University of North Carolina at Charlotte

University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employer Reviews

Great people and fun job
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2014
Working for UNCC's Housing and Residence Life is great. The best parts of the job is the people you are able to work with and the people you get to meet as you are the leader of an area. The hardest part of the job is having to be firm on residents when they have not followed the rules of housing or the law.
Productive job for a working part-time student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great understanding of fluid dynamics subject, student interaction.
The Research Assistant job At University of North Carolina at Charlotte, with the Mechanical Engineering and engineering science department was a fun job.

It included developing of Fluid Mechanics class demonstration experiments for the undergraduate students.

Being a student and knowing what actually students interest is, working on this job was – more... great, and ease in working.

Because of research in developing simple experiments using simple available equipments in Hobby stores, helped in understanding the detailed topics in Fluids subject

Performing and demonstrating at Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM Education Coalition) program for High school students was great to learn about interesting facts about Science.

Overall it was, a very great opportunity to work for this job, while earning your Masters degree ,learning the basics and knowing some interesting facts about Science. – less
a stable and ordinary job
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free pring
Cons: small office rooms
if you like job security and working environment,
it is a good job.
Typically you help professors with exams, supervising,
grading and find literatures for their working and ongoing research
Great working experience
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: time constraints
- Improved my thinking ability.
- Conducted many meetings which boosted my confidence.
-Made reports and initiated project ideas
-Documentation of the tasks completed
Very interesting and fun to work with students
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaOctober 13, 2014
Challenging task of tutoring students and mentoring them.
They come up with interesting doubts.
A place that gives you the opportunity to grow
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility, mentorship, work independently
Cons: wage ceiling for undergraduate students
This was one of the best jobs of my life. It gave me the opportunity to grow personally, academically, and professionally. My boss is a real mentor for me, and he taught me most that I know about research. He introduced social science research to me, and I felt in love for research and for this process of creating knowledge and impacting society. By – more... the end of this year, I will have presented in three conferences and one symposium, a great accomplishment for an undergraduate student. – less
Good University
Software Development Class Project (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2014
Good University to study business in Charlotte. I enjoyed my time over there and learned many things.
Fun and informative work environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2014
Great place to learn and grow your leadership and interpersonal skills.
Wonderful Place to work
Research Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2014
Pros: excellent way to help students in upper division classes
I enjoyed helping the students understand Chemistry concepts. The students would come in and I would help with homework questions and test preparation and review!
Great working environment and positive staff
CRDM Prog Admin (TEMP) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 28, 2014
This role consisted of project managing all facilities management projects for the University via the Capital Renewal and Deferred Maintenance Program.
Welcoming staff
Leadership Development (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2014
The staff and my co-workers were very well welcoming. The job was the best months of my life. I enjoyed everyday I work for the company.
part time position while in college
Resident Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2014
Pros: enjoyable atmosphere
Cons: part time position
lead a team of parents and students. Help new-comers with picking classes and schedules.
Great school and jobs
Monitor Event Staff for Recreational Services (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2014
Was a great and fun place to attend school and work. Staff is great and they really help you finish school on time. Job demands are simple office work typically.
Got to learn a lot, especially what it`s like to teach in front of over 50 students!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: very friendly professor, got to learn a lot through his experience.
Cons: less pay for the amount of workload.
My daily activities would include reporting to my professor before a class, assisting him during the lecture hours, helping out students during my office hours, setting and grading programming assignments and projects.

I got to learn several things here viz. how to lecture in front of an intellectually sound audience, how to deal with graduates and – more... PhD. students. I never had any co-worker as I was the only teaching assistant and the only research assistant to my professor.

Well, I would have to say the hardest part of my job was to grade the programming projects and assignments, than setting them because care had to be taken while scrutinizing individual lines of code. But the most enjoyable part I felt was taking lectures. Since the topics to be discussed were very much familiar, it was in fact easy for me to carry on with it and what was challenging was answering to some of the most tricky questions asked during my lectures. – less
Very interactive job with an extremely close work relationship with peers.
Orientation Counselor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: close working relationships and many breaks.
Cons: long working hours
A typical day went from 6:30AM-10:30PM and it was very fast-paced, and according to a strict schedule. I learned a lot about myself as a leader and also about working together as a team. Management was very understanding to our needs and open-minded. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the students who weren't interactive and did not want – more... to participate. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely assisting students in adjusting to campus life and getting them acclimated with the school. – less
Great community and organization to work for
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free housing, great community and workplace, challenging and rewarding resulting in lots of growth as an individual and leader
Cons: small stipend, almost always on the job, sometimes have to work holidays (someone has to watch over the students who stay)
Loved my time there. I was an RA and was pleased with how the organization was run both as a resident and as an employee. Fun environment to work in and the people surrounding me were awesome and wanted to see each other succeed.
Nice work culture
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2014
I work as an project assistant under one professor in Future Computing Lab. There people are highly talented and when you work there you get a lot to learn. They just dont code code and code all the say, we go outside on friday eve and have fun together.
Fun workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2013
•Compose binary/ternary solutions to construct new refrigerants in order to enhance the efficiency of adsorption refrigeration cycle (substitute for LiBr/water)
•Evaluate new compositions (trehalose + organic salts + water) to improve glass stability and extend shelf life of pharmaceuticals and foods at various levels of relative humidity (RH) and temperature
Senior Design Project Lead
Project Leader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 23, 2013
Was the Project Lead for the Senior Design Project. Worked with university faculty and outside sponsor to ensure project requirements were meet in a timely manner and under budget.
Beautiful and clean campus
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2013
Pros: rich diverse culture
Cons: parking is horrible
The classes vary but are mostly a good size. There are many things to do on the campus such as activities and events that go on. There is access to any kind of help needed to advance in any class you may have trouble in and it is all free to the students. This school has spirit for our Charlotte NINERS!

1 2 3