University of North Carolina Employee Reviews in United States

RN's need a union
operating room staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 2, 2016
don't work at duke or unc. leave the state, go earn make real money elsewhere. go union maybe california? blah blahl bhahaha akdlkfj daf daf
Pros
Cons
pay to park, expensive health care, low salary raises barely keeping with inflation
Good people but new systems resulted in a lot of negative turn around.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NC 27599March 24, 2016
Daily management of operations for an academic medical training program which included daily scheduling/calendar management, all computer support and website management, serve as the singular liaison for the program in all forms of required communication.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Parking
Lot has changed in 6 years
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  School of DentistryAugust 12, 2016
The department I worked in, the director and my co worker, I felt, felt some type of way about me. I am a black woman and I was treated differently by those two and the residents. I was judge way too harshly and felt bullied. The director I felt was trying to break me down.
As a previous employee, I was so eager to go back and finish my career there and then to be treated that way put a bad taste in my mouth for UNC. I do not recommend working there if you have color to your skin and have a voice.
Pros
Benefits, retirement
Cons
Managment, parking
Great Environment, Fun to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2016
I am working as a Research Assistant at CCI and the overall experience is fun since I got to learn a lot. Fun Environment and great technical support.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
None that i could think of
Wonderful place to work
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 16, 2016
UNC-Chapel Hill is a great place to work with intelligent and caring colleagues and leaders. For me the geographic area was not a great fit, but I value my experience and learned more at UNC in a year than in any other experience to date.
Pros
Intelligent, moderate pace environment with great benefits
Cons
Major events impacting the university
Large and diverse institution with many bureaucratic obstacles
Teaching Assistant; Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 13, 2016
Difficult to assess objectively given my role as a doctoral student researcher and teaching assistant. The most difficult problem facing researchers in this position is the institutionalized hierarchy and corresponding disempowerment to make the decisions necessary to advance research in the best possible ways.
Full of possibilities
Director of Staff Employment (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2016
UNC Charlotte is rich with opportunities to explore different things, whether it is music, arts, festival, or athletic events.There are many possibilities to stay culturally rich and informed.
Pros
Potential for diversity
Cons
Not enough administrative support
Supporting Cadets
Chapel Hill Senior Army ROTC Department (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 27, 2016
A typical day with serving cadets is very demanding and exciting at the same time. Patents with cadets is very critical because they are college kids go have graduated from high school.
Pros
Training cadets in a motherly way
Cons
N/A
Productive place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 26, 2016
The university has good benefits including fitness opportunities. However the pay is lower in comparison to positions in the industry. It is still a decent place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low salary compared to industry
Amazing work experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 11, 2016
Great experience for undergrads, I loved everything about it. Gained a lot of experience in my field and everyone was helpful and gave me a ton of great advice for my career.
It depends who you work with
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 16, 2016
There are several professors I worked with. The one of them unfortunately did not have integrity. That tenured professor stole students' and postdocs' papers and patents. The school did not act.
fun work place
Electronics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 16, 2016
it is enjoyable place to work. it is fully nice people around the campus and around facilities. only the bad things there is poor management. management bothering the employees trying to be show off.
Great
Functional Lead (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 3, 2015
Great place to work. nice colleagues. Contributed and Learnt a lot.
• Work on Implementation, Design, Development and validation of PeopleSoft Enterprise performance management (EPM) with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and Custom built UNC data warehouse based on SAS Data Integration tool with SAS Visual Analytics reporting tool and Custom Infoporte PHP based reporting tool.
• Work closely with analysts in analysis and design phase for the PeopleSoft EPM v9.1 Warehouse, OBIEE marts and subject areas, UNC Custom built data warehouse and SAS VA reports.
• Evaluate the delivered Data Mart structures, assess the currently used reports from the user community (PS Query and other tools), and articulate clearly verbally and in written form the requirements and possible design approaches.
Wonderful opportunity!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 14, 2016
I experienced a wonderful opportunity to teach during the summer semester. The intense schedule was grueling but exciting. Students and instructor learned so much and had fun doing it!
Flexible Hours
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 27, 2016
I was a personal assistant so I just had a time line on when things needed to be done. It was nice and my boss was nice.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Only on for certain projects
Great University
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  School of MusicApril 24, 2016
This job entailed managing a team of 20 student employees while promoting the presence of the university libraries. I enjoy working in an academic environment in a position that allows me to promote a positive work environment.
A great opportunity
Epic Go-Live Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 27, 2016
I really enjoyed my assignment at UNC. It is a very professional environment and everyone works extremely well together.
Innovative and supportive staff and faculty
Study Abroad Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 30, 2015
The UNC Study Abroad Office works as part of a team of University education bodies providing internationalization initiatives for the UNC campus. Working with students to develop intercultural competence skills and high quality international education programming. The job is cyclical however, each semester brings it's own surprises be it new talent inspiring research abroad or a visa requirement that comes as a challenge but is always worked out. Working with adult learners and program development is a very rewarding career.
Pros
Benefits, Access to Lectures and the Arts, Public Transportation
Cons
Parking, Funding
Fine
Research Project Director (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 5, 2016
Good place to work. They pay you, the campus is nice, the people are nice and there's lots of opportunities for additional learning. No complaints.
Great place, challenging and exciting environment.
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 7, 2016
Excellent work environment that engenders motivation, and creativity. Garnered further leadership qualities as well as interpersonal skills to effectively meet project deadlines. Faculty, staff and fellow graduate students are kind, helpful and very cooperative.

4.3