University of North Florida Employee Reviews

Decent place for students
Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2017
I got very few hours working here but I met a lot of good people. We had fun at work although the job was boring. Got yelled at a lot by customers but being on the phone you can just hang up
Productive workplace and great experience
Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2017
Through the few jobs that I have had, I've been privileged enough to meet and work with all different types of people. I value customer satisfaction, team work, and innovation the most. When I have goal, I will reach it. I'm very ambitious and can't wait to get the opportunity to start my business career.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2017
Great working environment with an Administrative staff that really cares and understands the needs of the employees. I really enjoyed the flexibility of the work schedule and the encouragement to take advantage of the education opportunities available.
Pros
the employee tuition assistance program is awesome
Cons
Awesome experience to be able to help with the youth and upcoming talents in baseball.
Director of Operations, Smoke Laval Baseball Camp (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2017
Very enjoyable being able to help give back to the youth in the sport that I love all the while gaining work experience. A lot of talking with parents and teaching children the game of baseball.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Long hot days during the summer.
Fun Job
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Univeristy of North FloridaMarch 27, 2017
As a Special Events Supervisor, I was given tasks to manage all types of events at the University. such as Graduation, meetings, concerts, sporting events, ...etc. I managed various sizes of teams at any given time.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Part time Job - Low pay
Used to be a great place to work! Used to be.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 27, 2017
4 years ago, UNF would have gotten a 5 star rating. However, new leadership in Enrollment Services caused over 45% of the staff to be fired or quit. Stay away from Enrollment Services. Other departments/divisions may not have the same issues.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
low pay, poor communication, few promotion opportunities, terrible leadership!
Great working environment
Symposium Presenter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2017
Work environment felt welcoming with different activities which a typical work day exciting.
On the job, I learnt great management skills, I led groups in order to carry out projects as expected.
Hardest part was trying to get every member of the team on one page, but the most enjoyable part is the feeling after total completion of the project given to you.
adjunct faculty member for clinic rotation
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 20, 2017
Educated BSN nursing students and oriented to first clinical setting. Staff at UNF great/helpful. Teaching isn't for everyone and it wasn't for me. Students were adults who acted like children- wasn't for me.
Pros
unique experience, teaching
Cons
patience with students who are demanding and childish at times
Great School-Bad Employees
OPS Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2017
I was confronted on several occasions with racial slurs and was asked to leave after a co-worker stated that she was afraid of me. I was not allowed to even enter the building to obtain my things.
friendly coworkers
Custodial Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 9, 2017
its a great workplace and great benefits, the work wasnt that hard or stressful, great supervisers who care about thier employees. great students to work for as well
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Art Gallery of Peace and Quiet
Art Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Working in UNF's student art gallery was the most relaxing job I have ever had. We cataloged donated art to the University's collection, curated art shows, and my personal favorite was opening night of art shows held on campus. The art gallery is always peaceful and quite and I could complete homework after my daily tasks were done.

I wish I started working in the Art Gallery sooner!
Pros
quiet, stress free, relaxing
Cons
Having to lock the doors if you needed to use the restroom
Productive work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 17, 2017
UNF was a productive and expansive learning experience to allow for inter-dependent work. The work provided is well within capability and the level of assistance if in need, is significant.
Great university experience
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 14, 2017
This is a great opportunity to share real life experiences with my students to augment the information that is available in the text. Departmental leadership is strongly supportive of my efforts and continues to ask me back each semester! My end of course grades from the students has been 3.86 on a 4.0 scale - with specific mention of my ability to bring my years of experience and share my many elucidative stories. Nothing but fun here. Truly enjoy learning how millennials think!
Pros
Intellectully stimulating environment
Cons
I have to pay for parking each year
Working for the Government
Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Steady environment with great benefits. Started as a contractor and now permanent which is blessing for me and my family.
Unfair work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Physical facilities /custodial department blgd 6January 10, 2017
Custodial department is horrible management is unfair from top to bottom in building 6 they are very unprofessional and mistreat the workers and manipulate them because most don't understand English and not comprehend what is being said to them they have one person do the work of three people and have the workers scared to say anything the cheat them out of their overtime week in week out it need to be a major investigation done the in that department don't get caught in this trap if you will step up and speak for yourself
Cons
There is no better place to work for a student
Reservations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2017
This environment is full of students and staff who all share common interests and encounter the same day to day lifestyle as you do. The benefits of being employed by the University are several and a job here is well worth it.
Fun Workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2017
I enjoy working with UNF because it is a fun yet professional environment. My coworkers were helpful as well. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Productive and fun work place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 23, 2016
An ideal day at work would definitely have to be productive and a lil bit fun, maybe table tenis on lunch breaks. Solving issues, fulfilling tasks and learning new skills are amongst few things that motivate me at work
Student Data entry
Data entry and analysis, research assistance (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 20, 2016
I have loved working with a lab through the University of North Florida as a research lab assistant. I have gained experience that will allow me to pursue a career in my field of study.
Cooperative and Productive place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 31, 2016
As a research assistant I have to work for 4hours per day. It is good and enough as it gives me an ample times for attending class. The job a little bit challenge as everything is new to me but from it I learned how important it is to work in team. The good part about it is my colleagues who are so cooperative in such a way I can't feel the burden ahead of me when I'm about to go for new research or sit for test.
Pros
Free acces to unlimited educational sources
Cons
Limited Number of working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3