University of North Carolina

University of North Carolina Employer Reviews

Great for Undergraduate Teaching Experience
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for Economics (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 16, 2014
Pros: good coworkers, good work-life balance
I was a TA for Economics for a year and thought it was a rewarding experience. We had freedom to design our help sessions any way we wanted. Everything went well.
An environment with professionals who are ready to add more to their knowledge
Epic OpTime/Anesthesia Consultant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 16, 2014
I worked Night shift in my first week and usually the night commences from 6pm and at such time Operation rooms were busy with Surgeons and Anesthetist practicing their specialties, and at every point I was at hand to give necessary guide to them on how to navigate through Epic to accomplish their tasks.

The Medical Intensive Unit was my next point – more... of call where I equally lend necessary helping hands to residents and intern and medical student.

Working with all these thorough breed professionals was a pleasant moment, easy to interact with and friendly set of professionals.

I later worked with Neurologist in the Ambulatory clinic which was another set of experience with another set of professionals who are ready to work with Epic but with nostalgia attachment to their previous package. – less
Awesome Experience.
Student Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2014
Awesome atmosphere working in college sports. Attend all sporting events while promoting the Charlotte 49ers!
A nice work environment with good empolyees that work hard.
Clinical Education/Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: the work atmosphere is very nice.
Cons: part time, state budget prevents full time and raises
My manager is very easy going, approachable and personable. I was able to work independently with minimal supervision. The hardest part of my job was leaning on my own with no training.
Rewarding Workplace
Senior Student Laboratory Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: working with clients, perfect balance between work and school
Cons: very busy times during the early fall and spring semesters
Being a Senior Student Lab Manager at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was a truly rewarding experience. While employed with UNCG, I have learned a great deal about managing ITS labs, assisting undergraduates, and working to resolve issues with faculty and staff. A typical work day require any number of duties from giving tours of UNCG – more... ITS Labs to newly matriculated freshman, to setting up and giving presentations in UNCG expos for incoming students to managing 50+ employees while making sure that all 12 ITS Labs were running smoothly. – less
Grass roots research that leads to new and exciting opportunities.
Research Associate Professor (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 6, 2014
Research oriented position where I was responsible for synthesizing compounds of need for other researchers within the group. I was also responsible for increasing the production of brevenal, a compound that has potential as a treatment for Cystic fibrosis and is in preclinical studies. Brevenal is a natural product synthesized by the marine dinoflagellate – more... Karenia brevis (more familiar as the organism responsible for red tides in Florida). The organism is currently grown in 10L batches and I was able to increase the batch size to around 200L. From this work, I learned patience, as the cultures take a long time to grow. I had a lot of support from coworkers as they have been working with this organism for many years.
During the synthetic stage of my work, I had to purify the compounds for the end users. This usually involved using HPLC techniques and many of the instruments were old. These often had to be repaired, so I also learned how to dismantle the instrument, remedy the problem and put it back together.
The varied experiences are my favorite part of the job, but the lack of stability in the funding is the hardest part. – less
Wonderful Environment
Administrator (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 4, 2014
Great environment to work in. good people who really love what they do.
Academia
Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 31, 2014
A typical University environment with plenty of resources to facilitate your job and support system that is excellent.

Good working relation with multiple departments.
Great job.
Account Tech IV-Account Payables (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2014
Great job working on the campus of UNCC. Staff is very professional as well as management. Great learning and growing environment. Working with the students was great also.
A very smart and intelligent working group
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chapel hill, NCDecember 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: low or no pay
i get the opportunity to work remotely and have regular update meetings which i look forward to though sometimes it could be nerve recking.
great working relationship with colleagues.
Chapel Hill is also a great place to live and work.
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCDecember 26, 2013
State budget cuts often result in zero percent salary increases.
Rigorous scientific environment with strong collaborative spirit
Associate Professor of Medicine (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCDecember 18, 2013
UNC offers top notch research environment, very well managed research administration (IRB, OSR etc.) in addition to a collaborative spirit among faculty and one of the best towns to live and raise children.
Excellent opportunity to learn hands-on clinical research
Research Technician III (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 21, 2013
Top-notch research program for Cystic Fibrosis. Brilliant research professors in the department who were very helpful with teaching. Enjoyable co-workers.
Work study placement
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), Pembroke, NCOctober 30, 2013
I assisted in filing, delivering mail and checking the status of prospective students level of interest. When ever open houses occurred, I would assist one of the admission counselors in leading campus tours.
Fun place to work with a diverse culture
Project Administrator to the Director of HR (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCOctober 28, 2013
Meeting minutes, Management of SharePoint site, PeopleSoft training logistics for over 200 employees across campus.
Awesome Dental Hygiene Program!
Student Clinical Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCOctober 19, 2013
I was a student hygienist from 1/12 to 5/13. Instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful. Patients are very patient and understanding.
Productive, team oriented.
Accounting Technician (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 24, 2013
Pros: team environment
Cons: healthcare
The Department of Payroll is one of the most productive area of Finance. I work with the Bi-weekly division providing services to the entire university. We are a great example of true team work. Keeping everyone happy is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part is working with great co-workers ensuring that every employee is paid in a timely – more... manner. – less
Great university
student athlete (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: education
Earned an excellent degree from UNC-Chapel Hill and had an excellent opportunity to play for the varsity football program from 2008 to 2011.
Teir 1 University
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 26, 2013
Like many large Universities, the structure is collapsing.
GTA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 9, 2013
good experience working with your professors and offers more items for resume

1 2 3