University of North Carolina at Wilmington Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Toxicology Laboratory understanding diminishing Blue Crab Populations
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 17, 2015
A typical day involved RNA extractions on blue crab tissues. I would perform the extractions independently, then run Nanodrop technology to perform quality analysis of the RNA extraction. I would then use these samples to perform a clean-up, and store them in a freezer until my team and I were ready to undergo gel electrophoresis and q-PCR. The work required an ability to work independently and in a group scenario on a near day-to-day basis. This work taught me many techniques for micropipetting, GMP standards, SOP's, and additional molecular biology techniques in bioassays such ELISA's.
Challenging place to work
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 23, 2015
working as a buyer for a University and being assigned various commodities and department procurement responsibilities means that no one day is ever the same. There is always a new piece of research equipment or Athletic equipment to procure. My procurements are varied from a standard desktop computer to the purchase of a custom made satellite. This is both the hardest part of the job as well as the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Long winter break and flex hours and tele-work options available
Friendly and Inviting
Front Desk Liaison at the Office of the Registrar (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 28, 2015
The Registrar's Office had friendly staff and coworkers, that were always there when I needed a question answered. The atmosphere was great! Everyone spoke to everyone and we all worked together as a team. It was a great experience that allowed me to improve my customer service skills, my ability to communicate one on one with students at the university, and the experience also provided me with more experience in a office setting.The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with fellow students at the university, and being able to help them complete their task in the office.
Great Opportunity, Great Staff
INTERN (Former Employee) –  WIlmington, NCMay 24, 2015
Great teamwork, great scheduling, overall just a fun place to work and workload was not too heavy.
It was a great job. I have nothing negative.
Pros
Great Co-workers, and great balance of work and scheduling.
Excellent student job.
Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 21, 2012
Great job for students as it allows for students to work as well as study. Monitor incoming students into the building and make guests are accompanied by an active student. Excellent co-workers and management, very friendly.
Pros
ability to work and study, non-stressful.
Cons
non-stimulating.
Student independent study in Organic synthesis
Student Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 30, 2012
i worked under a professor and various graduate students. i performed reactions, purified mixtures, and recorded procedures and results. i reported to my professors and coworkers on my progress via seminars.
UNC-Wilmington Review
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cameron School of Business, Wilmington, NCOctober 30, 2012
Graduate assistantship during M.B.A. study. Worked primarily as a teacher's assistant in the Economics Dept.
Pros
worked around my schedule, paid relatively well
Cons
only a semester

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4