University of North Dakota Employee Reviews

Productive, fun learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 21, 2017
I took several classes which benefits my future career. Members in our department were very easy going and relaxed, but also productive and efficient at providing feedback.
Positive work day
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 11, 2017
Well balanced with everyone completing there responsibility to increase production Working together in an environment understanding a great team works,
Pros
Respecting workspace of others
Cons
professional growth
Productive and fun place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 9, 2017
Its fun working with the University as they encourage productive and life changing researches. They also advocate balancing work and family life of employees which boost productivity towards achieving ones set goals.
North Dakota
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 2, 2017
I worked at the University of North Dakota for 5 years. The management and workplace was very positive. Its cold up in Grand Forks so be prepared. Great community
It's cool
Academic Building Services Technician & Student (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 27, 2017
Nothing to difficult to handle. pretty laid back work environment. Does give employees discounts if they want to attend classes at the University. All in all it's a good job
Gra
GRA, Greenhouse Gas Inventory (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 14, 2017
The GRA through the University of North Dakota provided a good work and school balance. Further, the project really allowed me to understand emissions from the University and how to mitigate them through engineering changes to school operations.
Excellent place to work.
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 10, 2017
Decent pay, excellent management, very good working environment for newer workers to get experience or for more experienced works as well. I would definitely recommend this place to work.
Undergraduate Researcher
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 30, 2017
After winning the Advanced Undergraduate Research Award, I conducted research on cell differentiation during Hematopoiesis on mice. My research project, "Deciphering hematopoietic gene regulation using high-throughput data and a mathematical model," utilized
a new interdisciplinary approach, as it combined Biology and Mathematics to understand cell differentiation. Using a mathematical model which identified potential Cis Regulatory Modules, a reverse engineering approach was used which combined an experimental and computational approach for validating the model predictions. Additionally, I presented my research at the Northern Plains Biological Symposium and ND EPSCor State Conference.
Pros
Job Security
Productive workplace with an enjoyable environment
Internship (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 21, 2017
Typical day meeting many clients helping them promote health.
I want to learn anything about health every day I go to work.
I wan management to guide us but also let us try to test our wings.
The workplace is only as good as you make it and I tend to be very energetic myself so I hope my colleges are as well.
The hardest part about the job will be to both learn and teach at the same time and the most enjoyable will be to learn from both colleges and clients.
Perfect Job for a Student!
Student Tech Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 17, 2017
This was a fantastic job for a student! Super close to my dorm, plus I had tons of time to work on homework, with amazing resources right at my finger tips!
Pros
Close to dorm, flexible scheduling, resources

Want to know more about University of North Dakota?

Ask a question
Time Well Spent
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 24, 2017
While working at the University of North Dakota as a research assistant I experienced a wealth of support for my work. Often my faculty inspired and cooperated to aid me in my efforts.
Pros
Constructive Feedback
Cons
Fewer hours
Productive and fun to work with
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 16, 2017
UND provides a productive environment with potential to grow. Lots of cool projects, learnt a lot in research also hands on project experiences from industry leading firms, scholarships, talent and hard work is always appreciated.
Pros
Great Work ethic and study enviroment, plenty of learning opportunities.
Cons
good job while in college
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 9, 2017
Lab teaching assistants weren't given a lot of direction on the labs. Clear and straightforward labs teaching the basics. Lacked innovativeness that some larger universities have.
Amazing Program
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 9, 2017
The Space Studies program at the University of North Dakota is an excellent graduate program. The professors are all former engineers and scientists in the space field, so they teach from first hand experience. Very exciting place.
Incubators of future leaders
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 6, 2017
University of North Dakota is a place to learn and excel your crafts. With wide variety of courses offered by distinguished scholar this is the place to engage in quality research and progressive thinking.
Too much emphasis on programming
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 27, 2017
Fairly easy job but there was an overemphasis on programming. Students just wanted free food, yet the university housing department insisted that CA's provide activities for the residents. I mean, you cannot do battle with the Xbox. You'll lose.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 2, 2017
It was enjoyable working with fellow students on a daily basis. Met a lot of new people that I would have otherwise never had a chance to meet.
Student Athlete Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 17, 2017
This is a great place to work. Most people would say the cold is the hardest thing to get used to, and I would agree. The work environment is really positive and the athletes and coaches have a great deal of buy-in concerning total player development.
Fair place with no strict supervision
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 13, 2017
- No strict supervision
- Compensation is OK for this position
- Nice and calm city
- All depends on Science Advisor
- No Health Insurance for grads
Staff Writer (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, MNFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed learning how to manage, and I learned about myself in the process. At an early age, I learned how to be the boss and be responsible for other people and other peoples actions