University of North Carolina Employee Reviews in United States

Full of possibilities
Director of Staff Employment (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2016
UNC Charlotte is rich with opportunities to explore different things, whether it is music, arts, festival, or athletic events.There are many possibilities to stay culturally rich and informed.
Pros
Potential for diversity
Cons
Not enough administrative support
Supporting Cadets
Chapel Hill Senior Army ROTC Department (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 27, 2016
A typical day with serving cadets is very demanding and exciting at the same time. Patents with cadets is very critical because they are college kids go have graduated from high school.
Pros
Training cadets in a motherly way
Cons
N/A
A great opportunity
Epic Go-Live Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 27, 2016
I really enjoyed my assignment at UNC. It is a very professional environment and everyone works extremely well together.
It depends who you work with
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 16, 2016
There are several professors I worked with. The one of them unfortunately did not have integrity. That tenured professor stole students' and postdocs' papers and patents. The school did not act.
fun work place
Electronics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 16, 2016
it is enjoyable place to work. it is fully nice people around the campus and around facilities. only the bad things there is poor management. management bothering the employees trying to be show off.
Wonderful opportunity!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 14, 2016
I experienced a wonderful opportunity to teach during the summer semester. The intense schedule was grueling but exciting. Students and instructor learned so much and had fun doing it!
Fine
Research Project Director (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 5, 2016
Good place to work. They pay you, the campus is nice, the people are nice and there's lots of opportunities for additional learning. No complaints.
Large and diverse institution with many bureaucratic obstacles
Teaching Assistant; Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 13, 2016
Difficult to assess objectively given my role as a doctoral student researcher and teaching assistant. The most difficult problem facing researchers in this position is the institutionalized hierarchy and corresponding disempowerment to make the decisions necessary to advance research in the best possible ways.
Great University
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  School of MusicApril 24, 2016
This job entailed managing a team of 20 student employees while promoting the presence of the university libraries. I enjoy working in an academic environment in a position that allows me to promote a positive work environment.
Relaxed Job setting
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2016
Great environment with great staff, very laid back job and its usually not as busy compared to retail pharmacy. Monday through Friday off weekends.
Good people but new systems resulted in a lot of negative turn around.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NC 27599March 24, 2016
Daily management of operations for an academic medical training program which included daily scheduling/calendar management, all computer support and website management, serve as the singular liaison for the program in all forms of required communication.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Parking
Great Environment, Fun to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2016
I am working as a Research Assistant at CCI and the overall experience is fun since I got to learn a lot. Fun Environment and great technical support.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
None that i could think of
Excellent Graduate School
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 7, 2016
The graduate school at the University of North Carolina has been a great place to further my education. The people here have been very supportive and have helped me grow in my independence in academic research
Great place, challenging and exciting environment.
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 7, 2016
Excellent work environment that engenders motivation, and creativity. Garnered further leadership qualities as well as interpersonal skills to effectively meet project deadlines. Faculty, staff and fellow graduate students are kind, helpful and very cooperative.
RN's need a union
operating room staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 2, 2016
don't work at duke or unc. leave the state, go earn make real money elsewhere. go union maybe california? blah blahl bhahaha akdlkfj daf daf
Pros
Cons
pay to park, expensive health care, low salary raises barely keeping with inflation
A very family like work environment with all the good and not so good parts of being in a family
Social Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJanuary 26, 2016
While working for the University of North Carolina, I worked one on one with clients that were previously diagnosed with a variety of intellectual disabilities, specializing specifically with autism disorder. I got to know my co-workers and clients very well and even still, I maintain communication with them as often as I can. Working at the Carolina Living and Learning Center, I learned a great deal of what it means to be an individual and that just like any neurotypical thinking person, individuals with autism have specific needs, likes, dislikes, hobbies, fears, and passions just the same as any one else. It is just the details that we focus on that makes us individuals in the first place. The biggest challenge in being in this field of work would have to be the occasional violent outbursts from the clients. It is typically easy to tell if these outbursts are about to happen just by observing usual signs of aggressive behavior, but there have been a few times where the outbursts resulted in me being momentarily hospitalized. All in all, there was never a dull moment working at this facility and I would't trade the experience for anything.
Pros
Building strong relationships with the clients as well as staff.
Cons
Dealing with occasional violent outbursts.Some that even resulted in me being hospitalized.
Awesome place
Office of Student Affairs, Major Gift Officer (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 26, 2016
UNC is a great place. I am blessed to have worked at my Alma mater and represent the University.

The University supported me through some very personal times and I will be forever grateful.

I am proud to be an Alum.
good university
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2016
The job is quite interesting. my responsibility is to teach Statistics, Calculus and Algebra to the undergraduate students and
grade the students based on exams and class performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the students
golf course maintenance
golf course maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 29, 2015
general care and maintenance of the golf course, which included, but was not limited to; landscaping, sodding greens,fairways, tees, and rough areas.
Pros
receiving free season tickets to football and basketball games
Cons
working outside during the winter
wonderful
Special Event Office Asst (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 11, 2015
I was a retired UNC Chapel Hill employee. I began working for UNC again for the Department of Transportation and Parking. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3