University of North Carolina

University of North Carolina Employer Reviews

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCDecember 16, 2014
I was a graduate teaching assistant at UNC in the Economics department and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Knowledge of doctor I worked with
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: long term benefits
This was the first job I got working as a Nurse Practitioner. I learned so much from the physician I worked with.
clinical fellow
Abdominal Fellow (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 4, 2014
Clinical fellow. Responsibilites included US, CT, MRI reads as well as presiding over residents.
support
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Hills, NCOctober 30, 2014
working in HR as a support person with file helping people with their benefits for working.
UNC Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 16, 2014
A great environment to work and learn in. The management was amazing and there was always work to keep you thinking.
Excellent Place to Work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, excellent management and work environment
Cons: no opportunity for growth in the department
This has been the best job I have ever had. The work environment is excellent: my coworkers are a TEAM and really help each other, and the management is supportive and flexible and always looking to help their staff grow and be successful. The job responsibilities are fun and stress-free, and it is fun to work with students and instructors.

The hardest – more... part about this job for me is that I am looking for opportunities to grow and there isn't much movement in the department. I am looking for more responsibilities and opportunities to be in management and develop my skills while learning new ones. – less
Highly informative
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: fee waiver
It was very challenging to be Research Assistant.It involved a lot of creativity and knowledge. It boosted my confidence to think something new and made me a better person overall.
Looking for new job opportunity
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee), HendersonvilleJuly 21, 2014
No longer working with UNC Pardee; looking for new job opportunity
Great job!
Per Diem Nurse (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: terrific place to work. great advancement for nurses who are willing to work hard.
Stayed 30 years with this company. Then returned per diem after retirement. Great leadership and always room for advancement. Loved the staff and the ability to learn something new everyday. Yearly merit raises. So if you worked hard you always got a raise. I miss the hospital and the people.
worked with personnel who were well educated and quite interesting and talented
Program Assistant, Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 6, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working on campus.
Cons: nothing i can truly think of.
positive experience, got to visit campus frequently, worked for Head of Public endowments who also served as head of CDC.
Co-workers were fun. I worked on the campus. Nothing was really that hard except taking minutes of meetings held by my supervisor.
Can work freely with amazing and forthcoming collegues
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), UNC Charlotte- Mechanical DepartmentJune 9, 2014
Pros: the place is amazing to work. a person is always there to lend a helping hand.
Cons: only one person controls the appointments and you are sure to get a job if you can please her.
Teaching a class at UNC Charlotte is a fun filled time spent with the students. The best part of this job is to be able to associate with many Doctors, dean of college and other professors here at UNC Charlotte. Along with this some of the student's life experiences are amazing.
a good place to do research
Post-doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 7, 2014
lab layout is open space lab which promote interaction between labs and resource sharing. limited parking. Most people park outside of the campus and take bus to come into the campus for work.
High Research level
Research Intern (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 4, 2014
High research level and they have prestigious hospital. I spent 10 weeks doing summer research, and I found this place calm and with a good environment for doing research.
Boring
Mathematics and Statistics Department Instructor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2014
Not much new everyday. Prepare lecture notes and instruct the students. Answer almost the same questions every semester.
Wonderful work environment
Assistant UNIX Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2014
Pros: great hours, great people to work with
Cons: low pay
I absolutely loved this job since I was working with UNIX and Linux specifically which I really really have a passion for. I learned a tremendous amount since I was working along side a senior UNIX admininstrator who had a ton of industry experience and really helped me take my Linux/UNIX skills to a more in depth level.
UNC is a good place to work
Business Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 19, 2014
Pros: flexible workplace
Cons: in the office by myself most of the time
Organizing, coordinating and monitoring all non-clinical operations of the ACTT team including: managing medical records, Operating and coordinating the MIS system, maintaining and managing budget records, program expenditures, maintaining and tracking team performance data including client outcomes and producing reports. Actively participating in daily – more... team meetings, assisting with organizational record keeping, and scheduling activities, providing and coordinating program information to potential clients and other mental health providers. Serving as the liaison between the Management Team and the clinical staff, which includes streamlining administrative tasks in order for the clinical staff to focus on their clinical responsibilities. Responsible for processing purchase requisitions, check requests and travel reimbursements. Also responsible for working with the Team Leader or other departmental administrative staff in preparing special reports by gathering, analyzing and interpreting information for presentation. S/he may, at times, be responsible for coordinating and/or participating in special projects, meetings or other events as requested. – less
Worst Place to work
Vehicle Operator (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: paycheck
Never work for the University of North Carolina or the housekeeping department, I have regretted this for the past ten years.
Great place to work and gain experience in exciting research
North Carolina Acute HIV Database Manager (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, ability to work remotely
Cons: stressful work environment
Good place to work. Lots of opportunity to contribute to interesting, exciting, and meaningful research. Colleagues are smart, thoughtful individuals.
Treasurer- i treasure all the income of the organization
Lab Assistant/Associate (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 27, 2014
I make account to the president after every meeting if members paid their dues.Team work was vital and time to schedule meetings were big issues.I enjoyed this position, it helps me to promote more on integrity and accountability.
Great for Undergraduate Teaching Experience
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for Economics (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 16, 2014
Pros: good coworkers, good work-life balance
I was a TA for Economics for a year and thought it was a rewarding experience. We had freedom to design our help sessions any way we wanted. Everything went well.

1 2 3 4