University of North Carolina Employee Reviews

Excellent place for UNC Students to work
CMSP Student Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 19, 2017
The management style is generally laid back which has both benefits and drawbacks. While employees have a lot of freedom sometimes they complain that there is not a lot of guidance. Overall, I learned a lot and it was a great place for students to work.
UNC is a top tier institution
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 11, 2017
Grad school at UNC was suberb! There were so many labs to choose from and all of the professors there are top notch. The work week is usually not more than 40 hrs and weekends and holidays are cherished. They pay according to the NIH guidelines and there is a real family feel to it with your coworkers/managers. Once you get in to UNC, you are family and you will succeed!
Pros
High Impact University, cutting edge research
Cons
Hyper-competitive productivity required
Wonderful shadowing experience
Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 7, 2017
I had a wonderful experience shadowing at UNC. Everyone I talked to was open to teaching me about what they were doing and why. Nurses and physicians were excited about showing me their role in the hospital and I felt motivated.
Fun Workplace, Great Experience to higher level football programs
Student Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 3, 2017
I would begin the day by following a script and setting up the field with various types of equipment. I would then be around a position coach to help him coach the players or do as he wanted to help him with a drill. I would end the day with doing laundry for the players and staff. I think traveling is the best part of the job, we got to be inside of the Philadelphia Eagles stadium.
Pros
Coach Experience
Cons
Pay was below average
Great place and work experience
SAS Programmer (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 20, 2017
a good place to work and very clean building. Fast base. Is highly respected by employees for sharing concerns, problems, and opportunities. It's great to be part of something larger than just selling advertising. Helping People get jobs is very rewarding and provides great satisfaction on a daily basis.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
I just did this
Cash Register Attendant (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2017
It's making me write this review twice. I dont even remember what I typed the first time. I barely remember working here as it is. THis is mad annoying yo.
Good Workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 4, 2017
You get a lot to learn from the professors and the students.Timings are flexible. Scope to learn different topics.Professors are very resourceful and helpful.
Outstanding Work Environment/Chance to Influence North Carolina College System as a GA
Charlotte, Office of Assessment and Accreditation (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2017
My time here has been outstanding. I have done research, analysis, and created material that will dramatically impact education at UNCC. I am conducting meetings with the heads of the departments of the entire school, setting new standards and precedents that will benefit current and future students.
Unc
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 29, 2017
It was an OK place to work. Leadership is some departments did not always listen to their staff's opinions, but overall an OK place to work. There are really good people that work there.
Love It All
Dental Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 27, 2017
Typically, I wrap cassettes filled with dental instruments. I ensure that none of them are broken, and place them in an established order. I have learned the value of teamwork in a small group setting, and how to see progress even when a workload seems daunting. The management, though often rotation, is quite strong, and is always encouraging and providing feedback. The hardest part of the job is that there is always a mountain of work to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone is very warm and inviting. There is also almost always an event happening, so food is around more often than not.
Pros
Food; good management; good work hours
Cons
Heavy work load
Ta at unc
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 23, 2017
I work as a TA (grader) at UNC STOR department. It usually tooks 8 hours per week to grade all the homework. Professors are nice. I enjoy the experience.
it was satisfactory in terms of teaching me the techniques of becoming a floor care tech
Floor Technician/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 17, 2017
they paid once a month and the management was not as good as it could have been, they were not understanding when it came to family issues and I feel they could have been more compassionate towards its employees
Cons
horrible management
productive work environment
PROJECT MANAGER / RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 8, 2017
The University of North Carolina provides a great work environment. Management is honest and communicative. Talented and committed health researchers add to what the organization stands for.
Student Research
Biochemistry Research (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 27, 2017
There are many PI's that are eager to take in students to do scut work. Their grant money isn't going to you obviously. Great way to learn common skills such as sterile technique, micropipetting, gel electrophoresis, etc.
Pros
Great Skills Learned
Established company
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 24, 2017
Organized not much room for growth. I enjoyed working with my co-worker they made the work environment fun. I wouldn't go back because I don't see a career in the film industry.
Cheep easy work
Desk worker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCFebruary 19, 2017
You sit behind the desk at the gym and sign people in via card scanner. May have to provide information about the facility and watch and enforce gym rules.
Pros
Super simple, short work hours
Cons
Occasionally boring, cannot workout while working
Best place for scientists
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Chapel HillJanuary 27, 2017
UNC is a wonderful place for academics ! I strongly suggest to participate one of the events at UNC.
Postdoctoral Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 12, 2017
I have enjoyed the high educational quality offered by North Carolina State University. I worked there for 5 years as graduate student in the Department of Plant Pathology.
learn and development
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 12, 2017
I have enjoyed work environment. Nice boss who will give you the chances, fun coworker make you want to do more for them. you learn and develop more.
It was a fun place to work , it was just temporary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCDecember 28, 2016
I enjoyed this job, because I was able to work at my own pace and it was very friendly co-workers. This was a very good workplace. I really enjoyed the fact that there was always something o do to keep you busy doing the work time. I also like the fact that it was first job.
Pros
Friends and Fun day
Cons
temporay position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3