University of Northern Colorado Employee Reviews

not with the headache
DS3 Lead cook (Current Employee) –  Greeley, Co TK dinning hallJanuary 20, 2017
Creating any positive form of teamwork is impossible to due to the inability to make any sort of change. Consistently understaffed and under paid. Performing above and beyond your duties accomplishes little but a larger work load for yourself. Subordinates have more power and rights than management. Eliminating a poor employee requires extensive documentation of their inability and contempt to preform their job.( an individual could miss upwards of two weeks without notification before management could even begin the process of terminating them.) Not worth the headaches.
Pros
free lunch, affordable Health care, free tuition for dependants
Cons
Poor pay, long hours, no teamwork
fast paced and enjoyable work environment
Prep Lead (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 30, 2016
Nice place to work friendly people and management. Great benefits not the best pay but the benefits are close to worth it. Convenient location by the bus stop.
Low income
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 28, 2016
This job was not nearly enough compensation to live on or even survive with. I was often feeling taken advantage of as an employee based on my student status.
Review Of the University of Northern Colorado
Supervisor, Student Manager,Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 12, 2017
Every day I would open and close the food court. I would make sure that all employees would follow healthy and safe working procedures. I would as well make sure that all schedules would work with the classes that each employee had.
Friendly but Challenging
ASAP Advocate/ Student (Former Employee) –  9th AveMarch 15, 2017
Having a full workload was challenging but fun because of all of the teachers and wonderful staff.The people who you work with are always so supportive and understanding.
Poorly Run
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 24, 2017
UNC is not able to compete with Universities due to old programming systems & limited vision. They do however do a wonderful job of promoting from within
Helpful and fun to work at
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 20, 2017
I spent alot of time catering and working the computer lab. they were both really great experiences and i am very happy to have gotten these positions.
Valuable work experience and learned useful skills.
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2016
This job hand many benefits and I enjoyed working with the people. A typical day would last about ten hours and I would work with a variety of recipes and food products. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skills that helped me be more efficient in the kitchen.
Good Place to work
Accounting Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 11, 2016
People are good, just not a lot of chance for advancement. Like to work here as the benefits for having children go to school free.
College working
Student Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 19, 2016
Not exactly a career field, but Dining Services and Parking Enforcement both provided good sources of income for starving college students.
Pros
Fun Co-workers, decent pay, flexible hours
A good on-campus job for university students
Campus Safety Patrol (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 19, 2014
Since I lived close to campus it was only a five minute walk to work everyday. Depending on the day, I would either work inside the office or outside. If I was inside the office I would help visitors pay their parking tickets and answer phone calls. If I was outside I would proactively patrol campus properties to detect and deter violations of parking rules and regulations.

The hardest part of the job is staying calm and not letting the customers/ visitors get the best of you. A majority of the time the customers are very upset because they received a violation. It is your duty and responsibility to stay calm, cool, and collective. You must also try to help the individual understand why they received that specific violation, in order to prevent it from occurring again.
Pros
Flexible hours and job security
Cons
Minimum wage and no benefits
Amazing and supportive work enviornment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 23, 2016
I've grown so much from working here and wish that I didn't have to leave. However, my family is moving out of state and so will I. I've learned a lot and got to meet a lot of people from different walks of life. Everyday was different nothing was ever dull.
Excellent
Professor of Public Health (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 9, 2015
UNC is a great school to work for. The people were nice and the classroom sizes for Public Health were small. Wasn't there long enough to evaluate compensation or job security.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
School located one hour from home
A great introduction to becoming a dietitian
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee) –  Greater Denver AreaJune 1, 2015
As an intern, I rotated between several different facilities to get a well-rounded knowledge base of the profession. Rotations include: community, school foodservice, hospital foodservice, clinical dietetics, and nutrition education. I was responsible for not only covering for a dietitian, but also responsible for projects outside of the 40-hour work week. Management was minimal, as this is a distance internship. Therefore, I managed my own internship, set up my rotations, organized the paperwork etc. The hardest part about being an intern is learning a new job every 6-8 weeks as you change rotations. This, however, has become an advantage for me as I am comfortable in new settings and learn quickly. The most enjoyable part of the program has been learning the different facets of dietetics and how broad the range of opportunity is for dietitians.
Pros
Good environment, excellent learning opportunities
Cons
Unpaid, not much supervision or direction.
Great part time job training athletes during college
Asst. Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 13, 2012
My typical day as an assistant weightlifting coach involved writing workout programs, teaching correct lifting techniques, encouraging athletes to strive peak performance, and ensuring safety throughout workouts.

I learned weightlifting safety and techniques, how to prescribe workouts for specific athletes, and motivational skills.

Management was supportive and encouraging, as were my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was teaching athletes to break bad ligting habits.

The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching an athlete correct form/technique and watching them implement it with success.
Pros
good working hours, great experience coaching/teaching, working with other to achieve their goals
Nothing out of the ordinary
Adjunct English Faculty (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 30, 2015
It's a pretty typical university environment. I found the office staff supportive and the management aloof. The student body are diverse in that some are highly motivated and some are not. That being said, I find a higher number of students who try to excel than students who do not care.
University of Northern Colorado
Christian Challenge Staff Intern (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 25, 2016
UNC was a wonderful school to pursue my degree with. Professional professors who had my best interest in mind helped get me to where I am today.
Amazing place to work
Office Assistant at the Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 21, 2015
Work was so incredible from the people and management to the type of skills we gained. There was no hard part because I had an amazing team behind me that would help every time I made a mistake and made sure I knew that even the bosses make mistakes. My most enjoyable part was everything. Everybody was so helpful and optimistic all the time and it was so nice to be around.
Pros
Great bosses, understanding, enjoyable work place
Fun work environment
Dinning Hall Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 8, 2016
Here you would get to do something different every day. This job was working with and for individuals around your same age.
Great place to work and impact kids lives, hard place to make a living.
Head Wrestling Coach (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 24, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day as a college coach. When dealing with 30 kids, you are constantly faced with daily challenges, disappointments, victories, and battles. You have to be a problem solver, a great communicator, a mentor, and a bad guy on occasion. On top of dealing with the kids and figuring out how to make them successful, you are dealing with a less than appropriate budget in which you are expected to build a successful program with.

Through this job I have learned how to manage people, how to communicate effectively, and how to make things work even under the most difficult of circumstances. Because of budget short falls, I have often times had to be creative and have an I'm going to get it done anyhow attitude. This has helped me build a team with a great group of kids as well as develop a great culture.

The hardest part of this job is not taking all the setbacks, losses, and challenges personally. There are a lot of variables out of your control in a position like this, you have to realize that and do your best to minimize your reaction to certain situations, and keep a cool head in all situations. The best part of this job is working with the kids and seeing them achieve their goals or doing something they didn't think they could do. Overall, seeing that is what makes dealing with all the other stuff (the NCAA, administration, conduct issues, lack of funds, angry alumni, parents, etc...) worth it.
Pros
Freedom to build own schedule, great benefits, working with kids.
Cons
hours worked during season, salary, having yuor livleyhood resting on the shoulders of thirty 18-24 year olds.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Northern Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3