University of North Carolina at Charlotte

University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employer Reviews

Fun and informative work environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2014
Great place to learn and grow your leadership and interpersonal skills.
Wonderful Place to work
Research Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2014
Pros: excellent way to help students in upper division classes
I enjoyed helping the students understand Chemistry concepts. The students would come in and I would help with homework questions and test preparation and review!
Great working environment and positive staff
CRDM Prog Admin (TEMP) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 28, 2014
This role consisted of project managing all facilities management projects for the University via the Capital Renewal and Deferred Maintenance Program.
Professional University
Engineering Tech Department Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2014
can't say much about it as I only worked as a student. but it was a nice experience
Welcoming staff
Leadership Development (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2014
The staff and my co-workers were very well welcoming. The job was the best months of my life. I enjoyed everyday I work for the company.
part time position while in college
Resident Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2014
Pros: enjoyable atmosphere
Cons: part time position
lead a team of parents and students. Help new-comers with picking classes and schedules.
Great school and jobs
Monitor Event Staff for Recreational Services (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2014
Was a great and fun place to attend school and work. Staff is great and they really help you finish school on time. Job demands are simple office work typically.
Got to learn a lot, especially what it`s like to teach in front of over 50 students!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: very friendly professor, got to learn a lot through his experience.
Cons: less pay for the amount of workload.
My daily activities would include reporting to my professor before a class, assisting him during the lecture hours, helping out students during my office hours, setting and grading programming assignments and projects.

I got to learn several things here viz. how to lecture in front of an intellectually sound audience, how to deal with graduates and – more... PhD. students. I never had any co-worker as I was the only teaching assistant and the only research assistant to my professor.

Well, I would have to say the hardest part of my job was to grade the programming projects and assignments, than setting them because care had to be taken while scrutinizing individual lines of code. But the most enjoyable part I felt was taking lectures. Since the topics to be discussed were very much familiar, it was in fact easy for me to carry on with it and what was challenging was answering to some of the most tricky questions asked during my lectures. – less
Very interactive job with an extremely close work relationship with peers.
Orientation Counselor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: close working relationships and many breaks.
Cons: long working hours
A typical day went from 6:30AM-10:30PM and it was very fast-paced, and according to a strict schedule. I learned a lot about myself as a leader and also about working together as a team. Management was very understanding to our needs and open-minded. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the students who weren't interactive and did not want – more... to participate. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely assisting students in adjusting to campus life and getting them acclimated with the school. – less
Great community and organization to work for
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free housing, great community and workplace, challenging and rewarding resulting in lots of growth as an individual and leader
Cons: small stipend, almost always on the job, sometimes have to work holidays (someone has to watch over the students who stay)
Loved my time there. I was an RA and was pleased with how the organization was run both as a resident and as an employee. Fun environment to work in and the people surrounding me were awesome and wanted to see each other succeed.
Nice work culture
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2014
I work as an project assistant under one professor in Future Computing Lab. There people are highly talented and when you work there you get a lot to learn. They just dont code code and code all the say, we go outside on friday eve and have fun together.
Fun workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2013
•Compose binary/ternary solutions to construct new refrigerants in order to enhance the efficiency of adsorption refrigeration cycle (substitute for LiBr/water)
•Evaluate new compositions (trehalose + organic salts + water) to improve glass stability and extend shelf life of pharmaceuticals and foods at various levels of relative humidity (RH) and temperature
Senior Design Project Lead
Project Leader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 23, 2013
Was the Project Lead for the Senior Design Project. Worked with university faculty and outside sponsor to ensure project requirements were meet in a timely manner and under budget.
Beautiful and clean campus
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2013
Pros: rich diverse culture
Cons: parking is horrible
The classes vary but are mostly a good size. There are many things to do on the campus such as activities and events that go on. There is access to any kind of help needed to advance in any class you may have trouble in and it is all free to the students. This school has spirit for our Charlotte NINERS!
Vibrant and active workplace with great culture.
A/V Technical Services Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2013
Friendly environment throughout departments on campus. Large university with various needs on campus. Employees generally work well collaborating with each other on projects and tasks.
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2013
Great place to work. They hire a lot of students to work in Recreation Services and it makes it easy to work while in school. They are really easy to work with schedules and there is always team building with the co-workers.
Research Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2013
Help you extend your intellectual horizon.
My job consisted of designing and analyzing the performance of an underwater turbine.
labor intensive, long hours
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2013
long hours at laboratory but learned a lot laboratory skills
Good place to study
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2013
Good place to study and learn. I developed a few computer skills from scratch here.
School
Student (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2013
Great school - Relatively inexpensive - I learned how understand public agencies.