University of North Dakota Employee Reviews

Productive and fun to work with
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 16, 2017
UND provides a productive environment with potential to grow. Lots of cool projects, learnt a lot in research also hands on project experiences from industry leading firms, scholarships, talent and hard work is always appreciated.
Pros
Great Work ethic and study enviroment, plenty of learning opportunities.
Cons
good job while in college
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 9, 2017
Lab teaching assistants weren't given a lot of direction on the labs. Clear and straightforward labs teaching the basics. Lacked innovativeness that some larger universities have.
Amazing Program
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 9, 2017
The Space Studies program at the University of North Dakota is an excellent graduate program. The professors are all former engineers and scientists in the space field, so they teach from first hand experience. Very exciting place.
Incubators of future leaders
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 6, 2017
University of North Dakota is a place to learn and excel your crafts. With wide variety of courses offered by distinguished scholar this is the place to engage in quality research and progressive thinking.
Too much emphasis on programming
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 27, 2017
Fairly easy job but there was an overemphasis on programming. Students just wanted free food, yet the university housing department insisted that CA's provide activities for the residents. I mean, you cannot do battle with the Xbox. You'll lose.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 2, 2017
It was enjoyable working with fellow students on a daily basis. Met a lot of new people that I would have otherwise never had a chance to meet.
Student Athlete Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 17, 2017
This is a great place to work. Most people would say the cold is the hardest thing to get used to, and I would agree. The work environment is really positive and the athletes and coaches have a great deal of buy-in concerning total player development.
Fair place with no strict supervision
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 13, 2017
- No strict supervision
- Compensation is OK for this position
- Nice and calm city
- All depends on Science Advisor
- No Health Insurance for grads
Staff Writer (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, MNFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed learning how to manage, and I learned about myself in the process. At an early age, I learned how to be the boss and be responsible for other people and other peoples actions
UND Sociology and Economics Depts.
Lecturer-in-Statistics (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 27, 2017
Instructing and mentoring students in statistics is personally inspirational for me. Also, I have developed my own teaching materials, so I have an even greater emotional commitment to the teaching-and-learning arena.
excellent experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 21, 2017
good job work life balance

excellent job culture;

supervisor is nice and pleasant to work with.

excellent learning environments.
Worst Place I ever worked in 50 years of employment.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 8, 2016
High Turnover. Always having to cover for peers who did not show up for work, thus putting my daily assigned duties behind. Executive management refused to approve needed overtime.
Pros
Cons
Unaccountable bureaucrats unwilling to take suggestions to save taxpayers and tuition payers money
Enjoyed my time at University
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, North DakotaNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working on my education and the life skills that I developed during my time at the University. Obtaining my Business Management degree was a happy time for me and was something I was and am still proud of accomplishing today.
Good Opportunity for one year
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 9, 2016
The compensation for the hours worked was not entirely worth it. Management said it would only be about 20 hours a week when in reality, if you are in the building, you are working. The job never stops, even when off campus. It is great to bond with the residents and meet higher-ups. However, the higher-ups didn't ALWAYS treat us with respect.
Pros
Residents, Hall Directors are great, Don't pay for room
Cons
Not treated the best
fun easy work place to be at
Parking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 4, 2016
Easy place to work at especially while in college. Very flexible schedule I worked when I wanted to.
Pros
flexible schedule, fun work place
Cons
managers, worked outside in the cold
Liked working here
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 6, 2016
I was a graduate research assistant. This was an enjoyable job. I received a lot of experience and was properly compensated for my work. I was able to make my own schedule.
A great place to work at
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 11, 2016
Working as an RA helps expanding your skills and your cultural knowledge. You deal with many situations that required decision-making and leadership skills. It is a job where you can learn and have fun at the same time.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
depends on your hall director
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 22, 2016
It was a good experience working at the University of North Dakota. The people are really polite and fun to work with. You work from 6 to 6 most days but that is required with most strength and conditioning jobs.
Pros
Free Food
Job Work
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 17, 2016
My work largely involves research and teaching. Our lab have many undergraduates who are currently working on our project. I am responsible to guide and teaching them about various experiments, lab safety and record keeping. I do provide timely feedback and assist them in their career paths. Most enjoyable part of my job is my research as I get to learn new things everyday.
Good people to work with, learn a lot on the job
Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 20, 2016
It's a great place to work so far, they give you a fair amount of autonomy but check on you often enough to make sure you are being productive or if you need anything. I feel I have learned a lot so far, and can talk to people if I need help or the workload is too much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Dakota. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2