University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employee Reviews

Great for aspiring college professors
Teaching / Graduate Research (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2017
I taught business communication courses in the Belk College of Business for two years while completing my Master's Degree. The department I worked in was great and so were the other people there. Teaching can be a rigorous career but UNC Charlotte is a great place to be.
Wonderful learning experience for research and data collection
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2016
I worked for a professor in the Public Health department of UNCC on her study of Refining the DASH Diet Scale for Hypertension Self-Care.
I was responsible for recruiting participants, scheduling interviews, collecting data and conducting interviews, and data entry and analysis.
Through this experience, I leaned the essentials that go into conducting research. The knowledge I gained helped guide me through the completion of my thesis.
After working with this professor, I chose her to be my thesis chair.
Pros
Stipend, research experience
Cons
Taking time away from graduate course work to conduct interviews on campus
High paced
Junior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2016
Academia life in the engineering programs are very stressful but completely worth it. Professors are typically very available to come and speak with.
Pros
Professors are typically open door policy people
Cons
Politics of school is no fun
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at the University of North Caroline at Charlotte. The professors are nice and work with you to help you succeed in your role as a professor.
Outstanding
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2017
Fosters the cultivation of new research techniques and possibilities. Great team of professors who are always available to help.
Fun place to work and nice people
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Get to learn and earn. You can manage your studies and learn more about the subjects you are TA/RA of. Good work life balance
Pros
Learn and earn, learn time management
It's not a good fit for me
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2016
Long days, cubicles, hence, no privacy, can hear people's loud conversations, while working. Some co workers are nice and friendly. The most enjoyable part is 5:00 pm
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Extremely High parking fees, very high medical co pays, poor management, cubicles, low pay
Great training for an entry level position post grad
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2016
UNC Charlotte is a great place to be employed. Your superiors are always there if assistance is needed. Co workers are considered family. The hardest part of the job is meeting aggressive deadlines and the best part is meeting new people.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
No monetary compensation
Great working enviroment with good management
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
My job mostly included building and programming different modules or long distance education engineering labs. I also helped build and network a server rack for the lab modules. I had two other co-workers that were very knowledgeable and always a pleasure to work with.
Enjoyed working on my Research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2016
The research work was really interesting. It was fun working with my Team lead. The work environment was very friendly and all the team members contributed to the successful completion of the project.
Good school job, with ability to gain good experience
Motorsports Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2016
The job gave me valuable experience that I can use for the future, was a good workplace with great coworkers. The only disadvantage was the pay was very low.
Great Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2016
It was a great experience where I helped undergraduate students learn programming. This in turn helped me become clear with my concepts.
Wonderful place to work!
Student Services Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2012
There is plenty of room for advancement, and the benefits are great if you are a full time employee. Holidays and weekends off is a great addition, too! Although the workday can become stressful, you feel fulfilled at the end of the day. Very laid back work environment.
Pros
lots of help, guaranteed breaks, state employment
Cons
budget freezes can affect your position
Laidback Environment with interesting coworkers.
Language Resource Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2015
This was a job as part of the Federal Student Work/Study program offered at many universities and college campuses. Most of the job encompassed assisting teachers with scheduling classrooms, renting out film equipment to students and explaining proper use of equipment, and assisting students with computer based problems such as hardware or software issues.

I learned how to troubleshoot certain computer problems I had never encountered prior and how to communicate more effectively with the public in a job setting.

My supervisor was very patient and kind to all of us employed. What made the job most enjoyable was working with fellow students who shared some of the same aspirations and interests which made work an altogether amiable environment.
Pros
Not long hours, working with fellow students
Cons
Pay not very substantial
Work Culture
Student Linux Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Work Culture at my current workplace is amazing.I can work with freedom of my thoughts and process work.My co-workers especially my Boss is very understanding and always encourages me.I have good learning from here to stay calm in panic situations.
Pros
Free Trainings
Cons
Monthly Salary not biweekly
Good place to learn knowledge
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2016
Best co-workers with daily meeting and communications
Everyone is passionate to their work.
Team leaders are easy going, they are willing to discuss about the work details with all workmates.
Very interactive job with an extremely close work relationship with peers.
Orientation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2014
A typical day went from 6:30AM-10:30PM and it was very fast-paced, and according to a strict schedule. I learned a lot about myself as a leader and also about working together as a team. Management was very understanding to our needs and open-minded. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the students who weren't interactive and did not want to participate. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely assisting students in adjusting to campus life and getting them acclimated with the school.
Pros
Close working relationships and many breaks.
Cons
Long working hours
Relaxed enjoyable environment with great benefits.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2013
This was a third shift job, my main job was to provide security in a university housing environment. The interaction with college aged students providing them with advice, guidance and overall filling of support made my job fill worthwhile. UNCC managenent was great to work with and for, basically if you did your job, you had no issues with management. My co-workers were easy to work with and very supportive with any concerns. The hardest part of the job was remaining alert around the 3:00am-5:00am hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed atmosphere and the interaction with the residents.
Great experience
Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2016
My time at UNCC has been very rewarding. My fellow faculty members have been very helpful in growing my clinical faculty experiences.
Productive work place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 25, 2015
Fun and productive work place.
I was not experienced in this field and being a Research Assistant at UNC Charlotte I learned a lot about embedded systems & wireless sensor networks and Internet of things.

Had a great experience overall.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
Salary was less compared to the work done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3