University of Northern Colorado Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place to work
Accounting Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 11, 2016
People are good, just not a lot of chance for advancement. Like to work here as the benefits for having children go to school free.
Excellent
Professor of Public Health (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 9, 2015
UNC is a great school to work for. The people were nice and the classroom sizes for Public Health were small. Wasn't there long enough to evaluate compensation or job security.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
School located one hour from home
Valuable work experience and learned useful skills.
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2016
This job hand many benefits and I enjoyed working with the people. A typical day would last about ten hours and I would work with a variety of recipes and food products. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skills that helped me be more efficient in the kitchen.
Nothing out of the ordinary
Adjunct English Faculty (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 30, 2015
It's a pretty typical university environment. I found the office staff supportive and the management aloof. The student body are diverse in that some are highly motivated and some are not. That being said, I find a higher number of students who try to excel than students who do not care.
College working
Student Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 19, 2016
Not exactly a career field, but Dining Services and Parking Enforcement both provided good sources of income for starving college students.
Pros
Fun Co-workers, decent pay, flexible hours
University of Northern Colorado
Christian Challenge Staff Intern (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 25, 2016
UNC was a wonderful school to pursue my degree with. Professional professors who had my best interest in mind helped get me to where I am today.
A good on-campus job for university students
Campus Safety Patrol (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 19, 2014
Since I lived close to campus it was only a five minute walk to work everyday. Depending on the day, I would either work inside the office or outside. If I was inside the office I would help visitors pay their parking tickets and answer phone calls. If I was outside I would proactively patrol campus properties to detect and deter violations of parking rules and regulations.

The hardest part of the job is staying calm and not letting the customers/ visitors get the best of you. A majority of the time the customers are very upset because they received a violation. It is your duty and responsibility to stay calm, cool, and collective. You must also try to help the individual understand why they received that specific violation, in order to prevent it from occurring again.
Pros
flexible hours and job security
Cons
minimum wage and no benefits
Fun work environment
Dinning Hall Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 8, 2016
Here you would get to do something different every day. This job was working with and for individuals around your same age.
Work study in Human Resources
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 3, 2015
This was a work study opportunity and was a good job until I got established as a resident in Greeley and was able to find another job while attending school. The office team is great and was conducive to learning office skills.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low pay
A great introduction to becoming a dietitian
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee) –  Greater Denver AreaJune 1, 2015
As an intern, I rotated between several different facilities to get a well-rounded knowledge base of the profession. Rotations include: community, school foodservice, hospital foodservice, clinical dietetics, and nutrition education. I was responsible for not only covering for a dietitian, but also responsible for projects outside of the 40-hour work week. Management was minimal, as this is a distance internship. Therefore, I managed my own internship, set up my rotations, organized the paperwork etc. The hardest part about being an intern is learning a new job every 6-8 weeks as you change rotations. This, however, has become an advantage for me as I am comfortable in new settings and learn quickly. The most enjoyable part of the program has been learning the different facets of dietetics and how broad the range of opportunity is for dietitians.
Pros
Good environment, excellent learning opportunities
Cons
Unpaid, not much supervision or direction.
Great working enviornment
Mailroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 16, 2015
The campus community is more of a family atmosphere. Very enjoyable. The students that work on campus along side the staff offer a fun environment.
University of Northern Colorado
Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 30, 2015
UNC is a very innovative university that focuses on student learning. The people who work here really care about the students and care about giving individual guidance.
Enjoyable workplace that was very welcoming
Reisher Family Scholarship Peer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 10, 2015
I worked at UNC Financial Aid Office as the Student Advocate for Reisher Family Scholarship. From the very first day, I was welcomed with open arms. Unlike many office based work areas, the Financial had little to no gossip circulating and people were very comfortable talking to each other. I would love to have worked here longer, but I am finishing my degree in the summer, so I will no longer be able to work there.
Pros
Great coworkers, positive atmosphere
Cons
Great place to work and impact kids lives, hard place to make a living.
Head Wrestling Coach (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 24, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day as a college coach. When dealing with 30 kids, you are constantly faced with daily challenges, disappointments, victories, and battles. You have to be a problem solver, a great communicator, a mentor, and a bad guy on occasion. On top of dealing with the kids and figuring out how to make them successful, you are dealing with a less than appropriate budget in which you are expected to build a successful program with.

Through this job I have learned how to manage people, how to communicate effectively, and how to make things work even under the most difficult of circumstances. Because of budget short falls, I have often times had to be creative and have an I'm going to get it done anyhow attitude. This has helped me build a team with a great group of kids as well as develop a great culture.

The hardest part of this job is not taking all the setbacks, losses, and challenges personally. There are a lot of variables out of your control in a position like this, you have to realize that and do your best to minimize your reaction to certain situations, and keep a cool head in all situations. The best part of this job is working with the kids and seeing them achieve their goals or doing something they didn't think they could do. Overall, seeing that is what makes dealing with all the other stuff (the NCAA, administration, conduct issues, lack of funds, angry alumni, parents, etc...) worth it.
Pros
freedom to build own schedule, great benefits, working with kids.
Cons
hours worked during season, salary, having yuor livleyhood resting on the shoulders of thirty 18-24 year olds.
Amazing place to work
Office Assistant at the Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 21, 2015
Work was so incredible from the people and management to the type of skills we gained. There was no hard part because I had an amazing team behind me that would help every time I made a mistake and made sure I knew that even the bosses make mistakes. My most enjoyable part was everything. Everybody was so helpful and optimistic all the time and it was so nice to be around.
Pros
great bosses, understanding, enjoyable work place
Cons
nothing
Great Opportunity
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley ColoradoJune 1, 2015
I loved being a TA. The pay was fair, but the opportunity was amazing. I had my own classes, instead of many TA positions where a professor on the name and a TA does most of the work.
Pros
Own classes, fair pay
Cons
post grad school opportunities not really there
Great place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 17, 2015
I loved working here it was extremely fun and a great place to work. If I could I'd work there all over again. I liked how friendly everyone was and how much at home I felt.
Undergraduate research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 23, 2015
Working for/with the physics department was great. Although there was limited funding for projects, the grants we did have was spent on a collaboration project for multiple research subjects.
Pros
Great faculty
Cons
Limited fudning
school
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 13, 2015
School was definitely an excellent opportunity for me to advance mentally and as an overall individual. The school culture was great. I enjoyed the fact that students and faculty had close ties to each other. My professors were understanding.
Great work enviroment
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 2, 2015
Great work environment, great co-workers. Learned supervisory roles, accounts receivable, facility operations, event management.

4.5