University of Northern Colorado Employee Reviews

not with the headache
DS3 Lead cook (Current Employee) –  Greeley, Co TK dinning hallJanuary 20, 2017
Creating any positive form of teamwork is impossible to due to the inability to make any sort of change. Consistently understaffed and under paid. Performing above and beyond your duties accomplishes little but a larger work load for yourself. Subordinates have more power and rights than management. Eliminating a poor employee requires extensive documentation of their inability and contempt to preform their job.( an individual could miss upwards of two weeks without notification before management could even begin the process of terminating them.) Not worth the headaches.
Pros
free lunch, affordable Health care, free tuition for dependants
Cons
Poor pay, long hours, no teamwork
Review Of the University of Northern Colorado
Supervisor, Student Manager,Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 12, 2017
Every day I would open and close the food court. I would make sure that all employees would follow healthy and safe working procedures. I would as well make sure that all schedules would work with the classes that each employee had.
fast paced and enjoyable work environment
Prep Lead (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 30, 2016
Nice place to work friendly people and management. Great benefits not the best pay but the benefits are close to worth it. Convenient location by the bus stop.
Low income
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 28, 2016
This job was not nearly enough compensation to live on or even survive with. I was often feeling taken advantage of as an employee based on my student status.
Amazing and supportive work enviornment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 23, 2016
I've grown so much from working here and wish that I didn't have to leave. However, my family is moving out of state and so will I. I've learned a lot and got to meet a lot of people from different walks of life. Everyday was different nothing was ever dull.
Valuable work experience and learned useful skills.
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2016
This job hand many benefits and I enjoyed working with the people. A typical day would last about ten hours and I would work with a variety of recipes and food products. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skills that helped me be more efficient in the kitchen.
College working
Student Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 19, 2016
Not exactly a career field, but Dining Services and Parking Enforcement both provided good sources of income for starving college students.
Pros
Fun Co-workers, decent pay, flexible hours
University of Northern Colorado
Christian Challenge Staff Intern (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 25, 2016
UNC was a wonderful school to pursue my degree with. Professional professors who had my best interest in mind helped get me to where I am today.
Nothing out of the ordinary
Adjunct English Faculty (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 30, 2015
It's a pretty typical university environment. I found the office staff supportive and the management aloof. The student body are diverse in that some are highly motivated and some are not. That being said, I find a higher number of students who try to excel than students who do not care.
Good Place to work
Accounting Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 11, 2016
People are good, just not a lot of chance for advancement. Like to work here as the benefits for having children go to school free.

Want to know more about University of Northern Colorado?

Ask a question
Work study in Human Resources
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 3, 2015
This was a work study opportunity and was a good job until I got established as a resident in Greeley and was able to find another job while attending school. The office team is great and was conducive to learning office skills.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low pay
Fun work environment
Dinning Hall Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 8, 2016
Here you would get to do something different every day. This job was working with and for individuals around your same age.
Enjoyable workplace that was very welcoming
Reisher Family Scholarship Peer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 10, 2015
I worked at UNC Financial Aid Office as the Student Advocate for Reisher Family Scholarship. From the very first day, I was welcomed with open arms. Unlike many office based work areas, the Financial had little to no gossip circulating and people were very comfortable talking to each other. I would love to have worked here longer, but I am finishing my degree in the summer, so I will no longer be able to work there.
Pros
Great coworkers, positive atmosphere
University of Northern Colorado
Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 30, 2015
UNC is a very innovative university that focuses on student learning. The people who work here really care about the students and care about giving individual guidance.
Excellent
Professor of Public Health (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 9, 2015
UNC is a great school to work for. The people were nice and the classroom sizes for Public Health were small. Wasn't there long enough to evaluate compensation or job security.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
School located one hour from home
Amazing place to work
Office Assistant at the Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 21, 2015
Work was so incredible from the people and management to the type of skills we gained. There was no hard part because I had an amazing team behind me that would help every time I made a mistake and made sure I knew that even the bosses make mistakes. My most enjoyable part was everything. Everybody was so helpful and optimistic all the time and it was so nice to be around.
Pros
Great bosses, understanding, enjoyable work place
Unc
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 14, 2014
I learned how to work in the real world after being in collage for 2 years. I love doing what i do and helping patients with thier needs. I love to make sure i am making a difference in people lifes. I loved working my Co workers they always where there if i need help or answered questions when needed. The hardest part of the job was for me making sure i asked all the questions and getting all the information from the patiend before the doctor had to come in.
Pros
Co workers, Happy enviorment.
Cons
None.
Only Aviable to University Students in the Chemistry Department
Senior Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 21, 2012
This is a great opportunity for students in the chemistry fields to gain research experience. Each year/semester there are new projects that are avaible. Not all projects are the same nor are they always avaible for multiple years. (You are partnered under a proffessor's research project that they are conducting) Duties are different for each student but all will have to present their research projects at the end on a poster.

ONLY AVIABLE TO UNCO STUDENTS!!
Pros
experience
Cons
unc students only
Great education from very knowledgeable professors
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, ColoradoDecember 11, 2012
UNC provided a great education in chemistry. The school is large enough to afford expensive scientific equipment and highly skilled professors who know how to use it, but yet it had small enough class sizes in chemistry that you could get to know your professors. For graduate level classes a class size would be around seven students to one PhD professor.
Great part time job training athletes during college
Asst. Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 13, 2012
My typical day as an assistant weightlifting coach involved writing workout programs, teaching correct lifting techniques, encouraging athletes to strive peak performance, and ensuring safety throughout workouts.

I learned weightlifting safety and techniques, how to prescribe workouts for specific athletes, and motivational skills.

Management was supportive and encouraging, as were my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was teaching athletes to break bad ligting habits.

The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching an athlete correct form/technique and watching them implement it with success.
Pros
good working hours, great experience coaching/teaching, working with other to achieve their goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Northern Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4