University of North Texas

University of North Texas Employer Reviews

Good place to work at
Web Developer (Current Employee), DentonMarch 19, 2015
Good place to work at and start career with. Can learn technology and ace it. Work life balance is good. Management is also good.
Very good work atmosphere with lots of entertainment provided.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TXMarch 7, 2015
Great experience interacting with professors having lots of influence in industry and interacting with students who do extensive research in the field of science and technology.
Learned a lot, but very difficult and challenging place to work.
Teaching Fellow (Former Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 24, 2015
You get tea time at 10 am; the entire company drinks tea for 15 minutes.
The senior designer was very rude, but I to be honest I learned a lot from working at Bond.
Extrodinarily long hours, low pay, played favorites
Management Science Ph.D. Student (Former Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Doing research for the university
had many different tasks including writing papers and assisting Professors
Professors played favorites
Little to no social time
Full time student
Full time student (Former Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 6, 2015
I was a full time student at this point of my life, University of North Texas is a great school to attend! Built a lot of new networks and friendships at UNT!
Housing Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Focused on enhancing the quality of life at Legends Hall, one of UNT’s upperclassmen dormitories. Provided on-going academic support, and assisted in the administration of campus wide rules and regulations to the three hundred students living within the dormitory. Prepared and executed multiple resident events that created a venue for residents to bond and establish both professional and personal relationships.
Fun and enjoyable
Concessions Worker (Former Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free lunches, works with schedule (even better if you're a student of unt), friendly staff
Cons: a lot of other students/workers filling hours that you want, waiting for customers to arrive to the stands
Working in Concessions at UNT was a delightful experience. It was great to be greeted by superiors and co-workers upon arriving to work and delivering the food to where it needed to go was rewarding upon seeing the workers smile and thank me. Management was very helpful in helping me settle into work on the first couple of days and if I had a question or trouble, there was always someone ready to assist me. The hardest part of the job was trying to find games to work that wouldn't interfere with school and getting enough hours to work so I could earn enough money for groceries. The best part of the job was being thanked for all the work done as well as having fun with my co-workers.
Productive, had gym and rec center to remove stress.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good environment inside teams.
Cons: was a student also so it was difficult to manage time for studies and ta.
Teams that i got into were friendly and helpful. helped me to learn new things.
Productive and Creative
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 25, 2015
It was always good to be a part of University of North Texas. The staff here are really helpful and the knowledge spreading is awesome.
 Taught Statics course  Graded homework and exams for undergraduate students in the Department of Engineering Technology
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXDecember 26, 2014
 Taught Statics course
good institution to earn one's credentials
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Denton, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: cost
Cons: one pays for attendance
I learn a lot, work a lot, and pay to do it. A typical day includes attending class, studying, expanding my mind, exercising my body, and spending quality time with my life. Occasionally, group projects are a must, but that is seldom the case. I learn how to manage my time, stay focused and committed, and to never give up hope.
Great campus job! Gives you time to catch up on homework.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, lots of free time, sit at a desk (not on your feet)
Cons: micro-management, no possibility of advancement, not challenging.
My day to day duties at the Information Center included: answering phones, maintaining the lost and found, providing accurate information about the university and its services as well as other forms of customer serive. I found the management at times to be strict, but I realize that this is in the interest of maintaining a professional atmosphere and work environment. One of the biggest perks of my job was that we are allowed to work on class work when we are not attending to customers.
ok school
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TXNovember 29, 2014
The management is bureaucratic but classes are not too difficult to pass.

Pros: work/life balances depends on who you work with
Cons: pay your own tuition
Innovative and Progressive Experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TexasNovember 19, 2014
Continuous research is conducted daily to meet the goal of the projects and improvements are made during the process. For my automatic, temperature controlled, intermittent spray-cooling mechanism, I have learned how to automate the spray-cooling mechanism through the computer with external drivers necessary for temperature control of the heat exchanger fans. For my hydrophilic/hydrophobic copper samples, I have used photo-lithography to produce such combination on the sample surface needed for enhancing heat transfer. In management, I have to report on the progress of the projects to my professor in meetings conducted every week and share thoughts and solutions. My co-worker has been helpful and we usually work as a team to accomplish the goal of the projects by sharing ideas and perceptions besides performing tasks together. The hardest part of the job was the programming of the drivers necessary to control the fans at the heat exchangers using thermistors and pressure transducers. However, this task is accomplished by tuning the temperature and pressure settings of the driver correctly and testing the pick-up time of the fans to start spinning. The most enjoyable part of the job is also the most intense part of the job which is LabView programming. The ability to automate the intermittent mechanism or on-off mechanism together with collecting temperature and pressure data and compiling them into an excel file automatically in the computer with just the Start push button on LabView program brings out the best part of the project to be self-reliant. Besides, a safety mechanism has been programmed into the LabView to curb potential radical changes in pressure and temperature of the spray-cooling mechanism by shutting down the whole mechanism.
love my job
easy job
I get to study at work
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: environment, culture, flexible work schedule
Great people are what I enjoyed most at this job. The various tasks I had at this job were interesting and I learned a lot.
Enjoyed working with students and faculty.
Food Service Supervisor II (Former Employee), Denton, TXOctober 30, 2014
Horrible management, no communication among upper management, poor HR skills, poor people skills..
Fun place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay
I help students everyday with questions they may have regarding microsoft word, power point, and excel. I really enjoy to do this
A great opportunity to learn and do engineer something to help people
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXOctober 19, 2014
It was a very challenging work but all the necessary materials to get u started and situated are provided. Guidance is not always available, but there is always help when you seek it.
Challenging and stimulating research project
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Denton, TXOctober 10, 2014
I have full autonomy to perform my work at my own pace, while keeping up with my studies. I have great resources to call on, but much of the work is done on my own.
The hardest part of the job is analyzing data that is unique and difficult to interpret. When we get results, we have to determine a lot about it; and if there is a problem, it is up to us to determine the source of the problem and fix it.
The best part about this job is the achievement of success. When we solve a problem that has never been solved it is an exciting time in the lab!

1 2 3 4 5