University of North Dakota Employee Reviews

fun easy work place to be at
Parking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 4, 2016
Easy place to work at especially while in college. Very flexible schedule I worked when I wanted to.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun work place
Cons
managers, worked outside in the cold
Liked working here
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 6, 2016
I was a graduate research assistant. This was an enjoyable job. I received a lot of experience and was properly compensated for my work. I was able to make my own schedule.
A great place to work at
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 11, 2016
Working as an RA helps expanding your skills and your cultural knowledge. You deal with many situations that required decision-making and leadership skills. It is a job where you can learn and have fun at the same time.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
depends on your hall director
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 22, 2016
It was a good experience working at the University of North Dakota. The people are really polite and fun to work with. You work from 6 to 6 most days but that is required with most strength and conditioning jobs.
Pros
Free Food
Job Work
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 17, 2016
My work largely involves research and teaching. Our lab have many undergraduates who are currently working on our project. I am responsible to guide and teaching them about various experiments, lab safety and record keeping. I do provide timely feedback and assist them in their career paths. Most enjoyable part of my job is my research as I get to learn new things everyday.
Good people to work with, learn a lot on the job
Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 20, 2016
It's a great place to work so far, they give you a fair amount of autonomy but check on you often enough to make sure you are being productive or if you need anything. I feel I have learned a lot so far, and can talk to people if I need help or the workload is too much.
University of North Dakota
UAS Senior Instructor Pilot/Curriculum Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 11, 2015
Great place to work. The degree program was so new that most of UND Aerospace didn't understand what we were doing. Spent a lot of time early educating the faculty and staff. After we got rolling the University was squarely behind us. Great experience getting to start a program. Had the contract with UND not ended I'd still be there.
Pros
The people and the academic community
Cons
Universities are very political.
Exciting and very rewarding
Air Traffic Control Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 4, 2015
Normally an eight hour work day either in the classroom as a lecturer of in the simulator as a instructor/monitor/evaluator. Evaluated student performance and provided feedback to them with recommended improvement areas, positive areas and overall performance.
Pros
medical and educational benifits
Cons
laid off
A great place to get an education.
Graduate Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 3, 2015
A great place to get an education. All the professors I came into contact with were there to see you succeed. I was a graduate teaching assistant and also a graduate service assistant I enjoyed my appointments the work along with my studies.
Great place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 10, 2015
I learned a great deal regarding administrative support, safety & security on at institutions of higher learning, and gained valuable experience utilizing software such as InDesign and Omniupdate.
Good and well managed
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  north dakotaJuly 9, 2015
I had really great experience working with this school. I really had very less thing to say in hardest times and all as I could able to manage the given task on time and finish the work assigned before the due date. So even an issue raised I could complete modifying it in desired time frame.
Every day is like a happening for us. We used to sit and discuss and issue and solve it. We had students who gets problems in their work and we keep helping them when needed.
I learned managing the work and helping others when needed. I have a day when I must meet my dearest one and got an appointment to meet up with my boss. I thought meeting my boss is priority and hence thought of canceling my plan but as my co-workers suggested me to have a discussion with boss if anything is getting better in my plan. Hence finally my boss gave a new appointment date.
Everyone is quite helpful regardless of their priorities and selfishness.
Pros
Management is good
Cons
I have nothing to say regarding cons. Simply manageable.
Hourly student employee
Parking Services Event Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 3, 2015
Good place to work while you are a student. Supervisor was flexible and understanding of class schedules. Enjoyed my 5 years there.
Fantastic University
Graduate Student and Communication Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 21, 2015
Instructed Communications Classes while a graduate student. Each day required both attending graduate classes and teaching, with time in-between advising students. Hardest part of the job was the amount of work that needed to be done daily, requiring 10+ hour days. The most enjoyable part was working with college students as their instructor, making every day a positive learning experience.
Pros
Complimentary classes to advance your education
Cons
Not enough hours in a day to do everything I wanted to complete.
Knowledge enhancement environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 1, 2015
Job environment where one's education is put in the first place. Research is both relevant and agreeable and provides self betterment for workers.
Great job while attending school
Division 1 Football Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 1, 2015
This job worked out perfectly for me because I was able to work around my school schedule. Overall this was a very fun experience working with a D1 football team and I was able to travel with the team my Senior year in college.
Pros
work around your class schedule
Cons
late nights after games
Great job for an on-campus employment
Energetics Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 25, 2015
Working in the chemical engineering department at University of North Dakota. This job allows me for very flexible hours which works very well around my schedule and other activities.
Productive workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 28, 2015
Research oriented school provides goos scientific training for graduate students
Fun place and cordial people
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand ForksJanuary 8, 2015
My job as Graduate teaching assistant was vergy good. People are very helpful. Lots to learn from co-workers. Overall it has been a great experience.
Important work done by competent researchers
Laboratory Technician III, Chemist I, Chemist II, (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 17, 2014
This laboratory was responsible for assessing trace element nutrition needs of humans, thus its mission was highly motivating to everyone involved, from the scientists through to their support staff. The working relationships between the management, research, clinical, and support staff was generally good and was excellent in most of our research teams.
Pros
important work, highly motivated staff
Cons
too few tasked with doing too much, but willing and ready to take it on.
Main Markepplace General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  University of North DakotaNovember 11, 2014
Direct Management of Assistant GM, Kitchen Manager, and Customer Service Manager.

Management of between 20 to 40 student employees.

Operations of three restaurant chains.

4.2