University of North Dakota Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDJuly 10, 2015
I learned a great deal regarding administrative support, safety & security on at institutions of higher learning, and gained valuable experience utilizing software such as InDesign and Omniupdate.
Good and well managed
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), north dakotaJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Management is good
Cons: I have nothing to say regarding cons. Simply manageable.
I had really great experience working with this school. I really had very less thing to say in hardest times and all as I could able to manage the given task on time and finish the work assigned before the due date. So even an issue raised I could complete modifying it in desired time frame.
Every day is like a happening for us. We used to sit and discuss and issue and solve it. We had students who – more... gets problems in their work and we keep helping them when needed.
I learned managing the work and helping others when needed. I have a day when I must meet my dearest one and got an appointment to meet up with my boss. I thought meeting my boss is priority and hence thought of canceling my plan but as my co-workers suggested me to have a discussion with boss if anything is getting better in my plan. Hence finally my boss gave a new appointment date.
Everyone is quite helpful regardless of their priorities and selfishness. – less
good
rock dude (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDJune 18, 2015
It is a good job to have and will benefit all of your future goal. I really enjoyed my time in the service. It is a good job to have and will benefit all of your future goal. I really enjoyed my time in the service. It is a good job to have and will benefit all of your future goal. I really enjoyed my time in the service.
Hourly student employee
Parking Services Event Lead (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDJune 3, 2015
Good place to work while you are a student. Supervisor was flexible and understanding of class schedules. Enjoyed my 5 years there.
Fantastic University
Graduate Student and Communication Instructor (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDMay 21, 2015
Pros: Complimentary classes to advance your education
Cons: Not enough hours in a day to do everything I wanted to complete.
Instructed Communications Classes while a graduate student. Each day required both attending graduate classes and teaching, with time in-between advising students. Hardest part of the job was the amount of work that needed to be done daily, requiring 10+ hour days. The most enjoyable part was working with college students as their instructor, making every day a positive learning experience.
Knowledge enhancement environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDApril 1, 2015
Job environment where one's education is put in the first place. Research is both relevant and agreeable and provides self betterment for workers.
Great job while attending school
Division 1 Football Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDMarch 1, 2015
Pros: work around your class schedule
Cons: late nights after games
This job worked out perfectly for me because I was able to work around my school schedule. Overall this was a very fun experience working with a D1 football team and I was able to travel with the team my Senior year in college.
Great job for an on-campus employment
Energetics Student Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDFebruary 25, 2015
Working in the chemical engineering department at University of North Dakota. This job allows me for very flexible hours which works very well around my schedule and other activities.
Productive workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDJanuary 28, 2015
Research oriented school provides goos scientific training for graduate students
Fun place and cordial people
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Grand ForksJanuary 8, 2015
My job as Graduate teaching assistant was vergy good. People are very helpful. Lots to learn from co-workers. Overall it has been a great experience.
Important work done by competent researchers
Laboratory Technician III, Chemist I, Chemist II, (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDDecember 17, 2014
Pros: important work, highly motivated staff
Cons: too few tasked with doing too much, but willing and ready to take it on.
This laboratory was responsible for assessing trace element nutrition needs of humans, thus its mission was highly motivating to everyone involved, from the scientists through to their support staff. The working relationships between the management, research, clinical, and support staff was generally good and was excellent in most of our research teams.
Main Markepplace General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee), University of North DakotaNovember 11, 2014
Direct Management of Assistant GM, Kitchen Manager, and Customer Service Manager.

Management of between 20 to 40 student employees.

Operations of three restaurant chains.
Masters
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDJuly 14, 2014
UND has provided me the opportunity to obtain my MEng degree, along with a spacious office for research purposes.
Great work environment
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDJune 12, 2014
Pros: great management and teamwork
Cons: drive can be long from my home.
Awesome boss and co-workers. I loved the students and opportunity to share knowledge of nursing profession and see their growth.
The University of North Dakota Biology Dept. is very personal and comfortable to work for.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: solid practice and experience working in a lab setting.
On an average day working under my professors direction we would have tasks laid out to be completed that day. Each day's tasks were all part of bigger ongoing research that my professor was directing. I worked with standard lab equipment doing PCR, Gel Electrophoresis, Sequencing, Developing Cultures to study, and Etc.
Best Education I could have recieved
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDFebruary 12, 2014
My adviser taught me everything from the ground up, which is exactly the way I learn.
Ideal combination of education, exposure to practical research issues, fun outdoor activities
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDNovember 6, 2013
Pros: excellent lectures, faculty, administrative staff, good food at the university cafe, student lounges with
Cons: none specific
1) As a graduate student in Mechanical Engineering, attend all course-work classes and complete assignments on time
2) As a Teaching Assistant, help the professor/ Associate Professor in conducting lab sessions and assist the students with any questions or concerns
3) As a Research Assistant, conduct numerous research experiments on test section and gather required data for analysis.
Provided execellent management and communication skills
UND Head Wrestling Coach (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: working with people my age, being able to train with them, and creating my own program
Cons: volunteer job, short season due to the program being started later on in the year.
This was one of my favorite jobs because of the young men I was able to work with on a day to day bases. I really enjoyed the experience I was able to take from this job making my communication, management, and directing skills better.
A goal oriented confident professional
Petroleum Engineering (online distance Program) (Current Employee), Ground ForksAugust 13, 2013
A goal oriented confident professional.
I have the ability to work under pressure and provide innovative ideas that will facilitate the accomplishment of Engineering Projects to meet the organization’s corporate goals. Excellent working relationship with clients and co-workers, I have the abilities to learn and adapt to a new changing work environment and Willingness to learn new career prospects, Willingness to travel and work in any weather condition.
Great opportunity for newly certified students to gain experience at the NCAA Division 1 level
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Forks, North DakotaJune 7, 2013