University of North Dakota Employee Reviews

Gra
GRA, Greenhouse Gas Inventory (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 14, 2017
The GRA through the University of North Dakota provided a good work and school balance. Further, the project really allowed me to understand emissions from the University and how to mitigate them through engineering changes to school operations.
Excellent place to work.
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 10, 2017
Decent pay, excellent management, very good working environment for newer workers to get experience or for more experienced works as well. I would definitely recommend this place to work.
Undergraduate Researcher
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 30, 2017
After winning the Advanced Undergraduate Research Award, I conducted research on cell differentiation during Hematopoiesis on mice. My research project, "Deciphering hematopoietic gene regulation using high-throughput data and a mathematical model," utilized
a new interdisciplinary approach, as it combined Biology and Mathematics to understand cell differentiation. Using a mathematical model which identified potential Cis Regulatory Modules, a reverse engineering approach was used which combined an experimental and computational approach for validating the model predictions. Additionally, I presented my research at the Northern Plains Biological Symposium and ND EPSCor State Conference.
Pros
Job Security
Productive workplace with an enjoyable environment
Internship (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 21, 2017
Typical day meeting many clients helping them promote health.
I want to learn anything about health every day I go to work.
I wan management to guide us but also let us try to test our wings.
The workplace is only as good as you make it and I tend to be very energetic myself so I hope my colleges are as well.
The hardest part about the job will be to both learn and teach at the same time and the most enjoyable will be to learn from both colleges and clients.
Perfect Job for a Student!
Student Tech Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 17, 2017
This was a fantastic job for a student! Super close to my dorm, plus I had tons of time to work on homework, with amazing resources right at my finger tips!
Pros
Close to dorm, flexible scheduling, resources
Time Well Spent
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 24, 2017
While working at the University of North Dakota as a research assistant I experienced a wealth of support for my work. Often my faculty inspired and cooperated to aid me in my efforts.
Pros
Constructive Feedback
Cons
Fewer hours
Productive and fun to work with
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 16, 2017
UND provides a productive environment with potential to grow. Lots of cool projects, learnt a lot in research also hands on project experiences from industry leading firms, scholarships, talent and hard work is always appreciated.
Pros
Great Work ethic and study enviroment, plenty of learning opportunities.
Cons
good job while in college
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 9, 2017
Lab teaching assistants weren't given a lot of direction on the labs. Clear and straightforward labs teaching the basics. Lacked innovativeness that some larger universities have.
Amazing Program
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 9, 2017
The Space Studies program at the University of North Dakota is an excellent graduate program. The professors are all former engineers and scientists in the space field, so they teach from first hand experience. Very exciting place.
Incubators of future leaders
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 6, 2017
University of North Dakota is a place to learn and excel your crafts. With wide variety of courses offered by distinguished scholar this is the place to engage in quality research and progressive thinking.
Too much emphasis on programming
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 27, 2017
Fairly easy job but there was an overemphasis on programming. Students just wanted free food, yet the university housing department insisted that CA's provide activities for the residents. I mean, you cannot do battle with the Xbox. You'll lose.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 2, 2017
It was enjoyable working with fellow students on a daily basis. Met a lot of new people that I would have otherwise never had a chance to meet.
Student Athlete Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 17, 2017
This is a great place to work. Most people would say the cold is the hardest thing to get used to, and I would agree. The work environment is really positive and the athletes and coaches have a great deal of buy-in concerning total player development.
Fair place with no strict supervision
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 13, 2017
- No strict supervision
- Compensation is OK for this position
- Nice and calm city
- All depends on Science Advisor
- No Health Insurance for grads
Staff Writer (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, MNFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed learning how to manage, and I learned about myself in the process. At an early age, I learned how to be the boss and be responsible for other people and other peoples actions
UND Sociology and Economics Depts.
Lecturer-in-Statistics (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 27, 2017
Instructing and mentoring students in statistics is personally inspirational for me. Also, I have developed my own teaching materials, so I have an even greater emotional commitment to the teaching-and-learning arena.
excellent experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 21, 2017
good job work life balance

excellent job culture;

supervisor is nice and pleasant to work with.

excellent learning environments.
Worst Place I ever worked in 50 years of employment.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 8, 2016
High Turnover. Always having to cover for peers who did not show up for work, thus putting my daily assigned duties behind. Executive management refused to approve needed overtime.
Pros
Cons
Unaccountable bureaucrats unwilling to take suggestions to save taxpayers and tuition payers money
Enjoyed my time at University
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, North DakotaNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working on my education and the life skills that I developed during my time at the University. Obtaining my Business Management degree was a happy time for me and was something I was and am still proud of accomplishing today.
Good Opportunity for one year
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 9, 2016
The compensation for the hours worked was not entirely worth it. Management said it would only be about 20 hours a week when in reality, if you are in the building, you are working. The job never stops, even when off campus. It is great to bond with the residents and meet higher-ups. However, the higher-ups didn't ALWAYS treat us with respect.
Pros
Residents, Hall Directors are great, Don't pay for room
Cons
Not treated the best