University of North Carolina

University of North Carolina Employer Reviews

Highly informative
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: fee waiver
It was very challenging to be Research Assistant.It involved a lot of creativity and knowledge. It boosted my confidence to think something new and made me a better person overall.
An excellent university
Teaching Fellow (Former Employee), Chapel Hill. NCAugust 2, 2014
I was offered a merit scholarship, full tuition remission and a teaching fellowship which included health care coverage and COBRA.
Looking for new job opportunity
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee), HendersonvilleJuly 21, 2014
No longer working with UNC Pardee; looking for new job opportunity
Great job!
Per Diem Nurse (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: terrific place to work. great advancement for nurses who are willing to work hard.
Stayed 30 years with this company. Then returned per diem after retirement. Great leadership and always room for advancement. Loved the staff and the ability to learn something new everyday. Yearly merit raises. So if you worked hard you always got a raise. I miss the hospital and the people.
worked with personnel who were well educated and quite interesting and talented
Program Assistant, Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 6, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working on campus.
Cons: nothing i can truly think of.
positive experience, got to visit campus frequently, worked for Head of Public endowments who also served as head of CDC.
Co-workers were fun. I worked on the campus. Nothing was really that hard except taking minutes of meetings held by my supervisor.
Can work freely with amazing and forthcoming collegues
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), UNC Charlotte- Mechanical DepartmentJune 9, 2014
Pros: the place is amazing to work. a person is always there to lend a helping hand.
Cons: only one person controls the appointments and you are sure to get a job if you can please her.
Teaching a class at UNC Charlotte is a fun filled time spent with the students. The best part of this job is to be able to associate with many Doctors, dean of college and other professors here at UNC Charlotte. Along with this some of the student's life experiences are amazing.
a good place to do research
Post-doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 7, 2014
lab layout is open space lab which promote interaction between labs and resource sharing. limited parking. Most people park outside of the campus and take bus to come into the campus for work.
High Research level
Research Intern (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 4, 2014
High research level and they have prestigious hospital. I spent 10 weeks doing summer research, and I found this place calm and with a good environment for doing research.
Boring
Mathematics and Statistics Department Instructor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2014
Not much new everyday. Prepare lecture notes and instruct the students. Answer almost the same questions every semester.
Wonderful work environment
Assistant UNIX Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2014
Pros: great hours, great people to work with
Cons: low pay
I absolutely loved this job since I was working with UNIX and Linux specifically which I really really have a passion for. I learned a tremendous amount since I was working along side a senior UNIX admininstrator who had a ton of industry experience and really helped me take my Linux/UNIX skills to a more in depth level.
UNC is a good place to work
Business Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 19, 2014
Pros: flexible workplace
Cons: in the office by myself most of the time
Organizing, coordinating and monitoring all non-clinical operations of the ACTT team including: managing medical records, Operating and coordinating the MIS system, maintaining and managing budget records, program expenditures, maintaining and tracking team performance data including client outcomes and producing reports. Actively participating in daily – more... team meetings, assisting with organizational record keeping, and scheduling activities, providing and coordinating program information to potential clients and other mental health providers. Serving as the liaison between the Management Team and the clinical staff, which includes streamlining administrative tasks in order for the clinical staff to focus on their clinical responsibilities. Responsible for processing purchase requisitions, check requests and travel reimbursements. Also responsible for working with the Team Leader or other departmental administrative staff in preparing special reports by gathering, analyzing and interpreting information for presentation. S/he may, at times, be responsible for coordinating and/or participating in special projects, meetings or other events as requested. – less
Worst Place to work
Vehicle Operator (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: paycheck
Never work for the University of North Carolina or the housekeeping department, I have regretted this for the past ten years.
Great place to work and gain experience in exciting research
North Carolina Acute HIV Database Manager (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, ability to work remotely
Cons: stressful work environment
Good place to work. Lots of opportunity to contribute to interesting, exciting, and meaningful research. Colleagues are smart, thoughtful individuals.
Treasurer- i treasure all the income of the organization
Lab Assistant/Associate (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 27, 2014
I make account to the president after every meeting if members paid their dues.Team work was vital and time to schedule meetings were big issues.I enjoyed this position, it helps me to promote more on integrity and accountability.
Great for Undergraduate Teaching Experience
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for Economics (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 16, 2014
Pros: good coworkers, good work-life balance
I was a TA for Economics for a year and thought it was a rewarding experience. We had freedom to design our help sessions any way we wanted. Everything went well.
An environment with professionals who are ready to add more to their knowledge
Epic OpTime/Anesthesia Consultant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 16, 2014
I worked Night shift in my first week and usually the night commences from 6pm and at such time Operation rooms were busy with Surgeons and Anesthetist practicing their specialties, and at every point I was at hand to give necessary guide to them on how to navigate through Epic to accomplish their tasks.

The Medical Intensive Unit was my next point – more... of call where I equally lend necessary helping hands to residents and intern and medical student.

Working with all these thorough breed professionals was a pleasant moment, easy to interact with and friendly set of professionals.

I later worked with Neurologist in the Ambulatory clinic which was another set of experience with another set of professionals who are ready to work with Epic but with nostalgia attachment to their previous package. – less
Awesome Experience.
Student Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2014
Awesome atmosphere working in college sports. Attend all sporting events while promoting the Charlotte 49ers!
A nice work environment with good empolyees that work hard.
Clinical Education/Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: the work atmosphere is very nice.
Cons: part time, state budget prevents full time and raises
My manager is very easy going, approachable and personable. I was able to work independently with minimal supervision. The hardest part of my job was leaning on my own with no training.
Rewarding Workplace
Senior Student Laboratory Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: working with clients, perfect balance between work and school
Cons: very busy times during the early fall and spring semesters
Being a Senior Student Lab Manager at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was a truly rewarding experience. While employed with UNCG, I have learned a great deal about managing ITS labs, assisting undergraduates, and working to resolve issues with faculty and staff. A typical work day require any number of duties from giving tours of UNCG – more... ITS Labs to newly matriculated freshman, to setting up and giving presentations in UNCG expos for incoming students to managing 50+ employees while making sure that all 12 ITS Labs were running smoothly. – less
Grass roots research that leads to new and exciting opportunities.
Research Associate Professor (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 6, 2014
Research oriented position where I was responsible for synthesizing compounds of need for other researchers within the group. I was also responsible for increasing the production of brevenal, a compound that has potential as a treatment for Cystic fibrosis and is in preclinical studies. Brevenal is a natural product synthesized by the marine dinoflagellate – more... Karenia brevis (more familiar as the organism responsible for red tides in Florida). The organism is currently grown in 10L batches and I was able to increase the batch size to around 200L. From this work, I learned patience, as the cultures take a long time to grow. I had a lot of support from coworkers as they have been working with this organism for many years.
During the synthetic stage of my work, I had to purify the compounds for the end users. This usually involved using HPLC techniques and many of the instruments were old. These often had to be repaired, so I also learned how to dismantle the instrument, remedy the problem and put it back together.
The varied experiences are my favorite part of the job, but the lack of stability in the funding is the hardest part. – less

1 2 3 4