University of Northern Colorado Employee Reviews

GREAT PLACE
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Greeley, COJune 17, 2015
I LOVED WORKING HERE IT WAS EXTREMELY FUN AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. IF I COULD I'D WORK THERE ALL OVER AGAIN. I LIKED HOW FRIENDLY EVERYONE WAS AND HOW MUCH AT HOME I FELT.
Great Opportunity
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Greeley ColoradoJune 1, 2015
Pros: Own classes, fair pay
Cons: post grad school opportunities not really there
I loved being a TA. The pay was fair, but the opportunity was amazing. I had my own classes, instead of many TA positions where a professor on the name and a TA does most of the work.
A great introduction to becoming a dietitian
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee), Greater Denver AreaJune 1, 2015
Pros: Good environment, excellent learning opportunities
Cons: Unpaid, not much supervision or direction.
As an intern, I rotated between several different facilities to get a well-rounded knowledge base of the profession. Rotations include: community, school foodservice, hospital foodservice, clinical dietetics, and nutrition education. I was responsible for not only covering for a dietitian, but also responsible for projects outside of the 40-hour work week. Management was minimal, as this is a distance internship. Therefore, I managed my own internship, set up my rotations, organized the paperwork etc. The hardest part about being an intern is learning a new job every 6-8 weeks as you change rotations. This, however, has become an advantage for me as I am comfortable in new settings and learn quickly. The most enjoyable part of the program has been learning the different facets of dietetics and how broad the range of opportunity is for dietitians.
Undergraduate research
Researcher (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great faculty
Cons: Limited fudning
Working for/with the physics department was great. Although there was limited funding for projects, the grants we did have was spent on a collaboration project for multiple research subjects.
Enjoyable workplace that was very welcoming
Reisher Family Scholarship Peer Advocate (Current Employee), Greeley, COMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, positive atmosphere
Cons: none
I worked at UNC Financial Aid Office as the Student Advocate for Reisher Family Scholarship. From the very first day, I was welcomed with open arms. Unlike many office based work areas, the Financial had little to no gossip circulating and people were very comfortable talking to each other. I would love to have worked here longer, but I am finishing my degree in the summer, so I will no longer be able to work there.
Productive and fun Workplace
Lot Officer / Office Aid (Current Employee), Greeley, CoApril 16, 2015
Most days are the same, but with a few curve balls to keep you on your feet. Fun people to work with on the day to day. Helping people with citations and understanding the rules of the campus lots is the first priority.
school
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Greeley, COApril 13, 2015
School was definitely an excellent opportunity for me to advance mentally and as an overall individual. The school culture was great. I enjoyed the fact that students and faculty had close ties to each other. My professors were understanding.
Great work enviroment
Business Manager (Current Employee), Greeley, COApril 2, 2015
Great work environment, great co-workers. Learned supervisory roles, accounts receivable, facility operations, event management.
Amazing place to work
Office Assistant at the Recreation Center (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great bosses, understanding, enjoyable work place
Cons: nothing
Work was so incredible from the people and management to the type of skills we gained. There was no hard part because I had an amazing team behind me that would help every time I made a mistake and made sure I knew that even the bosses make mistakes. My most enjoyable part was everything. Everybody was so helpful and optimistic all the time and it was so nice to be around.
best job ever
Student Employee (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 13, 2015
working with the supervisors and the staff at Native American Student Services ( NASS) was the most empowering job that I had. even though I was there for a very short time due to me graduating early the environment was very welcoming.
Strength coach
Assistant Sports Performance Coach (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 3, 2015
great school
bad administration
money at the top being double filtered on the way down
great students
+++++++
+++++++
Cleaning in the whole campus
Custodial Staff (Current Employee), Greeley, CODecember 2, 2014
Pros: very satisfying
Cons: unfavorable hours
The work here is not hard, but can be satisfying. Making sure that the area you are cleaning is completed the best you can. Management is linked to the rules of the State and can be very cumbersome.
UNC
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Greeley, COSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: co workers, happy enviorment.
Cons: none.
I learned how to work in the real world after being in collage for 2 years. I love doing what i do and helping patients with thier needs. I love to make sure i am making a difference in people lifes. I loved working my Co workers they always where there if i need help or answered questions when needed. The hardest part of the job was for me making sure i asked all the questions and getting all the information from the patiend before the doctor had to come in.
Work Study Position
Student Employee (Former Employee), Greeley, COSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: easy work, worked with school schedule
Cons: only work study
It was a work study position-easy with decent pay. No complaints.
Work outside and make money
Security Officer I/ Technician (Former Employee), Greeley, COJuly 26, 2014
Pros: lunch, schedule
Cons: low pay
Great job for college kid as being a student. Allows you to work as much as you want or as little as you want based on your class times and class schedule.
A good on-campus job for university students
Campus Safety Patrol (Former Employee), Greeley, COJune 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and job security
Cons: minimum wage and no benefits
Since I lived close to campus it was only a five minute walk to work everyday. Depending on the day, I would either work inside the office or outside. If I was inside the office I would help visitors pay their parking tickets and answer phone calls. If I was outside I would proactively patrol campus properties to detect and deter violations of parking rules and regulations.

The hardest part of the job is staying calm and not letting the customers/ visitors get the best of you. A majority of the time the customers are very upset because they received a violation. It is your duty and responsibility to stay calm, cool, and collective. You must also try to help the individual understand why they received that specific violation, in order to prevent it from occurring again.
Positive workplace
Student Employee (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay
I worked at the UNC dining hall, and for being my first ever job, it was a great place.
Learning Environment
Course Instructor (Former Employee), Greeley, COFebruary 5, 2014
Teaching was really fun and quite a great job. Teaching introduces new concept everyday which made me learn more.
University of Northern Colorado
Circulation Desk Staff (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 30, 2014
Working while attending college can be tough. However, landing an on campus job will help students learn how to balance work, school, and social life. Mangers/Supervisors are really willing to help you succeed in school while earning a paycheck.
Positive environment with plenty of professional support
Interim Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), Greeley, CoDecember 17, 2013
Capable employees dedicated to the mission of UNC. Strong management and plenty of healthy communication between co-workers.