University of North Carolina

University of North Carolina Employer Reviews

ERP Project
Sr. Instructional Designer, Trainer (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 28, 2015
I am a contractor at UNC, so I cannot speak to what it's like to work here as a permanent employee. However, I have enjoyed the people I work with very much. Like any job, how pleasant it is depends on your manager, and I have been lucky in this regard.
UNC at Chapel Hill
Office Assistant IV (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: it education
UNC is the most professional unique and interesting place I have ever worked. I gained vast computer experience and working in a exceptionally diverse fast paced environment. Everyone I worked with demonstrated such professionalism, it was such a pleasure working with them everyday. I was in a position directly interacting with UNC Officials, staff and students providing a constantly moving day of leaning and teaching. The Director Sam Odom; the Business and Finance manager Greg Burress, my direct supervisor, right on through the hundreds of FPG scientists, researchers, and others are the most fun and educational people I have ever known. I was put in a Reduction in Force status but I will always love and appreciate my time there.
Very good place to work.
Alumni Affairs and Development Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: training
Work days vary depending on time of year. Fall semester was general very busy with work related to incoming student and Graduation. Spring semester was busy with Awards Ceremonies and Graduation. Adjusting to new things was difficult because there is a lack of training for jobs.
Student
Student (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Learned about health care professionals, learned to be a team player
Educational, quite and enriching
Assistant Student Librarian (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: using my arabic and persian languge skills
Cons: it was a student only position
While at the Middle East Studies Library at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I directly assisted in the receiving, organization and transliteration of book shipments from Iran, Lebanon, Israel, and Egypt. This was also a rich source for my research and education in general. Not only did I assist in the aforementioned areas, but I also helped in building donor relations in order for The Middle East Studies Library.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCDecember 16, 2014
I was a graduate teaching assistant at UNC in the Economics department and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Knowledge of doctor I worked with
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: long term benefits
This was the first job I got working as a Nurse Practitioner. I learned so much from the physician I worked with.
clinical fellow
Abdominal Fellow (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 4, 2014
Clinical fellow. Responsibilites included US, CT, MRI reads as well as presiding over residents.
support
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Hills, NCOctober 30, 2014
working in HR as a support person with file helping people with their benefits for working.
UNC Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 16, 2014
A great environment to work and learn in. The management was amazing and there was always work to keep you thinking.
Excellent Place to Work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, excellent management and work environment
Cons: no opportunity for growth in the department
This has been the best job I have ever had. The work environment is excellent: my coworkers are a TEAM and really help each other, and the management is supportive and flexible and always looking to help their staff grow and be successful. The job responsibilities are fun and stress-free, and it is fun to work with students and instructors.

The hardest part about this job for me is that I am looking for opportunities to grow and there isn't much movement in the department. I am looking for more responsibilities and opportunities to be in management and develop my skills while learning new ones.
Highly informative
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: fee waiver
It was very challenging to be Research Assistant.It involved a lot of creativity and knowledge. It boosted my confidence to think something new and made me a better person overall.
An excellent university
Teaching Fellow (Former Employee), Chapel Hill. NCAugust 2, 2014
I was offered a merit scholarship, full tuition remission and a teaching fellowship which included health care coverage and COBRA.
Great job!
Per Diem Nurse (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: terrific place to work. great advancement for nurses who are willing to work hard.
Stayed 30 years with this company. Then returned per diem after retirement. Great leadership and always room for advancement. Loved the staff and the ability to learn something new everyday. Yearly merit raises. So if you worked hard you always got a raise. I miss the hospital and the people.
worked with personnel who were well educated and quite interesting and talented
Program Assistant, Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 6, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working on campus.
Cons: nothing i can truly think of.
positive experience, got to visit campus frequently, worked for Head of Public endowments who also served as head of CDC.
Co-workers were fun. I worked on the campus. Nothing was really that hard except taking minutes of meetings held by my supervisor.
Can work freely with amazing and forthcoming collegues
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), UNC Charlotte- Mechanical DepartmentJune 9, 2014
Pros: the place is amazing to work. a person is always there to lend a helping hand.
Cons: only one person controls the appointments and you are sure to get a job if you can please her.
Teaching a class at UNC Charlotte is a fun filled time spent with the students. The best part of this job is to be able to associate with many Doctors, dean of college and other professors here at UNC Charlotte. Along with this some of the student's life experiences are amazing.
a good place to do research
Post-doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 7, 2014
lab layout is open space lab which promote interaction between labs and resource sharing. limited parking. Most people park outside of the campus and take bus to come into the campus for work.
High Research level
Research Intern (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 4, 2014
High research level and they have prestigious hospital. I spent 10 weeks doing summer research, and I found this place calm and with a good environment for doing research.
Boring
Mathematics and Statistics Department Instructor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2014
Not much new everyday. Prepare lecture notes and instruct the students. Answer almost the same questions every semester.
Wonderful work environment
Assistant UNIX Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2014
Pros: great hours, great people to work with
Cons: low pay
I absolutely loved this job since I was working with UNIX and Linux specifically which I really really have a passion for. I learned a tremendous amount since I was working along side a senior UNIX admininstrator who had a ton of industry experience and really helped me take my Linux/UNIX skills to a more in depth level.

1 2 3 4