University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employee Reviews

Teaching Assistant/Tutor/Grader
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2017
 Responsible for maintaining resource archives for both computer files and hard copy materials.
 Worked one-on-one with students who are seeking assistance in a different level of Math.
Enjoyed It
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2017
I enjoyed being a teaching assistant at UNCC. I got to meet students from all over the world. The students were easy to work with and were ready to learn.
Effective
Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2017
I worked as a preceptor for the math department and it overall was a good experience. I worked closely with faculty and the students. I was able to choose and make my hours that worked around my class schedule.
Pros
Monetary Compensation
Cons
Could of been more effective
Great Place to work
Supervisor III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2017
Working at UNCC was great experience for me. Lots of on the job training and development. Good benefits, Lots of employee association opportunities. Schedules were good on a daily basis. everyone new their job and responsibilities, and a very diverse work place.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Lot of traning and developement opportuntiies
good
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2017
expensive but a great school and a lot of connections. A great black community and everyone looks of for each other and makes sure that we all succeed.
Work load depends on your Professor
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2017
Overall the work assigned and workload depends on Professor. The Undergraduate and Graduate TAs are paid fairly. The semester end workloads increases because of studies and TA duties.
FWS Administrative Assistant Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
Great environment to work along side great collages in the Data Science Initiative at UNCC. You have the ability to make many networking connections with different business outside of the university. Since you are a student, they are willing to work with you and make sure that your education comes first, followed by the job.
Great Place to Work
Library Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2017
Excellent Place to Work!! I have learned a whole lot about computers and working with people as a whole. I want to inform all of you that this is a State of North Carolina Job.
Pros
Great Job!!
Cons
great place to work if looking for longevity
Benefits Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
A typical day at UNCC is to arrive on time, greet your coworkers, complete your daily task. A great place if looking for job security and structure. You do have to pay for parking. You will meet some great people that are looking out for your success.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
pay for parking
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
Excellent on campus job opportunity - Friendly environment within campus - supportive staff members and professors - well knowledge youth of students -
good place to study and work
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2017
I like the people in this university, glad to learn and teach. Studied a lot of knowledge and skills. Thanks to my advisor and all the people who helped me.
Well rounded University
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2017
Great collaboration with all members of the UNC Charlotte senior teams. The university is growing into a powerhouse of an establishment. Great experience.
Great
Teaching Assistant for Dr. Tyrell Moore (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at the school as an undergraduate research assistant for multiple professors in my department. I do miss being at this fine academic institution.
Teaching at UNCC
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 3, 2017
There is a need for more teachers at this institution but overall the work conditions are great as well as the job stability. The salary is fair but the organizational aspect could be handled better.
Absolutely love the team I work with.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 29, 2017
As a Research Assistant I am able to produce content analysis, and brainstorm marketing ideas for a new organizational communications textbook. The freedom is what I enjoy the most!
Ga
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2017
Good place to work, nice environment. Most of the staff and faculty are incredible. There are a few bad eggs, but that is everywhere. Overall, I recommend working here.
Workplace culture
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2017
Productive and fun work place with awesome supervisors. Great way to interact with residents on campus and help them explore their college career. The environment is very welcoming.
Pros
Free housing
Technology Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2017
Technology support for my department, everyone is friendly and great to work with, the work isn't back breaking and is steady paced, loved helping professors and students alike. It is a government job, so salaries aren't very competitive, but I am currently paid fairly.
Pros
Laid back work environment, friendly coworkers
Cons
Few raises
Challenging environment
Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2017
University is growing at a rapid pace and it's an exciting time to be there but with growth comes change. Policies, requirements, and databases changed frequently during my time here. Becoming more progressive and innovative is a positive change.
Workplace is a platform for collaboration with others
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2017
A good interaction with the students.
Understanding their doubts made me think more innovative.
And other than class timings ,office hours are very good timings for collaboration with my colleagues.