University of North Texas Employee Reviews

Great Research Experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 14, 2017
I see working here is very challenging, innovative, complex problem solving skills are learnt here. I would greatly suggest working here in research projects.
Fun place to work, you get to meet new people everyday.
Part-Time Job Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 13, 2017
They work with your current school schedule. You are able to change schedule to work with your current situation. Great place to start in the food industry.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No room for advancement or benefits
Relaxed and fun environment to work for.
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time at UNT. It is a great institution with many employees focused on assisting students to reach their goals. It can be relaxing and at busy times a little stressful. The overall culture is great. There are not many opportunities for advancement unless you have a master in higher education which is discouraging.
Pros
Discount on tuition
An excellent entry-level work experience
Writing Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 2, 2017
Working at UNT as an undergraduate tutor was a fulfilling and enlightening experience in my development as a technical writer. There was no expectation of vertical movement in our professional careers at this job because it was only a job for students. We were compensated well, and graduate tutors were compensated even better, according to their work requirements. The atmosphere here is quite relaxed and it will be missed.
Pros
A great space to think collaboratively about the mechanics of the English language.
Cons
No benefits, though this was expected.
Productive and teamwork
Physic Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 18, 2017
I ensured that each customer received outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which included greeting and acknowledging customer needs. I Performed multiple tasks and provided exemplary service through all forms of banquet services and setting up catering events. The people were very friendly and easy to talk too.
Great experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 17, 2017
Worked under a professor of mine in the complex logistics systems laboratory. Had a great experience, good pay, flexible hours. Really great to learn everything I did.
productive
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 14, 2017
Working at UNT as a teaching assistant has given me experience in teaching and tuned my leadership qualities and working with a team.helped me with my speaking skills.
Great School
Web Center Services Support (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 8, 2017
Great School for north Texas students. The campus is really nice. The construction is not. Always has great students events every week. There is always something interesting going on.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 31, 2017
I have had a great experience as a student assistant at the University of North Texas at the Facilities Department. I was able to have time between class and work.
An institution of higher learning; you get out of it what you put into it.
Teaching Fellow (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed interacting with the professors. The students in my classes were diverse in terms of backgrounds, ages, and desire to learn. I felt very supported throughout my experience at the university.
Great diverse, fun, and engaging culture
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 16, 2017
UNT's Department of Management is excellent. As a TA, I feel empowered to help students retain key business concepts, while also going to school as a full-time student. The faculty at UNT is willing to go above and beyond to help students succeed and attain their goals.
Meh
Maintenance Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 14, 2017
Worked part time and usually had nothing to do. Was very surprised how unstructured the job was. Applied online and came in for in interview which was just them asking when I could start. Spent most days working on homework...
What its like to work in student accounting
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 14, 2017
A typical day in my office can be VERY slow and dull. But its the people you work with that make it fun. I working in student accounting at UNT and the only time we have any busy work is during registration. The rest is really just down time and you trying to find something to do.
Pretty Good place to work
Research Assistant to Dr. Suliman Hawamdeh (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX 76207March 14, 2017
It was a good experience overall, just ran into not being able to advance and being passed over for hire in the job while my white colleagues would get the job or be promoted.
Pros
Lots of room for experience
Cons
Sometimes diversity hits a glass ceiling
Okay to work for. Not slot of guidance or anywhere to go.
Student-Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Good job to have as a student who is excelling in their classes. Besides that there's not much pay or time. A lot of the students are just looking for someone to do their homework for them.
Pros
Good students relations.
Cons
Not enough hours
Micromanaged
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2017
A small new formed Department, Lacked Strong leadership. The School was more worried about pleasing staff and student over Texas Laws..
Pros
Coworkers were always willing to help
Cons
Lack of training, no advancement opportuities
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 23, 2017
I work as a student assistant. My co-workers and supervisors are very nice. The job allows me to have a flexible schedule. Overall, UNT is a good place to work.
Pros
Very flexible
The staff was more reliable than the establishment.
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I learned proper teamwork in a moderate stress environment during the course of this job. While I was working at the establishment a few of the machinery would break down. This impacted the cafeterias ability to properly serve the amount of customers it was expected to receive. Fortunately myself and the rest of the staff were able to work together in order to make the process as comfortable as possible.
Pros
Free Lunch and parking
Cons
The US government had me terminated for failing to sign the draft.
It's a University
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 29, 2017
The University understands that passing and progressing through classes are important and schedules you around your class schedule.
Academic Assistant
Lab Tutor/Grader (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 27, 2017
● Helped five students on average everyday with math assignments.
● Tutored students to get prepared for final exam for “Business Statistics”
● Assisted Professors with grading homework, exams and developing necessary spreadsheets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Texas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2