University of North Dakota Employee Reviews in United States

Good and well managed
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  north dakotaJuly 9, 2015
I had really great experience working with this school. I really had very less thing to say in hardest times and all as I could able to manage the given task on time and finish the work assigned before the due date. So even an issue raised I could complete modifying it in desired time frame.
Every day is like a happening for us. We used to sit and discuss and issue and solve it. We had students who gets problems in their work and we keep helping them when needed.
I learned managing the work and helping others when needed. I have a day when I must meet my dearest one and got an appointment to meet up with my boss. I thought meeting my boss is priority and hence thought of canceling my plan but as my co-workers suggested me to have a discussion with boss if anything is getting better in my plan. Hence finally my boss gave a new appointment date.
Everyone is quite helpful regardless of their priorities and selfishness.
Pros
Management is good
Cons
I have nothing to say regarding cons. Simply manageable.
Job Work
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 17, 2016
My work largely involves research and teaching. Our lab have many undergraduates who are currently working on our project. I am responsible to guide and teaching them about various experiments, lab safety and record keeping. I do provide timely feedback and assist them in their career paths. Most enjoyable part of my job is my research as I get to learn new things everyday.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 22, 2016
It was a good experience working at the University of North Dakota. The people are really polite and fun to work with. You work from 6 to 6 most days but that is required with most strength and conditioning jobs.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Good people to work with, learn a lot on the job
Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 20, 2016
It's a great place to work so far, they give you a fair amount of autonomy but check on you often enough to make sure you are being productive or if you need anything. I feel I have learned a lot so far, and can talk to people if I need help or the workload is too much.
Exciting and very rewarding
Air Traffic Control Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 4, 2015
Normally an eight hour work day either in the classroom as a lecturer of in the simulator as a instructor/monitor/evaluator. Evaluated student performance and provided feedback to them with recommended improvement areas, positive areas and overall performance.
Pros
medical and educational benifits
Cons
laid off
University of North Dakota
UAS Senior Instructor Pilot/Curriculum Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 11, 2015
Great place to work. The degree program was so new that most of UND Aerospace didn't understand what we were doing. Spent a lot of time early educating the faculty and staff. After we got rolling the University was squarely behind us. Great experience getting to start a program. Had the contract with UND not ended I'd still be there.
Pros
The people and the academic community
Cons
Universities are very political.
A great place to get an education.
Graduate Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 3, 2015
A great place to get an education. All the professors I came into contact with were there to see you succeed. I was a graduate teaching assistant and also a graduate service assistant I enjoyed my appointments the work along with my studies.
Fantastic University
Graduate Student and Communication Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 21, 2015
Instructed Communications Classes while a graduate student. Each day required both attending graduate classes and teaching, with time in-between advising students. Hardest part of the job was the amount of work that needed to be done daily, requiring 10+ hour days. The most enjoyable part was working with college students as their instructor, making every day a positive learning experience.
Pros
Complimentary classes to advance your education
Cons
Not enough hours in a day to do everything I wanted to complete.
Important work done by competent researchers
Laboratory Technician III, Chemist I, Chemist II, (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 17, 2014
This laboratory was responsible for assessing trace element nutrition needs of humans, thus its mission was highly motivating to everyone involved, from the scientists through to their support staff. The working relationships between the management, research, clinical, and support staff was generally good and was excellent in most of our research teams.
Pros
important work, highly motivated staff
Cons
too few tasked with doing too much, but willing and ready to take it on.
Great place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 10, 2015
I learned a great deal regarding administrative support, safety & security on at institutions of higher learning, and gained valuable experience utilizing software such as InDesign and Omniupdate.
Hourly student employee
Parking Services Event Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 3, 2015
Good place to work while you are a student. Supervisor was flexible and understanding of class schedules. Enjoyed my 5 years there.
A goal oriented confident professional
Petroleum Engineering (online distance Program) (Current Employee) –  Ground ForksAugust 13, 2013
A goal oriented confident professional.
I have the ability to work under pressure and provide innovative ideas that will facilitate the accomplishment of Engineering Projects to meet the organization’s corporate goals. Excellent working relationship with clients and co-workers, I have the abilities to learn and adapt to a new changing work environment and Willingness to learn new career prospects, Willingness to travel and work in any weather condition.
The University of North Dakota Biology Dept. is very personal and comfortable to work for.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 27, 2014
On an average day working under my professors direction we would have tasks laid out to be completed that day. Each day's tasks were all part of bigger ongoing research that my professor was directing. I worked with standard lab equipment doing PCR, Gel Electrophoresis, Sequencing, Developing Cultures to study, and Etc.
Pros
solid practice and experience working in a lab setting.
Main Markepplace General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  University of North DakotaNovember 11, 2014
Direct Management of Assistant GM, Kitchen Manager, and Customer Service Manager.

Management of between 20 to 40 student employees.

Operations of three restaurant chains.
Great job while attending school
Division 1 Football Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 1, 2015
This job worked out perfectly for me because I was able to work around my school schedule. Overall this was a very fun experience working with a D1 football team and I was able to travel with the team my Senior year in college.
Pros
work around your class schedule
Cons
late nights after games
Knowledge enhancement environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 1, 2015
Job environment where one's education is put in the first place. Research is both relevant and agreeable and provides self betterment for workers.
Great job for an on-campus employment
Energetics Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 25, 2015
Working in the chemical engineering department at University of North Dakota. This job allows me for very flexible hours which works very well around my schedule and other activities.
Great work environment
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 12, 2014
Awesome boss and co-workers. I loved the students and opportunity to share knowledge of nursing profession and see their growth.
Pros
great management and teamwork
Cons
drive can be long from my home.
Ideal combination of education, exposure to practical research issues, fun outdoor activities
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 6, 2013
1) As a graduate student in Mechanical Engineering, attend all course-work classes and complete assignments on time
2) As a Teaching Assistant, help the professor/ Associate Professor in conducting lab sessions and assist the students with any questions or concerns
3) As a Research Assistant, conduct numerous research experiments on test section and gather required data for analysis.
Pros
excellent lectures, faculty, administrative staff, good food at the university cafe, student lounges with
Cons
none specific
Fun place and cordial people
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand ForksJanuary 8, 2015
My job as Graduate teaching assistant was vergy good. People are very helpful. Lots to learn from co-workers. Overall it has been a great experience.

4.2