University of North Carolina Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent benefit package and work environment
Admin for Office of University Counsel (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 5, 2013
The office with somewhat flexible with the start time due to so many employee who commuted. I chose to begin my day at 8:30am with a thirty minute lunch and finishing work at 5:00pm. This office worked well together and was very cohesive. We had an office of approximately forty employees. Twenty attorneys and twenty full and part-time staff, paralegals, fellows and interns. There was no distinction made on your position we all worked as a team. We had weekly functions which included food and interaction.
Pros
great comraderie, good employees
Cons
short breaks, difficult to leave desk
Good hours
Asst (Former Employee) –  UNCFebruary 20, 2013
Poor management working alongside hispanics fluent understanding of spanish is a plus rude co-workers must be able to withstand extreme temperatures great scenery good hours paid vacation
Pros
great hours
Cons
poor management
Good state job
Research Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 9, 2015
A fine place to start working and gain experience. Took care of lab rats by cleaning and feeding daily. Hardest part of the job is to stay busy, could easily have been a part time job. Boss was not in building, located somewhere else. Worked alone most of the time.
support
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hills, NCOctober 30, 2014
working in HR as a support person with file helping people with their benefits for working.
Great job.
Account Tech IV-Account Payables (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2014
Great job working on the campus of UNCC. Staff is very professional as well as management. Great learning and growing environment. Working with the students was great also.
Toxicology/oncogenisis
Resident Physician (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 5, 2012
Excellent exposure to a fellowship in toxicology/oncogenisis. Primary research areas included carcinogensis/oncogenesis/cell culture.
Pros
exposure to multiple research tools.
Worst Place to work
Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 13, 2014
Never work for the University of North Carolina or the housekeeping department, I have regretted this for the past ten years.
benefits
Cons
paycheck
Fun place to work with a diverse culture
Project Administrator to the Director of HR (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 28, 2013
Meeting minutes, Management of SharePoint site, PeopleSoft training logistics for over 200 employees across campus.
Great place to work and gain experience in exciting research
North Carolina Acute HIV Database Manager (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 12, 2014
Good place to work. Lots of opportunity to contribute to interesting, exciting, and meaningful research. Colleagues are smart, thoughtful individuals.
Pros
flexible hours, ability to work remotely
Cons
stressful work environment
No better place to work
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chapel HillApril 1, 2015
Beast place in the world to call home. The enjoyement of being in the best place in the world while getting paid was awesome.

Want to know more about University of North Carolina?

Ask a question
ERP Project
Sr. Instructional Designer, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 28, 2015
I am a contractor at UNC, so I cannot speak to what it's like to work here as a permanent employee. However, I have enjoyed the people I work with very much. Like any job, how pleasant it is depends on your manager, and I have been lucky in this regard.
Can work freely with amazing and forthcoming collegues
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  UNC Charlotte- Mechanical DepartmentJune 9, 2014
Teaching a class at UNC Charlotte is a fun filled time spent with the students. The best part of this job is to be able to associate with many Doctors, dean of college and other professors here at UNC Charlotte. Along with this some of the student's life experiences are amazing.
Pros
the place is amazing to work. a person is always there to lend a helping hand.
Cons
only one person controls the appointments and you are sure to get a job if you can please her.
Scientific and fun
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 14, 2013
Good environment for research
Nice local area
Good colleagues
Management is good
Most enjoyable part: when UNC beats Duke
Chapel Hill is also a great place to live and work.
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 26, 2013
State budget cuts often result in zero percent salary increases.
I have a great time working for this compay.
Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 29, 2012
A typical day works smooth just like clock work i go in wash hands put on required uniform .I 1st get the breakfast food out and the turn on appliances and the get all of my cleaning buckets and stay busy clean serving until break and the day is over quick stays busy from the time you get there til you leav there always more to do and make the place and work go smooth.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some of the customers are very rude mean
Director of the Mind-Body Skills Program (Former Employee) –  Chapel HillApril 28, 2012
From 2008 to 2010 I worked regularly from 9 am to 5 pm mostly on the computer writing grants and papers. When needed I worked longer hours to accomplish with my duties.
I learned a great deal about research. My coworkers were very nice people most of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was to facilitate mind-body skills groups for healthcare professionals and the general public
Pros
nothing to add
Cons
nothing to add
worked with personnel who were well educated and quite interesting and talented
Program Assistant, Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 6, 2014
positive experience, got to visit campus frequently, worked for Head of Public endowments who also served as head of CDC.
Co-workers were fun. I worked on the campus. Nothing was really that hard except taking minutes of meetings held by my supervisor.
Pros
enjoyed working on campus.
Cons
nothing i can truly think of.
Productive, team oriented.
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 24, 2013
The Department of Payroll is one of the most productive area of Finance. I work with the Bi-weekly division providing services to the entire university. We are a great example of true team work. Keeping everyone happy is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part is working with great co-workers ensuring that every employee is paid in a timely manner.
Pros
team environment
Cons
healthcare
Wonderful work environment
Assistant UNIX Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2014
I absolutely loved this job since I was working with UNIX and Linux specifically which I really really have a passion for. I learned a tremendous amount since I was working along side a senior UNIX admininstrator who had a ton of industry experience and really helped me take my Linux/UNIX skills to a more in depth level.
Pros
great hours, great people to work with
Cons
low pay
Highly informative
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2014
It was very challenging to be Research Assistant.It involved a lot of creativity and knowledge. It boosted my confidence to think something new and made me a better person overall.
Pros
fee waiver

4.3