University of Northern Colorado Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, office staff are great to work with.
University Center Information Desk, Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 18, 2017
The job itself can be very boring, but the people around (during normal business hours) are great! Very easy work. There are often events in the building, and you mostly just answer questions and give directions. You can get a lot of homework done (student employment).
Job duties
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 27, 2017
Overall I think it is a good place, but I think the teaching duties are way too much when you know you are a student as well and doing research at the same time.
The stipend is low as well.
No job security
Friendly but Challenging
ASAP Advocate/ Student (Former Employee) –  9th AveMarch 15, 2017
Having a full workload was challenging but fun because of all of the teachers and wonderful staff.The people who you work with are always so supportive and understanding.
Poorly Run
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 24, 2017
UNC is not able to compete with Universities due to old programming systems & limited vision. They do however do a wonderful job of promoting from within
Helpful and fun to work at
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 20, 2017
I spent alot of time catering and working the computer lab. they were both really great experiences and i am very happy to have gotten these positions.
not with the headache
DS3 Lead cook (Current Employee) –  Greeley, Co TK dinning hallJanuary 20, 2017
Creating any positive form of teamwork is impossible to due to the inability to make any sort of change. Consistently understaffed and under paid. Performing above and beyond your duties accomplishes little but a larger work load for yourself. Subordinates have more power and rights than management. Eliminating a poor employee requires extensive documentation of their inability and contempt to preform their job.( an individual could miss upwards of two weeks without notification before management could even begin the process of terminating them.) Not worth the headaches.
Pros
free lunch, affordable Health care, free tuition for dependants
Cons
Poor pay, long hours, no teamwork
Review Of the University of Northern Colorado
Supervisor, Student Manager,Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 12, 2017
Every day I would open and close the food court. I would make sure that all employees would follow healthy and safe working procedures. I would as well make sure that all schedules would work with the classes that each employee had.
fast paced and enjoyable work environment
Prep Lead (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 30, 2016
Nice place to work friendly people and management. Great benefits not the best pay but the benefits are close to worth it. Convenient location by the bus stop.
Low income
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 28, 2016
This job was not nearly enough compensation to live on or even survive with. I was often feeling taken advantage of as an employee based on my student status.
Amazing and supportive work enviornment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 23, 2016
I've grown so much from working here and wish that I didn't have to leave. However, my family is moving out of state and so will I. I've learned a lot and got to meet a lot of people from different walks of life. Everyday was different nothing was ever dull.
College working
Student Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 19, 2016
Not exactly a career field, but Dining Services and Parking Enforcement both provided good sources of income for starving college students.
Pros
Fun Co-workers, decent pay, flexible hours
Valuable work experience and learned useful skills.
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2016
This job hand many benefits and I enjoyed working with the people. A typical day would last about ten hours and I would work with a variety of recipes and food products. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skills that helped me be more efficient in the kitchen.
University of Northern Colorado
Christian Challenge Staff Intern (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 25, 2016
UNC was a wonderful school to pursue my degree with. Professional professors who had my best interest in mind helped get me to where I am today.
Good Place to work
Accounting Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 11, 2016
People are good, just not a lot of chance for advancement. Like to work here as the benefits for having children go to school free.
Fun work environment
Dinning Hall Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 8, 2016
Here you would get to do something different every day. This job was working with and for individuals around your same age.
Work study in Human Resources
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 3, 2015
This was a work study opportunity and was a good job until I got established as a resident in Greeley and was able to find another job while attending school. The office team is great and was conducive to learning office skills.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low pay
Nothing out of the ordinary
Adjunct English Faculty (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 30, 2015
It's a pretty typical university environment. I found the office staff supportive and the management aloof. The student body are diverse in that some are highly motivated and some are not. That being said, I find a higher number of students who try to excel than students who do not care.
Great working enviornment
Mailroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 16, 2015
The campus community is more of a family atmosphere. Very enjoyable. The students that work on campus along side the staff offer a fun environment.
University of Northern Colorado
Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 30, 2015
UNC is a very innovative university that focuses on student learning. The people who work here really care about the students and care about giving individual guidance.
Excellent
Professor of Public Health (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 9, 2015
UNC is a great school to work for. The people were nice and the classroom sizes for Public Health were small. Wasn't there long enough to evaluate compensation or job security.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
School located one hour from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Northern Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3