University of Northern Colorado

University of Northern Colorado Employer Reviews

Amazing place to work
Office Assistant at the Recreation Center (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great bosses, understanding, enjoyable work place
Cons: nothing
Work was so incredible from the people and management to the type of skills we gained. There was no hard part because I had an amazing team behind me that would help every time I made a mistake and made sure I knew that even the bosses make mistakes. My most enjoyable part was everything. Everybody was so helpful and optimistic all the time and it was so nice to be around.
best job ever
Student Employee (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 13, 2015
working with the supervisors and the staff at Native American Student Services ( NASS) was the most empowering job that I had. even though I was there for a very short time due to me graduating early the environment was very welcoming.
Strength coach
Assistant Sports Performance Coach (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 3, 2015
great school
bad administration
money at the top being double filtered on the way down
great students
+++++++
+++++++
Cleaning in the whole campus
Custodial Staff (Current Employee), Greeley, CODecember 2, 2014
Pros: very satisfying
Cons: unfavorable hours
The work here is not hard, but can be satisfying. Making sure that the area you are cleaning is completed the best you can. Management is linked to the rules of the State and can be very cumbersome.
UNC
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Greeley, COSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: co workers, happy enviorment.
Cons: none.
I learned how to work in the real world after being in collage for 2 years. I love doing what i do and helping patients with thier needs. I love to make sure i am making a difference in people lifes. I loved working my Co workers they always where there if i need help or answered questions when needed. The hardest part of the job was for me making sure i asked all the questions and getting all the information from the patiend before the doctor had to come in.
Work Study Position
Student Employee (Former Employee), Greeley, COSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: easy work, worked with school schedule
Cons: only work study
It was a work study position-easy with decent pay. No complaints.
Work outside and make money
Security Officer I/ Technician (Former Employee), Greeley, COJuly 26, 2014
Pros: lunch, schedule
Cons: low pay
Great job for college kid as being a student. Allows you to work as much as you want or as little as you want based on your class times and class schedule.
A good on-campus job for university students
Campus Safety Patrol (Former Employee), Greeley, COJune 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and job security
Cons: minimum wage and no benefits
Since I lived close to campus it was only a five minute walk to work everyday. Depending on the day, I would either work inside the office or outside. If I was inside the office I would help visitors pay their parking tickets and answer phone calls. If I was outside I would proactively patrol campus properties to detect and deter violations of parking rules and regulations.

The hardest part of the job is staying calm and not letting the customers/ visitors get the best of you. A majority of the time the customers are very upset because they received a violation. It is your duty and responsibility to stay calm, cool, and collective. You must also try to help the individual understand why they received that specific violation, in order to prevent it from occurring again.
Positive workplace
Student Employee (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay
I worked at the UNC dining hall, and for being my first ever job, it was a great place.
Community and family like atmosphere
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Information Desk - University CenterFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: flexible and accomodating
I worked with in the school the entire time I was a student. The Information Desk or University Center was always very accomodating to me as a student. Especially when there was a family illness.
Learning Environment
Course Instructor (Former Employee), Greeley, COFebruary 5, 2014
Teaching was really fun and quite a great job. Teaching introduces new concept everyday which made me learn more.
University of Northern Colorado
Circulation Desk Staff (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 30, 2014
Working while attending college can be tough. However, landing an on campus job will help students learn how to balance work, school, and social life. Mangers/Supervisors are really willing to help you succeed in school while earning a paycheck.
Positive environment with plenty of professional support
Interim Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), Greeley, CoDecember 17, 2013
Capable employees dedicated to the mission of UNC. Strong management and plenty of healthy communication between co-workers.
International Student Ambassador (Former Employee), ColoradoDecember 5, 2013
Had a great time. Learned a lot from all the professors and was sad to go
Great place to work and impact kids lives, hard place to make a living.
Head Wrestling Coach (Current Employee), Greeley, COSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: freedom to build own schedule, great benefits, working with kids.
Cons: hours worked during season, salary, having yuor livleyhood resting on the shoulders of thirty 18-24 year olds.
There is no such thing as a typical day as a college coach. When dealing with 30 kids, you are constantly faced with daily challenges, disappointments, victories, and battles. You have to be a problem solver, a great communicator, a mentor, and a bad guy on occasion. On top of dealing with the kids and figuring out how to make them successful, you are dealing with a less than appropriate budget in which you are expected to build a successful program with.

Through this job I have learned how to manage people, how to communicate effectively, and how to make things work even under the most difficult of circumstances. Because of budget short falls, I have often times had to be creative and have an I'm going to get it done anyhow attitude. This has helped me build a team with a great group of kids as well as develop a great culture.

The hardest part of this job is not taking all the setbacks, losses, and challenges personally. There are a lot of variables out of your control in a position like this, you have to realize that and do your best to minimize your reaction to certain situations, and keep a cool head in all situations. The best part of this job is working with the kids and seeing them achieve their goals or doing something they didn't think they could do. Overall, seeing that is what makes dealing with all the other stuff (the NCAA, administration, conduct issues, lack of funds, angry alumni, parents, etc...) worth it.
Student
Student (Current Employee), Greeley, COAugust 11, 2013
full time student, graduated in 4 years and a summer semester.
Wonderful college experience
Social and Traditional Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 22, 2013
Pros: work environment, advancement, opportunities, wonderful people
Cons: none!
I loved working for and attending this university. I grew a lot and learned what my true passion in life was; working in a university with students and inspiring faculty. I loved being involved on-campus in so many ways and I had a blast in all of the job positions I held.
enjoyable
Cafeteria staff (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 13, 2013
cleaning, recieving, stocking, meeting people, friendly atmosphere learned about retail
Great Experience
Adjunct Laboratory Instructor (Current Employee), Greeley, COMarch 27, 2013
Faculty are respectful and supportive
Work is appreciated
Great education from very knowledgeable professors
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee), Greeley, ColoradoDecember 11, 2012
UNC provided a great education in chemistry. The school is large enough to afford expensive scientific equipment and highly skilled professors who know how to use it, but yet it had small enough class sizes in chemistry that you could get to know your professors. For graduate level classes a class size would be around seven students to one PhD professor.