University of Northern Colorado Employee Reviews

Na
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 5, 2018
This was part of my graduate school program. I worked under a professor to learn how to do the job of teaching. The job was manageable and flexible hours.
Counselor
Customer Service and Operations (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80639February 5, 2018
Depending on the time of year it can become very busy. I talk with students and staff and other departments on campus on a daily basis. I also sometimes work with other institutions. I process financial aid files and communicate with students and families. I have learned even more about management, hiring practices, and time management. The workplace is great in that the Office of Financial Aid attempts to provide a family-like culture and support for students and family. The best part of the job is working students and supporting my staff members.
Pros
Great employee benefits
Cons
Low salaries
Unc
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631January 23, 2018
Great place to work and have a career. Worked here for three years and have learned alot form my colleagues. Diverse population of employees and has many great perks for employees.
Pros
Perks, very rewarding
Cons
Far from where i live and the smell of animal rendering plant is strong at times
Office Environment Training
Dean of Students Office (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 16, 2018
Answering phones, scanning and copying, file attachment, scheduling, time management, training opportunities (safe zone), work study (work usually stayed at work).
Rigorous program with high expectations
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 4, 2018
Great career path. Very consuming of time outside of work. May responsibilities required beyond initial job description.

Rewarding work with very collaborative people.
Career Services was not a good place to work
Co-op Program Coordinator, Career Services (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 22, 2017
I left due to poor management, harassment of the professional employees, no support. I felt my professional career and reputation would be jeopardized if I stayed there.

There were illegal activities going on in that department at that time and 6 of us walked out.
Pros
I liked my job at first
Cons
Employees were treated badly
Depends on Your Department
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 21, 2017
Conflict within certain disciplines, although this is likely common at most universities. Also, as with most universities, there is a gender pay gap.
Good for the Perks and the Connections
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wiebking HallNovember 24, 2017
In many ways, you're always on the clock and you live in a fishbowl. A typical day could mean none to many desk shifts. Beyond that, resident interactions are required, administrative tasks such as logging those interactions, hanging up signage, and holding engaging programs.
Adjunct faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80639November 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with graduate students and wish there were better communication between core faculty and adjunct faculty. I never knew if I would be teaching the next semester until fairly close to the start of the new semester, which did not allow much prep time. I rarely spoke with core faculty about expectations.
Pros
teaching expereince
Cons
lack of communication
Good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 11, 2017
A good place to work. Environment is always changing and added to the variety of work and atmosphere. Experienced a diverse culture and enjoyed all the people.
Great benefits but management lacking
Budget and Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 26, 2017
The worked an 8 hour per day, 40 hour week on average. I can to the job with knowledge about Banner, but the training was lacking and I didn't get computer accesses fully set up until I had been employed for six months.Most employees have twenty plus years with UNC so the culture is not inclusive to newcomers. The hardest part of the job was figuring out the politics of the place. I enjoyed most of the people there.
Pros
Great benefits including dependent tuition and most of the people were friendly
Cons
lack of structured training for job specifics and computer access took too long.
Positive employer
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 7, 2017
Work flow is fairly well-balanced, with occasional intense times that are anticipated in higher education. I most enjoy seeing the students return to campus in large numbers each fall. The limitations of advancement in my department are frustrating. I don't want to leave the social network and the job I enjoy, but have reached the limits of what they can offer.
Benefits
Cons
Limitations of advancement
Magnificent University
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 5, 2017
Wonderful experience, and truly had the opportunity to help college bound students. Additionally, able to assist many non-traditional receive scholarships and counseling.
Unco
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 16, 2017
Just graduated and I am going to miss this campus and everyone here immensely. It's a smaller campus with smaller classrooms, which gives students better one on one with the professors. Great resources and community. I'll miss UNC! Once a bear always a bear!
Warehouse Driver
Warehouse Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 6, 2017
Very easy job. You deliver mail, and you drive a truck around. It is very relaxed and management is very fair. Fast paced, but not stressful. You will often leave early.
Very fun environment
UNC phonathon caller (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 5, 2017
Exciting work environment with great co workers and a well balanced work schedule. The schedule allowed for a positive work life balance as well as time to focus on school.
Adjunct instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 22, 2017
As an adjunct I have no job security, however the people I work with are great, and I enjoy the environment, the students and overall atmosphere. I only wish I could teach here full time
Once a month pay is hard
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2017
Variety of departments and directors can change how this job is perceived. Working for the state is challenging and the students are great. Some of the managers are hard to work with but some are awesome.
Fun workplace, office staff are great to work with.
University Center Information Desk, Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 18, 2017
The job itself can be very boring, but the people around (during normal business hours) are great! Very easy work. There are often events in the building, and you mostly just answer questions and give directions. You can get a lot of homework done (student employment).
Job duties
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 27, 2017
Overall I think it is a good place, but I think the teaching duties are way too much when you know you are a student as well and doing research at the same time.
The stipend is low as well.
No job security