University of North Carolina Employee Reviews in United States

good university
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2016
The job is quite interesting. my responsibility is to teach Statistics, Calculus and Algebra to the undergraduate students and
grade the students based on exams and class performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the students
golf course maintenance
golf course maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 29, 2015
general care and maintenance of the golf course, which included, but was not limited to; landscaping, sodding greens,fairways, tees, and rough areas.
Pros
receiving free season tickets to football and basketball games
Cons
working outside during the winter
Great job!
Per Diem Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 16, 2014
Stayed 30 years with this company. Then returned per diem after retirement. Great leadership and always room for advancement. Loved the staff and the ability to learn something new everyday. Yearly merit raises. So if you worked hard you always got a raise. I miss the hospital and the people.
Pros
terrific place to work. great advancement for nurses who are willing to work hard.
Very good place to work.
Alumni Affairs and Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Work days vary depending on time of year. Fall semester was general very busy with work related to incoming student and Graduation. Spring semester was busy with Awards Ceremonies and Graduation. Adjusting to new things was difficult because there is a lack of training for jobs.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
training
It's fine
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 12, 2015
Annoying that I can't get a parking pass but buses are free. I work for a professor not the university. Postdocs get their health coverage paid for by the professor (as long as you don't have dependents).
a fair place for full time faculty
Program chair/faculty (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 4, 2015
as a place to work for full time faculty it was a fairly decent place to work aside from all the inter program drama. a terrific arts conservatory environment.
Pros
nice arts culture and great students
Cons
too much inter-program fighting
UNC is Awesome
GRAPHIC/WEB DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 1, 2015
Great place to work! Good people with a vested interest in their community and lots of educational opportunities for those who are interested in improving themselves.
wonderful
Special Event Office Asst (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 11, 2015
I was a retired UNC Chapel Hill employee. I began working for UNC again for the Department of Transportation and Parking. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and customer service.
Okay workplace. just no benefits and have to take 31 days off once a year
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 10, 2013
The University in a whole is okay to work for. I have just been passed over for several promotions in my department. so, i am looking elsewhere.
Pros
it's easy, most of the people i have enjoyed working with.
Cons
you get no benefits or raises and have to take 31 days off in a row once a year, they do this so they don't have to pay you any benefits.
A nice work environment with good empolyees that work hard.
Clinical Education/Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 31, 2014
My manager is very easy going, approachable and personable. I was able to work independently with minimal supervision. The hardest part of my job was leaning on my own with no training.
Pros
the work atmosphere is very nice.
Cons
part time, state budget prevents full time and raises
most enjoyable part of the job
Teaching Assistant for Big Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2015
I enjoy listening to Dr.Z's classes and also enjoy reading student's point of view on Big data . Also, what i enjoy the most is learning from them multiple ways to solve each problem
Pros
friendly environment
Rigorous scientific environment with strong collaborative spirit
Associate Professor of Medicine (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 18, 2013
UNC offers top notch research environment, very well managed research administration (IRB, OSR etc.) in addition to a collaborative spirit among faculty and one of the best towns to live and raise children.
Great Place - Horrible Budget
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 26, 2012
Wonderful staff and great atmosphere. Unfortunately no money in the state's budget and IT seems to be the first department affected so job security is at an all-time low.
Pros
colleagues and support system.
Cons
no chance for advancement or raises due to
Knowledge of doctor I worked with
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 11, 2014
This was the first job I got working as a Nurse Practitioner. I learned so much from the physician I worked with.
Pros
learning environment
Cons
long term benefits
fair place to work
Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 4, 2013
enjoyed the patients/families as well as nursing staff. Physicians sometimes do not respect what we do.
Pros
great place to live
Cons
state institution, poor salary, no raise in 5 yrs
Full of challenges and excitement
Research Assistant professor (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 23, 2015
Fun and well learning research experience in UNC. Wonderful co-workers and talented students. The most enjoyable part is can always find expertise in the area I am going to touch. A good research environment for collaborations.
support
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hills, NCOctober 30, 2014
working in HR as a support person with file helping people with their benefits for working.
Balance of work/life
Director of Continuing Education (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 22, 2012
Faculty and staff enjoy a well-balanced life at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no raises
For being an RA it was okay
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 29, 2015
Being an RA is hard but worth it. Sometimes you have to wake up at 3 am to let in someone who locked themselves out. But sometimes you don't do anything.
Worst Place to work
Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 13, 2014
Never work for the University of North Carolina or the housekeeping department, I have regretted this for the past ten years.
benefits
Cons
paycheck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3