University of North Carolina Employee Reviews

Knowledge of doctor I worked with
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 11, 2014
This was the first job I got working as a Nurse Practitioner. I learned so much from the physician I worked with.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Long term benefits
Great
Functional Lead (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 3, 2015
Great place to work. nice colleagues. Contributed and Learnt a lot.
• Work on Implementation, Design, Development and validation of PeopleSoft Enterprise performance management (EPM) with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and Custom built UNC data warehouse based on SAS Data Integration tool with SAS Visual Analytics reporting tool and Custom Infoporte PHP based reporting tool.
• Work closely with analysts in analysis and design phase for the PeopleSoft EPM v9.1 Warehouse, OBIEE marts and subject areas, UNC Custom built data warehouse and SAS VA reports.
• Evaluate the delivered Data Mart structures, assess the currently used reports from the user community (PS Query and other tools), and articulate clearly verbally and in written form the requirements and possible design approaches.
Worst Place to work
Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 13, 2014
Never work for the University of North Carolina or the housekeeping department, I have regretted this for the past ten years.
Benefits
Cons
Paycheck
Great place, challenging and exciting environment.
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 7, 2016
Excellent work environment that engenders motivation, and creativity. Garnered further leadership qualities as well as interpersonal skills to effectively meet project deadlines. Faculty, staff and fellow graduate students are kind, helpful and very cooperative.
Relaxed Job setting
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2016
Great environment with great staff, very laid back job and its usually not as busy compared to retail pharmacy. Monday through Friday off weekends.
Chapel Hill is also a great place to live and work.
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 26, 2013
State budget cuts often result in zero percent salary increases.
support
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hills, NCOctober 30, 2014
working in HR as a support person with file helping people with their benefits for working.
Excellent Graduate School
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 7, 2016
The graduate school at the University of North Carolina has been a great place to further my education. The people here have been very supportive and have helped me grow in my independence in academic research
Awesome place
Office of Student Affairs, Major Gift Officer (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 26, 2016
UNC is a great place. I am blessed to have worked at my Alma mater and represent the University.

The University supported me through some very personal times and I will be forever grateful.

I am proud to be an Alum.
A very family like work environment with all the good and not so good parts of being in a family
Social Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJanuary 26, 2016
While working for the University of North Carolina, I worked one on one with clients that were previously diagnosed with a variety of intellectual disabilities, specializing specifically with autism disorder. I got to know my co-workers and clients very well and even still, I maintain communication with them as often as I can. Working at the Carolina Living and Learning Center, I learned a great deal of what it means to be an individual and that just like any neurotypical thinking person, individuals with autism have specific needs, likes, dislikes, hobbies, fears, and passions just the same as any one else. It is just the details that we focus on that makes us individuals in the first place. The biggest challenge in being in this field of work would have to be the occasional violent outbursts from the clients. It is typically easy to tell if these outbursts are about to happen just by observing usual signs of aggressive behavior, but there have been a few times where the outbursts resulted in me being momentarily hospitalized. All in all, there was never a dull moment working at this facility and I would't trade the experience for anything.
Pros
Building strong relationships with the clients as well as staff.
Cons
Dealing with occasional violent outbursts.Some that even resulted in me being hospitalized.
good university
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2016
The job is quite interesting. my responsibility is to teach Statistics, Calculus and Algebra to the undergraduate students and
grade the students based on exams and class performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the students
Excellent Place to Work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2014
This has been the best job I have ever had. The work environment is excellent: my coworkers are a TEAM and really help each other, and the management is supportive and flexible and always looking to help their staff grow and be successful. The job responsibilities are fun and stress-free, and it is fun to work with students and instructors.

The hardest part about this job for me is that I am looking for opportunities to grow and there isn't much movement in the department. I am looking for more responsibilities and opportunities to be in management and develop my skills while learning new ones.
Pros
flexible work schedule, excellent management and work environment
Cons
no opportunity for growth in the department
golf course maintenance
golf course maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 29, 2015
general care and maintenance of the golf course, which included, but was not limited to; landscaping, sodding greens,fairways, tees, and rough areas.
Pros
receiving free season tickets to football and basketball games
Cons
working outside during the winter
Cashier, Customer Service Specialist
Outtakes - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be to open the store, turn on the oven, count my drawer and keep record of the amount starting out restock drinks,groceries, and my day starts by serving customers. Working at this company, the experience i gained taught me how to manage a store, flexibility, dependable and learning how satisfy demanding customers needs. My management experience was great I received hands on training from my manager and within a few days i was accustomed to the environment and the products, prices and several names of the customers that often visited the store. My coworkers were team oriented and hardworking people towards me and which was a big reflection on the company. The hardest part of the job was moving on because my coworkers had build a professional relationship and we had a mutual respect for one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was customers coming back for the great service and a cheerful work environment.
Pros
Free lunches and dinner, professional business parties/events
Cons
Short breaks
a fair place for full time faculty
Program chair/faculty (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 4, 2015
as a place to work for full time faculty it was a fairly decent place to work aside from all the inter program drama. a terrific arts conservatory environment.
Pros
nice arts culture and great students
Cons
too much inter-program fighting
It's fine
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 12, 2015
Annoying that I can't get a parking pass but buses are free. I work for a professor not the university. Postdocs get their health coverage paid for by the professor (as long as you don't have dependents).
UNC is Awesome
GRAPHIC/WEB DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 1, 2015
Great place to work! Good people with a vested interest in their community and lots of educational opportunities for those who are interested in improving themselves.
wonderful
Special Event Office Asst (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 11, 2015
I was a retired UNC Chapel Hill employee. I began working for UNC again for the Department of Transportation and Parking. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and customer service.
most enjoyable part of the job
Teaching Assistant for Big Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2015
I enjoy listening to Dr.Z's classes and also enjoy reading student's point of view on Big data . Also, what i enjoy the most is learning from them multiple ways to solve each problem
Pros
friendly environment
UNC at Chapel Hill
Office Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 19, 2015
UNC is the most professional unique and interesting place I have ever worked. I gained vast computer experience and working in a exceptionally diverse fast paced environment. Everyone I worked with demonstrated such professionalism, it was such a pleasure working with them everyday. I was in a position directly interacting with UNC Officials, staff and students providing a constantly moving day of leaning and teaching. The Director Sam Odom; the Business and Finance manager Greg Burress, my direct supervisor, right on through the hundreds of FPG scientists, researchers, and others are the most fun and educational people I have ever known. I was put in a Reduction in Force status but I will always love and appreciate my time there.
Pros
IT education
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2