyors must be, but also how to conduct and analyze a survey. My manager stood in front of the classroom and was there everyday incase anyone needed help. The hardest part was trying to get the resident to finish the survey because they take about 30 minutes to complete and a lot of people hang up half way through it. The most enjoyable part was getting a resident to actually complete the entire survey. – less
Great Opportunity
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 7, 2014
Pros: good student job
Cons: no benefits
I learned all of my basic laboratory techniques at UNO. This first job opened up many future opportunities for me.
Review for University of New Orleans
Instructor of Record (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: numerous budget cuts
In my role as Instructor of Record while a graduate student I enjoyed working for the university. I find the university environment to be enjoyable, although I am not a full time instructor.
good
Office Manager (Former Employee), new orleansMarch 27, 2014
Great place to work.Everyone easy going, I enjoyed working there.
Challenging
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 20, 2014
Had the chance to broaden horizon on the fields Electrical Engineering.
This helped me decide if I wanted a PhD or not
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 15, 2013
Enjoyed the experience of researching as undergraduate. Discovered the rigor that goes in publishing technical papers. Excellent teammates and great time.
EMBA Program in PR
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRDecember 3, 2013
The University of New Orleans (UNO) had a started a EMBA program in PR in 2005. I had the opportunity to recruit and work UNO-PR for four years. I worked on a typical day handling student issues, working with media vendors and organizing Open House events to attract new students.
Graduate Assistantship Position
Research Papers (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 11, 2013
My Advisor gave me an oppurtunity to conduct research for a U.S Naval Warfare project.
Student
student (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 28, 2013
I was a student at uno for the past two years. there I learned to do basic accounting and finance tasks.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2013
I am pursuing my PHD degree here. As an graduate assistant, I am doing research and teaching here.
Excellent teachers and excellent students.
Excellent Educational Environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Department of Computer ScienceJuly 24, 2013
University of New is an excellent educational institute. Working here is a pleasure. My co-worker are excellent in what they do. A typical day at work is full of research activities.
Great place to work.
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 8, 2013
Inspecting and testing fire extinguishers in every building at the University of New Orleans,