University of North Carolina

Domino Administrator and Support (Former Employee), GreensboroApril 7, 2015
• Responsible for daily monitoring
• Management user issues
• Talking with Monica to resolved users Pb
• Fixed users problem on time
• All services working fine
No better place to work
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Chapel HillApril 1, 2015
Beast place in the world to call home. The enjoyement of being in the best place in the world while getting paid was awesome.
UNC Job Review
Business Manager (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Staff is Friendly
Cons: Low Pay
Decent Job but pay is not that good at all. I enjoy the employees and there seems to be a good culture but not for longevity at all.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 23, 2015
Very supportive education department! Great people to work with and for. Very collaborative feel, non-competitive. Nice facilities/building too.
Cashier, Customer Service Specialist
Outtakes - Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches and dinner, professional business parties/events
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for me would be to open the store, turn on the oven, count my drawer and keep record of the amount starting out restock drinks,groceries, and my day starts by serving customers. Working at this company, the experience i gained taught me how to manage a store, flexibility, dependable and learning how satisfy demanding customers needs. My management experience was great I received hands on training from my manager and within a few days i was accustomed to the environment and the products, prices and several names of the customers that often visited the store. My coworkers were team oriented and hardworking people towards me and which was a big reflection on the company. The hardest part of the job was moving on because my coworkers had build a professional relationship and we had a mutual respect for one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was customers coming back for the great service and a cheerful work environment.
Good state job
Research Lab Technician (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 9, 2015
A fine place to start working and gain experience. Took care of lab rats by cleaning and feeding daily. Hardest part of the job is to stay busy, could easily have been a part time job. Boss was not in building, located somewhere else. Worked alone most of the time.
Very serious lab enviroment but extremely informative and an amazing boss.
Lab/Research Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day would involve doing a round of maintenance and cleaning of the lab area. Followed by assigned project or procedure given to me by the boss. Learned many lab techniques. Only co-workers were other students, so it was comforting. The hardest part of the job was cleaning very small glass and plastic ware that were extremely crucial to the research. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new procedures. The boss also allowed me to listen to music while I work, which made the time fly by.
ERP Project
Sr. Instructional Designer, Trainer (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 28, 2015
I am a contractor at UNC, so I cannot speak to what it's like to work here as a permanent employee. However, I have enjoyed the people I work with very much. Like any job, how pleasant it is depends on your manager, and I have been lucky in this regard.
UNC at Chapel Hill
Office Assistant IV (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: it education
UNC is the most professional unique and interesting place I have ever worked. I gained vast computer experience and working in a exceptionally diverse fast paced environment. Everyone I worked with demonstrated such professionalism, it was such a pleasure working with them everyday. I was in a position directly interacting with UNC Officials, staff and students providing a constantly moving day of leaning and teaching. The Director Sam Odom; the Business and Finance manager Greg Burress, my direct supervisor, right on through the hundreds of FPG scientists, researchers, and others are the most fun and educational people I have ever known. I was put in a Reduction in Force status but I will always love and appreciate my time there.
Very good place to work.
Alumni Affairs and Development Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: training
Work days vary depending on time of year. Fall semester was general very busy with work related to incoming student and Graduation. Spring semester was busy with Awards Ceremonies and Graduation. Adjusting to new things was difficult because there is a lack of training for jobs.
Student
Student (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Learned about health care professionals, learned to be a team player
Educational, quite and enriching
Assistant Student Librarian (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: using my arabic and persian languge skills
Cons: it was a student only position
While at the Middle East Studies Library at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I directly assisted in the receiving, organization and transliteration of book shipments from Iran, Lebanon, Israel, and Egypt. This was also a rich source for my research and education in general. Not only did I assist in the aforementioned areas, but I also helped in building donor relations in order for The Middle East Studies Library.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCDecember 16, 2014
I was a graduate teaching assistant at UNC in the Economics department and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Knowledge of doctor I worked with
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: long term benefits
This was the first job I got working as a Nurse Practitioner. I learned so much from the physician I worked with.
clinical fellow
Abdominal Fellow (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 4, 2014
Clinical fellow. Responsibilites included US, CT, MRI reads as well as presiding over residents.
support
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Hills, NCOctober 30, 2014
working in HR as a support person with file helping people with their benefits for working.
UNC Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 16, 2014
A great environment to work and learn in. The management was amazing and there was always work to keep you thinking.
Excellent Place to Work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, excellent management and work environment
Cons: no opportunity for growth in the department
This has been the best job I have ever had. The work environment is excellent: my coworkers are a TEAM and really help each other, and the management is supportive and flexible and always looking to help their staff grow and be successful. The job responsibilities are fun and stress-free, and it is fun to work with students and instructors.

The hardest part about this job for me is that I am looking for opportunities to grow and there isn't much movement in the department. I am looking for more responsibilities and opportunities to be in management and develop my skills while learning new ones.
Highly informative
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: fee waiver
It was very challenging to be Research Assistant.It involved a lot of creativity and knowledge. It boosted my confidence to think something new and made me a better person overall.
An excellent university
Teaching Fellow (Former Employee), Chapel Hill. NCAugust 2, 2014
I was offered a merit scholarship, full tuition remission and a teaching fellowship which included health care coverage and COBRA.

1 2 3 4 5