University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employee Reviews in United States

Great people and fun job
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2014
Working for UNCC's Housing and Residence Life is great. The best parts of the job is the people you are able to work with and the people you get to meet as you are the leader of an area. The hardest part of the job is having to be firm on residents when they have not followed the rules of housing or the law.
Great School
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2015
Teaching Assistants at UNCC are given much support and guidance from lab coordinators. Helpful in understanding basics of teaching requirements for academia.
Great
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2015
Great and fun place to work. Lots of great and new opportunities available to advance in your career or education. Very friendly faculty members and staff.
A place that gives you the opportunity to grow
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2014
This was one of the best jobs of my life. It gave me the opportunity to grow personally, academically, and professionally. My boss is a real mentor for me, and he taught me most that I know about research. He introduced social science research to me, and I felt in love for research and for this process of creating knowledge and impacting society. By the end of this year, I will have presented in three conferences and one symposium, a great accomplishment for an undergraduate student.
Pros
flexibility, mentorship, work independently
Cons
wage ceiling for undergraduate students
Very interactive job with an extremely close work relationship with peers.
Orientation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2014
A typical day went from 6:30AM-10:30PM and it was very fast-paced, and according to a strict schedule. I learned a lot about myself as a leader and also about working together as a team. Management was very understanding to our needs and open-minded. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the students who weren't interactive and did not want to participate. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely assisting students in adjusting to campus life and getting them acclimated with the school.
Pros
close working relationships and many breaks.
Cons
long working hours
Great community and organization to work for
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Loved my time there. I was an RA and was pleased with how the organization was run both as a resident and as an employee. Fun environment to work in and the people surrounding me were awesome and wanted to see each other succeed.
Pros
free housing, great community and workplace, challenging and rewarding resulting in lots of growth as an individual and leader
Cons
small stipend, almost always on the job, sometimes have to work holidays (someone has to watch over the students who stay)
Relaxed enjoyable environment with great benefits.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2013
This was a third shift job, my main job was to provide security in a university housing environment. The interaction with college aged students providing them with advice, guidance and overall filling of support made my job fill worthwhile. UNCC managenent was great to work with and for, basically if you did your job, you had no issues with management. My co-workers were easy to work with and very supportive with any concerns. The hardest part of the job was remaining alert around the 3:00am-5:00am hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed atmosphere and the interaction with the residents.
Uncc
Event Staff/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 12, 2012
A typical day would be to report 2 hours before a home game and then stand and take tickets from guest and show them around if needed.

I learned how to interact with large crowds.

Management was very laid back and helpful.

Co-workers were all students of UNCC so we knew each other well and got along working great.

Hardest part of the job was standing up for hours.

Most enjoyable part of the job would be watching all of the game and meeting different people.
a stable and ordinary job
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2014
if you like job security and working environment,
it is a good job.
Typically you help professors with exams, supervising,
grading and find literatures for their working and ongoing research
Pros
free pring
Cons
small office rooms
Wonderful place to work!
Student Services Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2012
There is plenty of room for advancement, and the benefits are great if you are a full time employee. Holidays and weekends off is a great addition, too! Although the workday can become stressful, you feel fulfilled at the end of the day. Very laid back work environment.
Pros
lots of help, guaranteed breaks, state employment
Cons
budget freezes can affect your position
Fun workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2013
•Compose binary/ternary solutions to construct new refrigerants in order to enhance the efficiency of adsorption refrigeration cycle (substitute for LiBr/water)
•Evaluate new compositions (trehalose + organic salts + water) to improve glass stability and extend shelf life of pharmaceuticals and foods at various levels of relative humidity (RH) and temperature
Beautiful and clean campus
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2013
The classes vary but are mostly a good size. There are many things to do on the campus such as activities and events that go on. There is access to any kind of help needed to advance in any class you may have trouble in and it is all free to the students. This school has spirit for our Charlotte NINERS!
Pros
rich diverse culture
Cons
parking is horrible
Great working experience
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2014
- Improved my thinking ability.
- Conducted many meetings which boosted my confidence.
-Made reports and initiated project ideas
-Documentation of the tasks completed
Pros
good team
Cons
time constraints
Productive job for a working part-time student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
The Research Assistant job At University of North Carolina at Charlotte, with the Mechanical Engineering and engineering science department was a fun job.

It included developing of Fluid Mechanics class demonstration experiments for the undergraduate students.

Being a student and knowing what actually students interest is, working on this job was great, and ease in working.

Because of research in developing simple experiments using simple available equipments in Hobby stores, helped in understanding the detailed topics in Fluids subject

Performing and demonstrating at Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM Education Coalition) program for High school students was great to learn about interesting facts about Science.

Overall it was, a very great opportunity to work for this job, while earning your Masters degree ,learning the basics and knowing some interesting facts about Science.
Pros
great understanding of fluid dynamics subject, student interaction.
Challenging and Dynamic Work-Place
Student Coordinator for New Student Services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2012
This was a great place to work because you could really watch the students grow both personally and as part of their community. Every work day was different and held its own challenges, providing an atmosphere that allowed for personal and team growth.
Pros
great atmosphere
Wonderful Place to work
Research Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2014
I enjoyed helping the students understand Chemistry concepts. The students would come in and I would help with homework questions and test preparation and review!
Pros
excellent way to help students in upper division classes
Educational Work Environment
CJ Undergraduate Advising, Research Assistant, TA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2013
Great place to work while you are conducting research and have the resources of research professors at you disposal.
Pros
work with and help lots of people who are investing in their own lives.
Cons
low pay and long hours.
Nice work culture
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2014
I work as an project assistant under one professor in Future Computing Lab. There people are highly talented and when you work there you get a lot to learn. They just dont code code and code all the say, we go outside on friday eve and have fun together.
Vibrant and active workplace with great culture.
A/V Technical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2013
Friendly environment throughout departments on campus. Large university with various needs on campus. Employees generally work well collaborating with each other on projects and tasks.
Great experience
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 18, 2015
Great experience while studying and working there as undergrad, strongly recommend

4.3