University of North Carolina at Charlotte

University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employee Reviews

Good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2015
good place to study. good exposure and growth. Great place to work as a team member. Interesting projects to work on and great assistance from professors
Accounting Technician
Accountant (Student Loans) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Working on the campus working with students.
Cons: Opportunity for growth.
Balance student loan records. Assist students with student loan inquiries. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with students. Working at UNC-Charlotte was a great experience. Working with co-workers, the staff at the University and students.
UNC-Charlotte
Field Research Assistant, Availability and Sales (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2015
As I may not be the biggest fan of this University, I have to give them credit for their environment. I see their improvements, and the rise of what will indeed be a great university.
Laidback Environment with interesting coworkers.
Language Resource Center Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2015
Pros: Not long hours, working with fellow students
Cons: Pay not very substantial
This was a job as part of the Federal Student Work/Study program offered at many universities and college campuses. Most of the job encompassed assisting teachers with scheduling classrooms, renting out film equipment to students and explaining proper use of equipment, and assisting students with computer based problems such as hardware or software issues.

I learned how to troubleshoot certain computer problems I had never encountered prior and how to communicate more effectively with the public in a job setting.

My supervisor was very patient and kind to all of us employed. What made the job most enjoyable was working with fellow students who shared some of the same aspirations and interests which made work an altogether amiable environment.
Not bad
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2015
Pros: Teaching Assistant is always good to remember your language
It's not bad environment since teachers there are all nice
You will just work on grading homework, assisting teachers in class
Great
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2015
Great and fun place to work. Lots of great and new opportunities available to advance in your career or education. Very friendly faculty members and staff.
Great School
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2015
Teaching Assistants at UNCC are given much support and guidance from lab coordinators. Helpful in understanding basics of teaching requirements for academia.
excellent place for exploring your talents
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2015
8am to 5.30pm job, process and product engineering, should be self motivated and driven to take up new challenges, face clients query, handle site issues.
Work Culture
Student Linux Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free trainings
Cons: monthly salary not biweekly
Work Culture at my current workplace is amazing.I can work with freedom of my thoughts and process work.My co-workers especially my Boss is very understanding and always encourages me.I have good learning from here to stay calm in panic situations.
Good academic experience in teaching
Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Great environment and professional lecturers and department employers have helped me to gain and improve the essential skills required for teaching assistant position and obtain a valuable experience.
Great experience
Programmer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 18, 2015
Great experience while studying and working there as undergrad, strongly recommend
Great Learning Environment
Risk Management Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2015
This was a great learning environment for a student interested in risk management. My former supervisor recently was the National President of PRIMA. The Risk Analyst I worked with has in excess of 20 years experience in Insurance. I learned to allocate insurance premiums to funds and reconcile the University's schedule of property with insurance invoices. I was attend meetings with various department heads and learn how risk management works.
Great people and fun job
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2014
Working for UNCC's Housing and Residence Life is great. The best parts of the job is the people you are able to work with and the people you get to meet as you are the leader of an area. The hardest part of the job is having to be firm on residents when they have not followed the rules of housing or the law.
Productive job for a working part-time student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great understanding of fluid dynamics subject, student interaction.
The Research Assistant job At University of North Carolina at Charlotte, with the Mechanical Engineering and engineering science department was a fun job.

It included developing of Fluid Mechanics class demonstration experiments for the undergraduate students.

Being a student and knowing what actually students interest is, working on this job was great, and ease in working.

Because of research in – more... developing simple experiments using simple available equipments in Hobby stores, helped in understanding the detailed topics in Fluids subject

Performing and demonstrating at Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM Education Coalition) program for High school students was great to learn about interesting facts about Science.

Overall it was, a very great opportunity to work for this job, while earning your Masters degree ,learning the basics and knowing some interesting facts about Science. – less
a stable and ordinary job
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free pring
Cons: small office rooms
if you like job security and working environment,
it is a good job.
Typically you help professors with exams, supervising,
grading and find literatures for their working and ongoing research
Great working experience
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: time constraints
- Improved my thinking ability.
- Conducted many meetings which boosted my confidence.
-Made reports and initiated project ideas
-Documentation of the tasks completed
Very interesting and fun to work with students
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaOctober 13, 2014
Challenging task of tutoring students and mentoring them.
They come up with interesting doubts.
A place that gives you the opportunity to grow
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility, mentorship, work independently
Cons: wage ceiling for undergraduate students
This was one of the best jobs of my life. It gave me the opportunity to grow personally, academically, and professionally. My boss is a real mentor for me, and he taught me most that I know about research. He introduced social science research to me, and I felt in love for research and for this process of creating knowledge and impacting society. By the end of this year, I will have presented in three conferences and one symposium, a great accomplishment for an undergraduate student.
Good University
Software Development Class Project (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2014
Good University to study business in Charlotte. I enjoyed my time over there and learned many things.
Fun and informative work environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2014
Great place to learn and grow your leadership and interpersonal skills.

1 2 3