University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employee Reviews

Too my promises, that are always broken
Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2017
Promise of a raise, but never received one. Promise of chance of career advancement and equal chance of being picked, but management knows how to get around the rules. They already decided they would pick someone from outside the university that has no experience with campus and programs. But they want you to train the new person. There is an SOP, but they never follow them.
Uncc
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2017
Pretty standard research assistant position, nothing out of the ordinary. Boss was pretty lax, so that was a huge plus. Definitely got to use a lot of R which helped me practice.
Good govement job
Capital Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2017
Good fun job was very underpaid for the work we did....always felt as though we were struggling to complete projects due to lack of funding. These projects were fast paced and we were always told to find money to complete them.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2017
Working as Teaching assistant for Artificial Intelligence course assisting professor in creating a plan on topics to teach, assisting students in clearing their doubts and evaluating programming projects, homework and exams.
Cutting edge institution of higher education
Business Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2017
It's a fast paced environment that offers learning opportunities with every new challenge. The campus is beautiful and filled with a diverse mix of faculty, staff and students.
Pros
The surrounding area is growing quickly and offers a variety of activities in the immediate vicinity
Cons
Parking
Excellent Place to work
Collaborative Scientist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2017
Excellent place to work. Friendly co-workers and a relaxed working environment are huge pluses. UNCC is located in the beautiful city of Charlotte which is a great place to raise a family.
I worked there as a part time instructor and it was a good place to work
Traffic Manager for Publications and Printing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2017
I worked there many years ago as a part-time instructor at an adult education site and was pretty pleased with the employment. The did not micro-manage the classroom.
Pros
Able to do your job without criticism or poor evaluation
Cons
At the time they did not keep data stored records, had no records of the number of hours that I worked per week.
Teaching Assistant/Tutor/Grader
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2017
 Responsible for maintaining resource archives for both computer files and hard copy materials.
 Worked one-on-one with students who are seeking assistance in a different level of Math.
Enjoyed It
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2017
I enjoyed being a teaching assistant at UNCC. I got to meet students from all over the world. The students were easy to work with and were ready to learn.
Effective
Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2017
I worked as a preceptor for the math department and it overall was a good experience. I worked closely with faculty and the students. I was able to choose and make my hours that worked around my class schedule.
Pros
Monetary Compensation
Cons
Could of been more effective
Great Place to work
Supervisor III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2017
Working at UNCC was great experience for me. Lots of on the job training and development. Good benefits, Lots of employee association opportunities. Schedules were good on a daily basis. everyone new their job and responsibilities, and a very diverse work place.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Lot of traning and developement opportuntiies
good
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2017
expensive but a great school and a lot of connections. A great black community and everyone looks of for each other and makes sure that we all succeed.
Work load depends on your Professor
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2017
Overall the work assigned and workload depends on Professor. The Undergraduate and Graduate TAs are paid fairly. The semester end workloads increases because of studies and TA duties.
FWS Administrative Assistant Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
Great environment to work along side great collages in the Data Science Initiative at UNCC. You have the ability to make many networking connections with different business outside of the university. Since you are a student, they are willing to work with you and make sure that your education comes first, followed by the job.
Great Place to Work
Library Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2017
Excellent Place to Work!! I have learned a whole lot about computers and working with people as a whole. I want to inform all of you that this is a State of North Carolina Job.
Pros
Great Job!!
Cons
great place to work if looking for longevity
Benefits Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
A typical day at UNCC is to arrive on time, greet your coworkers, complete your daily task. A great place if looking for job security and structure. You do have to pay for parking. You will meet some great people that are looking out for your success.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
pay for parking
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
Excellent on campus job opportunity - Friendly environment within campus - supportive staff members and professors - well knowledge youth of students -
good place to study and work
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2017
I like the people in this university, glad to learn and teach. Studied a lot of knowledge and skills. Thanks to my advisor and all the people who helped me.
Well rounded University
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2017
Great collaboration with all members of the UNC Charlotte senior teams. The university is growing into a powerhouse of an establishment. Great experience.
Great
Teaching Assistant for Dr. Tyrell Moore (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at the school as an undergraduate research assistant for multiple professors in my department. I do miss being at this fine academic institution.