University of North Georgia Employee Reviews

working for a college
Accounting Tutor (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 19, 2015
Pros: meeting nice people
Cons: not really counting if you are part time
Working for a college has its ups and downs. The reward is having students finally understand a concept to which they didn't before they sat down with me and I explained it. There is something about seeing that light go off in their eyes.

A typical day of work would be having students waiting on me as soon as I walk in the door. They have questions about homework or a certain concept they don't exactly understand.

My boss is a lot younger than the rest of us in our department and at times it seems as he can't really get a grip on the reality of his position. But he is a very nice person.

Co-workers here are for the most part nice people. We all get along very nicely.

Hardest part of the job is having to deal with students and teachers at times that are rude. But that is not an every day thing. Thank goodness for that.
Fun work environment while in school
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Dahlonega, GAApril 30, 2015
This position offered me a student-worker position in which I assisted the Undergraduate Admissions office in the recruitment process of prospected students. This job required personal communication skills as well as the ability to assist students and parents in what ever way necessary
Productive and Supportive
English Lecturer (Full Time) (Current Employee), Dahlonega, GAMarch 22, 2015
I continue to enjoy working with the students and the faculty. I wish to continue my employment here. I'm only applying for a part time job as an adjunct for the summer.
Interesting and Innovative Lab setting with Students
Teacher/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Dahlonega, GeorgiaJuly 16, 2014
• Assisted in astronomy lectures and in-class labs
• Taught and graded outdoor labs at local observatory
• Helped with research and data collecting at observatory for Astrophysics
Disorganized, dysunctional
Public Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Oakwood, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: competetive salary
Cons: the worst administration i have ever encountered anywhere.
The culture of consolidation has caused isolationism and ridiculous amounts of bitterness and departmental autonomy.
Innovative and driven workplace perfect to gain further experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Dahlonega, GAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: new facility, high quality equipment
Cons: compensation for my position purely experience based
As a research assistant I came in several times weekly to conduct experiments and maintain our sample population in order to further the research of my supervising professor. I learned several microbiological, microscopy, and sample storage and collection techniques. I also gained knowledge in the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, dissection microscopes, immunofluorescent microscopes, and incubators. The most enjoyable part of the job was simple achieving the desired results and furthering my experience.
I absolutely loved working and studying at this university.
Arabic Tutor (Former Employee), Dahlonega, GAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: i would recommend this university for any student and/or potential faculty
UNG allowed me to expand upon my language capabilities while directly interacting with aspiring language students. The faculty at UNG have diversified academic upbringings and experiences which enhance the learning experience for any student. It has a beautiful campus and surrounding area and affordable tuition.
So far so good
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAAugust 27, 2013
I have just begun and everyone has ben kind and professional so far.
Enjoyable Job, Good Benefits, Low $$$
Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee), Oakwood, GAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: flexible time and excellent benefits
Cons: low salary, low growth potential
An enjoyable job that gives me flexible time constraints and low stress. Salary is very low for my educational level and level of knowledge needed for the job,
Great place to work!
Institutional Research Analyst (Current Employee), North GeorgiaFebruary 15, 2013
University of North Georgia is a great place to work. The campus is located in the mountains so the campus is very beautiful.