University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employee Reviews

Wonderful learning experience for research and data collection
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2016
I worked for a professor in the Public Health department of UNCC on her study of Refining the DASH Diet Scale for Hypertension Self-Care.
I was responsible for recruiting participants, scheduling interviews, collecting data and conducting interviews, and data entry and analysis.
Through this experience, I leaned the essentials that go into conducting research. The knowledge I gained helped guide me through the completion of my thesis.
After working with this professor, I chose her to be my thesis chair.
Pros
Stipend, research experience
Cons
Taking time away from graduate course work to conduct interviews on campus
High paced
Junior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2016
Academia life in the engineering programs are very stressful but completely worth it. Professors are typically very available to come and speak with.
Pros
Professors are typically open door policy people
Cons
Politics of school is no fun
Great working enviroment with good management
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
My job mostly included building and programming different modules or long distance education engineering labs. I also helped build and network a server rack for the lab modules. I had two other co-workers that were very knowledgeable and always a pleasure to work with.
It's not a good fit for me
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2016
Long days, cubicles, hence, no privacy, can hear people's loud conversations, while working. Some co workers are nice and friendly. The most enjoyable part is 5:00 pm
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Extremely High parking fees, very high medical co pays, poor management, cubicles, low pay
Enjoyed working on my Research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2016
The research work was really interesting. It was fun working with my Team lead. The work environment was very friendly and all the team members contributed to the successful completion of the project.
Great training for an entry level position post grad
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2016
UNC Charlotte is a great place to be employed. Your superiors are always there if assistance is needed. Co workers are considered family. The hardest part of the job is meeting aggressive deadlines and the best part is meeting new people.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
No monetary compensation
Good school job, with ability to gain good experience
Motorsports Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2016
The job gave me valuable experience that I can use for the future, was a good workplace with great coworkers. The only disadvantage was the pay was very low.
Great Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2016
It was a great experience where I helped undergraduate students learn programming. This in turn helped me become clear with my concepts.
Good place to learn knowledge
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2016
Best co-workers with daily meeting and communications
Everyone is passionate to their work.
Team leaders are easy going, they are willing to discuss about the work details with all workmates.
Great experience
Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2016
My time at UNCC has been very rewarding. My fellow faculty members have been very helpful in growing my clinical faculty experiences.

Want to know more about University of North Carolina at Charlotte?

Ask a question
A very productive workplace
Research Asssistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2016
I work as an RA in UNCC. I published several papers and university always supported me to present my work in different conferences.
Fun place to work and nice people
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Get to learn and earn. You can manage your studies and learn more about the subjects you are TA/RA of. Good work life balance
Pros
Learn and earn, learn time management
Fm
Administrative Support Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2015
Company is working out the wrinkles of new changes. That is to be expected with any company.
My coworkers are my second family and would help one another when needed.
We get together twice a year with a holiday party and Spring picnic.
Thanksgiving we have a special luncheon the week before the holidays and everyone brings desert/cover dish or both and we just sit & enjoy everyone's company.
University allows one free course per semester for full-time employees.
I enjoy knowing that I assist with making the campus a better and safe place for students, faculty & staff.
Pros
Get together's with fellow employees.
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2016
Good place to work for beginners and students. A lot of scope for learning new things. Great help offered from colleagues and other members.
Productive work place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 25, 2015
Fun and productive work place.
I was not experienced in this field and being a Research Assistant at UNC Charlotte I learned a lot about embedded systems & wireless sensor networks and Internet of things.

Had a great experience overall.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
Salary was less compared to the work done
Accounting Technician
Accountant (Student Loans) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2015
Balance student loan records. Assist students with student loan inquiries. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with students. Working at UNC-Charlotte was a great experience. Working with co-workers, the staff at the University and students.
Pros
Working on the campus working with students.
Cons
Opportunity for growth.
Easy going
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2015
Completed my thesis on, North Carolina Department of Transportation Fleet. Conducted oil analysis on 56 pieces of equipment, provided conclusions and recommendations for the NCDOT.
Laidback Environment with interesting coworkers.
Language Resource Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2015
This was a job as part of the Federal Student Work/Study program offered at many universities and college campuses. Most of the job encompassed assisting teachers with scheduling classrooms, renting out film equipment to students and explaining proper use of equipment, and assisting students with computer based problems such as hardware or software issues.

I learned how to troubleshoot certain computer problems I had never encountered prior and how to communicate more effectively with the public in a job setting.

My supervisor was very patient and kind to all of us employed. What made the job most enjoyable was working with fellow students who shared some of the same aspirations and interests which made work an altogether amiable environment.
Pros
Not long hours, working with fellow students
Cons
Pay not very substantial
Research Assistanship/Masters Thesis
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2015
Modelling of power rid in RSCAD and running simulations n RTDS. Testing hardware in the loop(SEL Relays).
Designing and developing a smart socket which uses power line communication.
Great Learning Environment
Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2015
This was a great learning environment for a student interested in risk management. My former supervisor recently was the National President of PRIMA. The Risk Analyst I worked with has in excess of 20 years experience in Insurance. I learned to allocate insurance premiums to funds and reconcile the University's schedule of property with insurance invoices. I was attend meetings with various department heads and learn how risk management works.

4.3