University of New Orleans Employee Reviews

School
Librarian (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 13, 2017
Job is secured which is very good, Librarian job is flexible also. Got time to study and read. Co-workers and manager are friendly people, I would recommend the job to someone who likes to read and put everything in order. The job is relaxing.
Pros
Relaxed and secured
Cons
Depends on how people think of it, for me, it's kinda boring because I don't have much thing to do.
Dont go down with the ship
POA (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 5, 2017
Total mismanagement. Hire from outside only to have those people leave with in a few months. Refusal to promote from with in causes frustration and assist in individuals decision to relocate away from the institution.
excellent work envoirment
Master Electrician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 5, 2017
I really miss my job as master electrician. I feel I could accelerate in a similar role. I think outside the box and was a very good fit for the workplace.
Pros
1 hour lunches with 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
bad management
Graduate Assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 3, 2017
During the years that I attended a GA placement was very competitive and provided a tuition remission with a modest hourly rate of pay. The work was rewarding and allowed me to engage with my coursework.
Pros
Tuition Remission
Cons
Highly Competitive
Fun work place
Graduate Assistantship (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for the University of New Orleans and would go back to work there immediately. The atmosphere was very laid back and the people I worked with were very casual and good to be around
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 27, 2017
Great place to work at.
I would recommend working here. All other research undergraduates were great and helpful and I learned a lot from working here.
Its a different experience Studying and working though I was paid less.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 18, 2017
UNO is a good school and the work location is good too.It is always a different experience working and studying . The most hardest season of the Job was summer 2017 where i had too much of work day and night.
University of New Orleans
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 30, 2017
I've enjoyed my experience with UNO. The professors are knowledgable and very helpful. The projects are largely environmentally focused, which I found to be very rewarding.
Good times & others
Police Officer 2A (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 16, 2017
The University of New Orleans was an overall good experience despite the in-house dysfunction from up top. I learned a lot from veteran law enforcement officers and advanced myself through many of them. I was thankful for the years of working there and I would hope that one day the department could be well off.
Pros
A decent university environment
Cons
A relaxed and enjoyable work environment that allows you to work and learn
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 12, 2017
Work days were a mixture of daily tasks and certain more specific jobs dependent upon the situation. I was given my own private office to do both office work and school work. My advisors were friendly and helpful, if sometimes difficult to get in contact with.
Productive and helpful professors
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2017
Faculty are helpful and provide a very informative guidelines for both teaching and researching. Good place for working with professional professors and colleagues.
Fun
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 29, 2017
It is great and good experience. You learn how to guide prospective students through their first year at the University of New Orleans. You get paid a stipen.
Great Place
LaHIPP Medicaid Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 20, 2017
I do not with to provide a review for this company. I never had to do this before. All I can say is that my job is great, so I cannot write a review about this entire company based on that.
Treats faculty very poorly
Professor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 19, 2017
The city is appealing; the University is a disaster. The state has no interest in funding it properly, and it is top-heavy with STEM-minded administrators.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Salaries (last faculty raise was in 2005)
One of my favorite jobs - great work environment, great experience.
Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2017
While in school, I worked in the SCAN Lab at UNO, being trained on lab techniques, data input, participant collection methods, etc. I learned a lot of interesting information while there, and my manager (professor) was easy to talk to and help me with any problems I came across. Definitely recommend getting a lab position here.
Productive workplace with helpful environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 8, 2017
A great place to work. All of my colleagues were just awesome. There were loads of collaboration between supervisor and employees. Anyone would enjoy working in this beautiful and diverse workplace.
Student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 8, 2017
was a student worker so can't give a review about the actual staff there. But as a student worker, i liked working there. Best part being allowed to choose your own schedule.
A day in the life
eligibility coordintor (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 23, 2017
A typical day as an eligibility coordinator for the University of New Orleans is quite busy. There's a lot of learning involved and you must learn it fully before you can do your job correctly. It takes several months to learn it all before you can make a good determination if eligibility.
Pros
Allow time off when needed
Cons
Pay is low
Great Place to Work
Web Developer for University Website (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 22, 2017
You can have good opportunity to balance course work and job. You get many opportunities to work in your proficient profile which helps in your career development.
Productive and very enjoyable workplace
Internship Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 22, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be walking in to students lined up at the desk and the phone ringing constantly. I have learned how to deal with any and every kind of personality. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure the student knows and understands what they need to do to succeed.
Pros
flexibility of the schedule