University of North Texas Employee Reviews in United States

Undergrad Research Assistant
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 15, 2016
Each day differs, depending on where we are within research projects. Some days I would sit in the office and compute data into excel, while others I would be in the lab performing tasks to obtain the data. Co-workers were really nice and very helpful, and were also passionate about their work. Hardest part of the job is having to sit during protocols that call for extended amount of time, usually waiting, while having nothing else to do.
Pros
Research Experience
Cons
Long Hours Once in Awhile
great workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  DentonJune 9, 2016
dynamic and fruitful work place with great opportunities to grow. Growing departments and management. friendly environment and helpful co-workers
an innovative work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 6, 2016
I learnt about electrical engineering concentration and I had great experience as a teaching assistant which helped me to find my path in future
Alright
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 6, 2016
The HR dept of the University has to improve by leaps and bounds. HR should be more helpful towards students.

The student environment is good, friendly and helpful
Fulfilling Job
Photography Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 12, 2016
The two jobs I had at UNT were very rewarding and fun.

At the UNT Photo Lab I learned so much about the printers, darkroom chemistry and how to think on my feet.

As the American Sign Language tutor I was able to help so many students learn a beautiful language and pass a class they were struggling in.

The hardest part of being a tutor was finding time to meet with all the students though I was able to figure it out well.

The most enjoyable part of both jobs was being able to help. I enjoy being helpful.
Pros
Watching students succeed, working in a job I loved
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and challenging
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 29, 2016
This job made me a quick learner. Helping out students is the best part of being a teaching assistant. I get to interact with hundreds of students and being a part of the course research helped me gain knowledge in the respective subjects as well.
Great place for student-workers
Special Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 28, 2016
I truly enjoyed my time as a Housing Ambassador and Special Assistant. Working for housing provided me with a consistent management team, and a comfortable environment.
Pros
Free Housing and Meal Plan
Simple, fun, not a career
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 11, 2016
The job itself is pretty easy most of the time. Employees are almost always left to their own devices with minimal (if any) intervention from their boss. However at being limited to 10 hours/week for $10/hour it is not a career position, just a supplemental job while a student.
Great for students
Cahier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 8, 2016
Great for students but only as part time. The stress can get high and their aren't many benefits. Management is incredibly supportive and understanding. Staff is fellow students so it's easy to get along but you should also expect immaturity.
News Promotion Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 8, 2016
• Write press releases, media advisories & social media postings
• Pitch news stories to local & regional news media
• Create daily newsletters sent to campus-wide community
• Coordinate & produce conference videos
• Interact with students during marketing outreach events
Great boss
Graduate Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 4, 2016
The hours were flexible and I learned a great deal about the classes where I assisted. I was able to get a feel for how it would be to be a full time teacher assistant.
Pros
flexible hours
learn and lead
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 28, 2016
what you work here is what you learn for your life.
best work environment ,many thinks to understand and implementing in daily life
Recruitment Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 22, 2016
Work experience was in a research lab, educational and well managed. Coworkers were supportive and productive. Management was incredibly helpful and supportive and willing to advise in the furthering of my career goals.
Aiming towards Growth of Research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 17, 2016
I used to work a lot on several research problems and publishing my work in reputed conferences.
Workplace is very good with powerful infrastructure to accomplish our research and achieve our research goals.
Great department and colleagues
UNIVERSITY INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 14, 2016
The management department at the University of North Texas is full of great people, from the administrative staff, to the full-time faculty, to the PhD students. There is a family-type culture where most employees get a long well. A typical day is spent reading research articles and/or writing research articles as well as teaching. The department leadership is committed and focused, but is not very flexible. I learned that academia is a lonely profession where there is little interaction with others. My colleagues have been very willing to help and are supportive to help me grow. The hardest part is being able to perform and write academic papers that are of a high quality. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn and discuss new ideas. UNT is a great school and the college of business has great professors and staff members.
Pros
Help of colleagues and flexibility
Cons
Pressure to publish and lots of time working alone
Great Place to Work
Teaching Fellow (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 18, 2016
The University of North Texas is a fantastic college that provides a work environment that emphasizes creativity and individuality. I have loved working here for the past two years
Good accessibility to Journals and Industrial equipment
Research and Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 26, 2016
The hardest part at the job, sometimes was the short deadline from the employee. During the travels we had the best facilities for free.
In this job I learned how to utilize my knowledge in an industrial field.
Gaining research experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Just a volunteering position in which I helped a master's student with their thesis work. The ABA department at UNT was an amazing place to further my understanding of applied behavior analysis.
Volunteering at ntTV is fun
Volunteer for ntTV (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 11, 2016
You learn a lot from volunteering at the University of North Texas's TV studio. A lot to do everyday and learn something new everyday. Fun, stressful environment at times.
Pros
Meet new people, new experiences
Cons
Can be stressful
N/a
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 5, 2016
The university of North Texas was a very diverse, educational, people-driven university. I played football for UNT all 4 yrs I attended, I learned how to become a team player and how to follow instructions while playing