University of North Georgia Employee Reviews

Student Worker
Math, Physics, and Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAJune 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for staff in the science department as well as the tutoring center. My supervisors were very laid back and understanding of my schedule so that I could balance working for them with my own academic work. I highly recommend taking a job as a tutor, supplemental instructor, or teaching assistant while you are in school.
Pros
some of the best bosses that I have ever worked for
Cons
the pay isn't great
Great Place to work
Catering Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAMay 31, 2017
The campus is always buzzing with students and faculty of various ethnicities, It makes coming to work exciting, enjoyable and unpredictable everyday!
Pros
Free Food, and great people. Recognition. Great compensation.
Cons
extra long hours.
Fun working with students and professors
Student Research (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAMay 30, 2017
Doing research at the University of North Georgia has given me the opportunity to delve deeper into science, and to work with the professors outside of the classroom. My advisers are always ready and willing to help when I need it, and they are my biggest supporters.
Pros
Work at your own pace; colleagues and professors are caring
Cons
It is somewhat time-consuming, leaving less time for homework
Ung
Spanish Tutor (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAMay 23, 2017
It is ok to work here. I wish they allowed students to work as many hours as they are willing to put versus giving us a 25 hour cap. However, it is also very flexible to work there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
lack of hours
POOR Management from the Top
finance (Former Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAMay 23, 2017
Unethical and political management that do not care about the university or it's employee only care about themselves and building there personal empire.
Learning Opportunity for energic librarians
Reference Services Librarian (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAMay 10, 2017
Staff has opportunity to work in all areas of the library. Management open to staff developing skills in preferred areas as long as regular workload isn't ignored.
Pros
opportunity to learn as much as one can handle
Cons
Location a bit isolated and fits best for outdoor/nature types
Growing school with potential
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 6, 2017
The school is growing like crazy! I imagine it will be one of the top Universities in the state very soon. The personnel are for the most part awesome. Days can be busy at times, but its nothing anyone cant handle. Overall a great place to work.
Professional, dedicated sports medicine team.
Student (Former Employee) –  Main CampusMay 4, 2017
The sports medicine team is one of the best, most knowledgeable staffs I have worked with. All are dedicated to performing their jobs at an elite level.
Office experience and management experience
Assistant Softball Coach (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAApril 3, 2017
Great environment to work in an office, manage a team, budget season logistics, and competitive. The hardest part of the job is balancing life and work. During season there are few days off.
Flexible Scheduling
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 31, 2017
Orientation Leading has its upsides and downsides,

Upside is the constant interaction and networking with new incoming folk.

Downside is the interaction with unsavory parents.
Great colleagues but poor upper level administration
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAMarch 14, 2017
Terrible pay
The university accepts a wide range of students, including students with learning disabilities, students who are not prepared to do college level work, and students why have yet to master standard English. The problem is not that these students are accepted, the problem is that the university only makes perfunctory gestures towards serving them.
Phone solicitor
Phone Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAFebruary 24, 2017
Called alumni requesting donations. Flexible work hours and was a pretty good job for someone looking for part time work during college.
They do their best to assist the students
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Busy days but leave satisfied that I have helped and done my best. I learned some software programs for education needs. Co-workers were not the honest type. Front desk favorite part of job.
Pros
Location to home
Cons
no regular lunch or break times
Great Place to Learn
IT Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical work day at the beginning of a Fall or Spring semester can sometimes be too hectic for some people and somewhat enjoyable for others. During these times, employees are tasked with helping students get prepared for the coming semester. They do this by providing software installation, password management, network assistance, and starting computer repairs. These periods during the Fall and Spring semesters are usually the most stressful part of the Job. IT management will buy lunch for employees during these times move in periods. As a semester continues, the workload at the job begins to decrease to a moderately consistant level. Normal work days consist of malware and virus removal, software installation, operating system installs, hardware diagnostics, and software diagnostics. During the Summer semester is when the Service Desk and the University of North Georgia changes. At times the workload will be extremely low and as an employee you may feel at times that the day is dragging on. One perk of this, is that employees are often given free time to learn new skills.

Upper-level management for the Service Desk are great and are dedicated to helping employees. Service Desk managers do tend to do a great job, however, these managers do tend to get lost to other departments of IT. This has also been an occurance for other staff at the Service Desk.

Overall, this job provides a great learning environment and generally tends to have a great culture among the Service Desk as well as other portions of IT at the University of North Georgia.
Pros
Works around schedule, good culture, great learning environment, friendly coworkers, friendly management
Cons
Short breaks, employee turnover rate
Productive and serious learning enviroment
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAOctober 4, 2016
At a typical day at work I would come in and help students who needed help with mathematics. I tutored them in Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Calculus 3, Statistics, and Brief Calculus. I worked with an amazing team of tutors whom varied in years of experience. My coworkers and I got along well and encouraged one another in learning more each day and becoming better leaders. The most enjoyable part of my job was in seeing someone's happiness once they finally understood a problem or a concept they were struggling with. I learned leadership skills, multitasking, time management, communication, and the love I have for helping others.
Great View
Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GASeptember 8, 2016
Fantastic campus environment. I teach classes of Freshman composition and research. The Georgia system is growing and a thriving place to teach and learn.
Great School!
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAAugust 29, 2016
The University of North Georgia was a fantastic school. Great education, small class rooms and professors are very personable and professional.
Good position for current students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAJuly 12, 2016
I was a Mathematics and Statistics tutor for the Mathematics Department. It was a student employment opportunity that allowed me to work and not affect my college career.
Job
Passport & Visa Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAJuly 1, 2016
I logged in passport and visa information. I mailed out the passport and visas along with applications. I talked to the state department on a daily basis.
Great people to work with!
Office Administrator - Commandant of Cadets (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAJune 13, 2016
Wonderful people to work with. Long days, hard work, compensation does not fit work load. Opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Long days, overworked, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Georgia. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2