University of North Carolina Employee Reviews

Love It All
Dental Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 27, 2017
Typically, I wrap cassettes filled with dental instruments. I ensure that none of them are broken, and place them in an established order. I have learned the value of teamwork in a small group setting, and how to see progress even when a workload seems daunting. The management, though often rotation, is quite strong, and is always encouraging and providing feedback. The hardest part of the job is that there is always a mountain of work to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone is very warm and inviting. There is also almost always an event happening, so food is around more often than not.
Pros
Food; good management; good work hours
Cons
Heavy work load
Ta at unc
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 23, 2017
I work as a TA (grader) at UNC STOR department. It usually tooks 8 hours per week to grade all the homework. Professors are nice. I enjoy the experience.
it was satisfactory in terms of teaching me the techniques of becoming a floor care tech
Floor Technician/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 17, 2017
they paid once a month and the management was not as good as it could have been, they were not understanding when it came to family issues and I feel they could have been more compassionate towards its employees
Cons
horrible management
productive work environment
PROJECT MANAGER / RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 8, 2017
The University of North Carolina provides a great work environment. Management is honest and communicative. Talented and committed health researchers add to what the organization stands for.
Student Research
Biochemistry Research (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 27, 2017
There are many PI's that are eager to take in students to do scut work. Their grant money isn't going to you obviously. Great way to learn common skills such as sterile technique, micropipetting, gel electrophoresis, etc.
Pros
Great Skills Learned
Established company
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 24, 2017
Organized not much room for growth. I enjoyed working with my co-worker they made the work environment fun. I wouldn't go back because I don't see a career in the film industry.
Cheep easy work
Desk worker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCFebruary 19, 2017
You sit behind the desk at the gym and sign people in via card scanner. May have to provide information about the facility and watch and enforce gym rules.
Pros
Super simple, short work hours
Cons
Occasionally boring, cannot workout while working
Postdoctoral Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 12, 2017
I have enjoyed the high educational quality offered by North Carolina State University. I worked there for 5 years as graduate student in the Department of Plant Pathology.
learn and development
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 12, 2017
I have enjoyed work environment. Nice boss who will give you the chances, fun coworker make you want to do more for them. you learn and develop more.
It was a fun place to work , it was just temporary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCDecember 28, 2016
I enjoyed this job, because I was able to work at my own pace and it was very friendly co-workers. This was a very good workplace. I really enjoyed the fact that there was always something o do to keep you busy doing the work time. I also like the fact that it was first job.
Pros
Friends and Fun day
Cons
temporay position
Executive Assistant to Associate Vice Chancelor (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 16, 2016
A really great place to work. Promote from within. Listen to what employees have to say. Provide a motivational atmosphere.
Large university
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel hill, ncNovember 14, 2016
There are always benefits and inconveniences with a large university. Job security is high but work culture is not the strongest. Turnover is low for administrative positions so it seems one could work there a number of years and retire safely.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
No parking
Great location and clients
Technology (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2016
Working to help educate is a wonderful thing. The campus environment is excellent; you can walk outside for a moment and there's often a unique energy when classes are in session. Recommend speaking with current employees when interviewing to get an idea of the current work environment for that department.
Flexible work enviornment
University Administrator (Zone Manager) (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 3, 2016
I like it here at UNC. the job itself is fairly easy as long as you stay up on your paperwork. I have learn to be more patient with people due to the variety in nationalities and the age group in which I supervise. My supervisor is a good guy and is understanding as long as you communicate with him. my co-workers are a great team and do not mind helping when it is needed. The hardest pat of my job is dealing with the different personalities. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is being able to get my employees together to have a celebration to help raise moral.
Excellent work environment
Vendor Coordinator - Finance Division (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 4, 2016
The people I work with at UNC provided a friendly work environment, the management was extremely helpful, and the hours were flexible. The only things I did not enjoy about UNC was the lack of training I received when first starting and how they used full time temporary employees as opposed to standard full time positions.
Great and healthy atmosphere.
Fitness Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2016
My job duties include guiding the patrons how to work out, help them with minor and major issues, taking care of the fitness centre facilities.
The supervisors as well the co-workers are pretty helpful and friendly.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 16, 2016
University offers excellent amenities and highly knowledgeable professors to guide students during masters. This role helps develop mentoring capabilities during graduation.
some great people to work with
Business and Technology Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2016
Hardest part of my job is seeing that some people are afraid of change but in IT change is a constant. I have had a lot of interaction with clients and love that aspect to work with diverse people.
Small school with big potential
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 29, 2016
Great location close to the beaches. Small department with big personalities. Visiting artist make for interesting production work. Great fitness center on campus.
Great Learning Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2016
I have been working with the computer science department at UNC Charlotte as a teaching assistant for almost a year now. It has been a great ride so far. You get to learn many things along with a decent compensation and relatively less workload.
Pros
Decent Compensation
Cons
Politics